Sign in to follow this  
Carbon

Help with some creative research ideas pls

Carbon    1874

In one of my classes we drew topics out of a hat for our research papers. I ended up getting one of the most difficult ones (i think) on finding information for.
I have to figure out and argue how the Death Penalty negatively affects the sustainability of the environment. My professor is well aware that the topic is more of a difficult one and is willing to give me some slack as long as I can come up with some creative ideas for it. I've done a little bit of research so far and I'm not seeing a whole lot of correlation between the two. If anyone can help me think of some ideas I can expand on that would be the tits. I just need some decent ideas to spring off of. 

+Urthor    10211

You've been shafted there's no way you can rescue this.  

I'd go to the professor, take a journal search in whatever journal database you use, and show him there's actually no relevant research articles for you to cite on this and beg and grovel for something that there's legitimate cite-able research for.   

Professors are good people if you say "well there's no papers on this" which is an actually great excuse they'll be fair and help you change the topic.  

Literally those two things sounds like you're playing boggle or some sort of word association game.  

Idk what the original assignment specification is and whether it's about death penalty or the environment or some random assignment in general, but try and come up with some alternative options for your grovel session you can ask to research instead.  

• Upvote 3

HououinKyouma    808

Poked around a little bit, and the best I could do was potentially talking about that the death penalty leads to an increase of pentobarbitol in the US which in turn could lead to a higher amount of secondary pentobarbitol poisoning of wildlife, this is a real stretch however as according to this from the us fish and wildlife service it seems that most secondary pentobarbitol poisoning is the result of improperly disposed euthanized animals, also pentobarbitol appears to be a common anesthetic used on wild animals.

The next best thing that I could find was that states turning to compounding pharmacies as more and more pharmacies refuse to sell drugs required for lethal injection to states, and one of those pharmacies led to a fungal meningitis outbreak.

But yeah I'd beg and grovel as well, this one seems pretty fucking difficult. Good luck, I think you're going to need it on this one.

• Upvote 3