gift

Sylvan Discussion

gift    5

A very resilient deck thats managed to continue to dominate the meta and adapt to many meta changes since its release.

The current standard Sylvan build (as popularized by Billy Brake) looks like this:

Skill: Grit
3 x Sylvan Komushroomo
3 x Rose Lover
2 x Sylvan Hermitree
2 x World Carrotweight Champion
3 x Sylvan Marshleaf
3 x Sylvan Guardioak
1 x Tribute to the Doomed
2 x Enemy Controller
1 x Treacherous Trap Hole

Works very well and using 1 Tribute To The Doomed and 2 Enemy controller gives versatility when you draw multiples compared to 3 Enemy Controllers, however, if you dont have Tribute to the Doomed I would suggest using 3 Enemy Controllers since Tribute to the Doomed is from a very old set and you could use your gems on something else. You could also mess around and try 2 Treacherous Trap Hole and 2 Enemy Controllers (which I think has potential to be good).

Popular side deck options at the moment include: DNA Surgery (Level 40 Weevil Reward), Zombie World (Level 23 Bonz Reward), Last Day of Witch, Warrior Elimination, Fragnance Storm (Card Trader), Divine Wrath, Ultimate Providence, and Magic Deflector (Card Trader).

As of today:

With limited space in a 5 card side deck, I would recommend DNA Surgery and Zombie World to combat the Spellbook matchup. That is your most difficult matchup, and those cards can auto win you those games post siding (as you will likely lose g1). You would want to side out 2 enemy controllers, however you may also side out 1 Guardioak and 1 Enemy Controller instead.

It is also wise to side in 1-2 Warrior Eliminations for Amazon and Heros, it can be very awkward drawing both, but the card is blow out in these matchups and is too good not to run. It can easily lead to comebacks and win you games that you shouldnt be winning. I recommend siding out tribute to the doomed and either an econ or a guardioak for these cards (if your facing amazon, side out econ for sure and keep 3 Guardioak since econ isnt as strong vs Amazon compared to how strong it is vs Heros)

The last 1-2 cards is up to debate. I am currently trying out Needle Ceiling as it can blow out Amazon, but its extremely situational. You may also tech a Fragrance Storm for the mirror, however, your main is honestly already really good for the mirror. I would mess around with these last 1-2 cards based on what you believe the most represented deck for your event will be.

There is no perfect side deck in Duel Links, the meta is constantly changing, so you will need to make adjustments based on the event your playing. Warrior Elimination may be great one event but bad in another event where you are mostly facing Spellbooks, which may make 1-2 Last Day of Witch very good in your side.

Edited by gift

Carbon    1861

Sylvans are retarded. It's the best Pvp deck and if you add a Winged Dragon of Ra it becomes the best farming deck. They can do it all.