The Ween

I need some help understanding the meta

The Ween    237

Hey everyone (those of you who are left),

I don't know how many of you remember me- the last time I consistently posted was over 2 years ago. I happen to be home from school for YCS NJ, and the last time I played was with Wind-Ups at ARG Atlantic City. I'm a fan of the new link and figured it'd be fun to play for the next couple weeks, until I go back to North Carolina. 

Anyway, I need some help understanding what the meta looks like after this banlist. From what I've seen, there will be some Mermail, Altergeist, Magical Musket, Gouki, SPYral, and Knightmare variants, but I am suffering from some serious sample bias. Can anyone lay out for me how the game looks?

I'm happy to be back, btw.

• Upvote 1

»Noelle    5845

starting 5 days from now the most relevant decks will be:

1. sky striker

2. gouki

3. spyral

4. altergeist

and then a bunch of stuff like mermail, invoked mekk knight, infernoid, world chalice, etc which wont be as popular as those 4

• Upvote 1

The Ween    237

Why are sky strikers so popular? I haven't really seen them around, but they look like an incomplete archetype.

»Noelle    5845

they're just a really strong control deck

the meta was gouki + rogue until dark saviors. now and for the forseeable future sky striker (pure and variants) look to be solidly at the top with gouki taking 2nd, trickstar also seem to have had a minor resurgence. altergeist are popping up now and then too.

honestly i'd wait a month or so for a big official event like a regional or a YCS to judge the current meta.

Jazz    5316

when i first read the title of this thread my brain automatically filled in the end of it as:

I need some help understanding women

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1