Sign in to follow this  
Tygo

Deadpool 2

»Tygo    14117

Saw it over the weekend. I liked it a lot. I don't think I liked it as much as the first but I might need another watch to give it the credit it needs.

The start with her dying and just overall dramatic/depressing tone of it had me pretty worried but it picked up very quick and went right into what made the first movie great. X-Force cameos could've been better but certainly not mad at how they turned out.

Last thing I loved was how at the end when he takes a big hit from the kid, his suit goes white just like in the X-Force comics. Hopefully foreshadowing in someway but who knows if DP3 is even a thing yet.

Also was there a credits seen at the very end of the credits? Was forced to leave before then.

Faint    5825

the end credits scene where he killed himself as green lanturn and wolverine deadpool were arguably the funniest cinematic scenes ive ever seen

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14117

10000000000000% agreed.

• Upvote 1

Aaron    2018

i was a bit underwhelmed tbh. 

definitely funny, not sure as a film if it was very good though compared to the first.

i felt this time around A LOT of plot, story and characterisation was totally sacrificed for jokes.

Faint    5825
On 6/9/2018 at 11:32 PM, Aaron said:

i was a bit underwhelmed tbh. 

definitely funny, not sure as a film if it was very good though compared to the first.

i felt this time around A LOT of plot, story and characterisation was totally sacrificed for jokes.

i completely get your point but then again - could they really live up to the first one?

deadpool isnt built around characterization or plot, its built around 4th wall jokes etc which i think this film did well.

i think you'll enjoy it more the 2nd time when you take it for what it is

Aaron    2018
13 hours ago, Faint said:

i completely get your point but then again - could they really live up to the first one?

deadpool isnt built around characterization or plot, its built around 4th wall jokes etc which i think this film did well.

i think you'll enjoy it more the 2nd time when you take it for what it is

I felt like the kid was just really irritating and mis-cast. In the first deadpool, him and to a lesser extent, his girlfriend has ATTITUDE... which I liked. It made them stand out. In this film everyone had a bit too much sass about them.. for example the fat crazy kid and i felt their charisma didn't shine though. :(