Aaron    2025
Posted (edited)

Any recommendations for good investments if you have the money? 

I have some cash lying around, not sure what to invest it in.

My suggestions are:

1. Property

2. Nintendo stocks pre pokemon-switch big announcement

3. Nvidia stocks just cos they are have a monopoly on graphics cards

or if you are slightly more into risk

4. Crypto 1k each in a couple of lowkey coins and see what happens 

I have some cash which is just not being used and I think I'd like to use it. I'd most like to buy some property but that involves some loop holes which will make it difficult because I work for an agency and therefore self employed. i.e. they will probably ask me for double the deposit rather than the usual which just makes me feel like its waste of potential cash to invest. 

I'm asking cos I know there are people WAY smarter than me who would have used the cash I have now and probably tripled it at a minimum. 

Edited by Aaron

+rei+    34642

index bonds are best way for solid return if you aren't getting bent over on brokerage fees

+rei+    34642

> nvidia

> monopoly

uh

BuildTheWalia    247
4 hours ago, Aaron said:

2. Nintendo stocks pre pokemon-switch big announcement

Well that would've been some helpful advice a couple days ago.

• Upvote 2

+rei+    34642

honestly the markets never wise up to video game announcements properly, we already know we're getting main series games in 2019 but the market doesn't - investing before a hype vid works

the funniest was way back when the market was really stupid, my brother picked up activision before COD releases and the market was never ready and hed always make okay money off it 

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10220

Nintendo is trading at a ridiculous price to earnings ratio and never fucking pays a dividend because Japan.  

Also picking stocks when my country has 20 dollar brokerage fees gets pretty silly, hard to invest in NVIDA/AMD/Vidya gaeme companies pre announcements when that's a thing.  I probably need a better system for it.  

Aaron    2025
On 02/06/2018 at 1:50 AM, rei said:

honestly the markets never wise up to video game announcements properly, we already know we're getting main series games in 2019 but the market doesn't - investing before a hype vid works

the funniest was way back when the market was really stupid, my brother picked up activision before COD releases and the market was never ready and hed always make okay money off it 

yup just seems like really fucking easy money if ur at all invested in video games.

and despite knowing whats gonna be released, the video hype is always ridiculous. wait til a proper pokemon 3D rpg is announced.. no matter what, it will spike crazy hype levels. 

+rei+    34642

you get some spikes but it only affects the market if it sells beyond market expectation - which used to be 'always' cos they erred conservative but its now a more measurable and trackable market and their analytics are improving.

(half my job is fuckin babysitting analytics crap fwiw)