TheGoldenTyranno

TGT Presents!: My Name is Earl Mafia[Incomplete]

I think I have to call this game unfinishable due to mod error. My apologies for the time invested. It was down to RNG anyhow. If Solstice had died it was game over and scum won and in all likelihood, if this flip had gone through correctly scum would have lost. However I accidentally in my tiredness posted the qt in the flip and 1-2 town players saw it. I don't believe I can reasonably and with good conscience continue the game in light of all this.  

+Sophocles    3001

I like my mafia games the way I like my coffee - without markus in it and with a very bitter note at the end.

• Haha 1

»Flacko    2145

i lost my laptop charger. i godded d1. malcolm should not have died. i considered killing solstice. another kill was faint. i was asking for reads on roles. rip.

i found my laptop charger though!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 1

Solstice    378
Posted (edited)

GG everybody, sorry I played my role so badly but it was fun to be town again for once.  Can we get a quicktopick/discord link to scumchat?

Edited by Solstice

»Flacko    2145
1 hour ago, Sophocles said:

I like my mafia games the way I like my coffee - without markus in it and with a very bitter note at the end.

i just think you're really really really awful at this game. do you see how many people i pocketed on day 1? practically the entire game. i had a winnable game. you always float or never post anything regardless of your alignment. i don't think you've ever helped solve a game once as town. i'm pretty sure you just get away with scum sometimes because you're also floater town. 

• Downvote 1
  • Confused 1

Solstice    378
Posted (edited)

Time for my usual thoughts on everybody.

While I don’t think scum played well it’s fair to say that town honestly played worse, myself included.  Being wrong on 3 out of 4 scumreads day 1 is awful and it made me paranoid to take a hard stance on anything for the rest of the game because I kept second guessing myself as I was afraid I’d fuck it up again.  And then I was gone for the most important part of the phase which made it hard to do anything meaningful.  Sucks to suck but it was still fun to be town for a change.  Anyway onto the other players:

Walia: HOW DID YOU LET YOURSELF GET MODKILLED, you even came back in thread after I tagged you about vote quota and you STILL didn’t vote.   You’re one of those players that starts out weak but gets exponentially more valuable to town as the game progress, so losing you really hurt town. Not to mention the fact that it put us in MYLO on day 2.  (FWIW I disagree with what jazz said in the discord and think vote quota is actually a good thing, but to each their own).

rei: My gosh that claim of your was awful, and I honestly don’t understand why the hell you even attempted it that late. But I’m more flabbergasted it almost worked TBH.  You’re lucky faint was gone and Brandis is new as otherwise that would have literally screamed scum to any of our usual actives if they were online at the time.  Though I suppose it’s my own fault for not voting you outright with faint as he likely would have stayed on you instead of switching to markus with me and with us + broken it would have been enough to avoid the RNG tie.  Or at least switched my vote back to Markus as it would have forced a tie even if broken didn’t come back.  

Broken: BLESS YOU. I thought for sure nobody would come back and we’d lose outright.  I think you played the best game of your life here so I hope you get to stay for showing improvement.  

Malcolm:  Sorry I failed the whole town, I don’t know how to lead anybody TBH.  I probably should have claimed day 1 so I’d bite the bullet instead as you could have lead them better than I could.  I should have listened to you about Markus day 1.  

Silver: WTH man?  Did you even try this game or did you get too busy to read the thread and decided to wing it? It’s fine to place a few votes early day one without explanation as pressure votes, but if you’re changing your vote to someone you plan to stay on for EOD you need to tell people why.  And the faint vote was horrible and I’d really like to know why you chose to vote him of all people.

Markus: While you started off very strong day 1 it was going to come at the expense of downward spiral the rest of the game.  It’s easy to see that scum would favor earls claiming knowing it’s either a 2x earl or doc + cop row as if it’s the former you get free PR kills at no downside, and in the latter you don’t lose anything and know what setup you’re playing.  It’s why I initially voted you over rei. 

Faint: GG you were the closest person to a transparent townie we had; I failed at that myself and had to fall back on a claim to save me. I do think you could have explained your reads a bit better (read through thread with rei as scum isn’t the best explanation) but at least you were right on your reads.

Brandis: For someone new to mafia you did alright, though as town having a vote out at mylo (mislynch = lose) is extremely important as scum were able to tie votes with just the two of them.  Even if you’d voted wrong (voted me instead of rei) it’s still better for town that you try rather than do nothing.  

Again sorry I played so poorly and it sucks the game got cancelled, but for that brief moment between when RNG got called in my favor and the whole game terminated I was on cloud 9 so I guess I’d say I had fun regardless. If somebody could link me the QT so I could look through it that's be great, but otherwise I think that's about everything I have to say.  Thank you Tyranno for hosting!

Edited by Solstice

Faint    5726

I'm hanging af

Faint    5726

"Faint is transparent townie"

Yet nobody followed my correct reads

I blame tyranno tbh

Faint    5726
9 hours ago, pretty lord flacko said:

i lost my laptop charger. i godded d1. malcolm should not have died. i considered killing solstice. another kill was faint. i was asking for reads on roles. rip.

i found my laptop charger though!

You fucking SUCK at mafia

• Upvote 2

Faint    5726

Broken if you play like this ebery gane you will find that not only do you please people playing with you, but it is actually more fun

+Sophocles    3001
10 hours ago, pretty lord flacko said:

i just think you're really really really awful at this game. do you see how many people i pocketed on day 1? practically the entire game. i had a winnable game. you always float or never post anything regardless of your alignment. i don't think you've ever helped solve a game once as town. i'm pretty sure you just get away with scum sometimes because you're also floater town. 

:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Brandis72    25
Posted (edited)

GGs... a real shame I kinda never got the time I (expected) to have to come back before the game ends...

I was going to vote rei after listening to your arguments, despite my gut telling me otherwise.

I made numerous errors of portrayal - I think my overall posture was a huge benefit to scum (being this floaty yet active unreadable piece of shit) by being unintentionally ambiguous.

Following rei's claim was a misplay, although I was actually against you before rei's interference - it's just that he kinda claimed cop in the middle of my post.

It seemed odd to me that scum would just look scummy, and your own mistakes (solstice) could have been the agenda of a very good scum... rei's claim, amusingly enough, actually lost him the game (let's pretend I actually came back on time and voted on him because that's what I would have done after your posts, solstice).

Edited by Brandis72

Brandis72    25
Posted (edited)

Yeah broken brilliance was like, crystal clear town... I guess I'll pick up from there when it comes to actually creating a positive impression.

Edited by Brandis72

+Sophocles    3001
1 hour ago, Brandis72 said:

Yeah broken brilliance was like, crystal clear town... I guess I'll pick up from there when it comes to actually creating a positive impression.

what a time to be alive

• Pride 1
  • Haha 5

+rei+    34516

i straight up didn't see your  claim rofl, like yeah it was bolded and italicized but i was in dont-get-modkilled mode and glazed over it 

No idea how i pulled it so well i think my overall 'scum would never be this dum' strat helped a bit 

• Pride 1

10 minutes ago, rei said:

i straight up didn't see your  claim rofl, like yeah it was bolded and italicized but i was in dont-get-modkilled mode and glazed over it 

No idea how i pulled it so well i think my overall 'scum would never be this dum' strat helped a bit 

Yeah, what gave you away to me is when you said “I guess I have to solve this game to prove I’m not scum.” Normally you’re already trying to solve the game and especially since it was Mylo was bad. That and the claim so late in the day. 

Malcolm's Multi    1716

I was the correct kill and ash made the right choice. I had the scum team on day one 

ash’s claim was funny to me and it made sense when he said he didn’t see the previous claim

Solstice    378
5 hours ago, rei said:

Even if you somehow missed the claim itself, almost all the subsequent posts by everyone else mentioned it in one way or another ("assuming there's no counter claim," "No lynch isn't an option because of the earl claim," "confirmed town since nobody else claimed," etc.) that it honestly should have been impossible to miss this fact unless you straight up didn't read the thread.  Which unfortunately isn't surprising for dgz in general, but I expected better of you.

+rei+    34516

like i said, reading backwards, it got mentioned twice lol