TheGoldenTyranno

TGT Presents!: My Name is Earl Mafia[Incomplete]

Brandis72    19
13 minutes ago, Broken Brilliance said:

Claiming isn’t bad actually, cuz then we know what we’re dealing with in terms of format, and scum already know their roles.

This is the argument that really flips the table for me - information is on scum's side, and claims give us info on whether or not they have a roleblocker, and whether or not we have one or more real power roles.

However... what do we do if scum itself claims earl (in a setup where there's only 1 earl), or counterclaims a legitimate earl (although I think we're safe on that front since even if it leads to a mislynch d1, at the start of d2 town-scum ratio is 5-2, and then at the start of d3 town-scum ratio is 4-1, which should be strongly advantaged for our side)?

BuildTheWalia    197
1 hour ago, Faint said:

i feel like brandis if he was scum would've been told straight away in the qt not to say "d1 sux" etc after the first comment, yet hes kept doing it

hes a weak town read so far

That feels like Wifom to me, new players can just as easily be told by scum partners what to do and what not to do to be perceived as "new town". Brandis is a null read for me, with suspicion based on his initial post of "my alignment doesn't matter".

Official Vote Count:

rei(1) -  Silver

Malcolm(1) - Solstice

flacko(2) - BB, Malcolm

Walia(1) - Brandis

Solstice(1) - Faint

Not Voting: Walia, flacko

Everybody Has Reached Posting Quota 

Not Reached Voting Quota: Walia, flacko

BuildTheWalia    197
1 hour ago, pretty lord flacko said:

i am? i have?

Only on page 2.

1 hour ago, pretty lord flacko said:

walia do you think i am scum? why?

No, so far it looks like your posts are coming from a town perspective and you aren't doing what you did last time we were scum together.

BuildTheWalia    197
5 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Official Vote Count:

flacko(2) - BB, Malcolm

Wow what a coincidence.

ill get 2 it.

sorry im watching the hobbit and i will be with u in like 40 minutes or something.

might i add that i am glad that i did not have to play with sophocles.

yeah lets go ahead and shift the vote off of me i will see who is scum after the hobbit is over.

Solstice    375

unvote

vote rei

14 hours ago, Faint said:

i'm not sure on this fwiw, its the old masons arguement

i think they should claim if pressured, but otherwise it just lines up nk targets and removes reads we can get from interactions with them later on if you know what i mean?

I can see faint’s POV here too.  I wouldn’t mind having them wait a day to claim as having a confirmed town is more valuable in the later stages of the game than the early ones .  Scum could just kill them outright if they claim, but they don’t claim scum are more likely to “wiff” and hit a vanilla than anything else.  And if we have a doc this way they only have to worry about Malcolm/rei as opposed to malcolm/rei/earl (have we ever had a doc that’d didn’t heal one of them or a claimed PR right off the bat?) Though having them claim early does save cop (if we have one) from wasting a scan on them so there's that too consider too.  As long as our earl(s) if any claim before mylo/lylo so that scum can’t cc them without dying for it, I think we’ll be alright.  If we can't get a majority to agree one way or another though I think it's just best to let any potential earls choose when to claim for themselves. 

Anyway given interactions I don’t think Markus and faint can be scum together as they’ve got differing viewpoints on the claiming issue and faint has back his up rather well.  I also don’t think Markus could be scum with Malcolm given he asked him a question and Malcolm ignored it.  I actually kind of like BB for town surprisingly, and am getting “too dumb to be scum” from brandis though I guess a strong scum might just let him run and do his own thing to give that impression.  Markus, faint, BB, and kind of brandis is my little town circle for now, though if I find out we’re in double earl (or no earl) land Markus could drop for pushing hard for claiming. (Scum having roleblocker in that case would know it’s either double earl or doc + cop, and would want any earls to claim for easy PR eliminations.  Faint would also move way up here for arguing against it.)

I want rei to post some actual content, walia hasn’t really done much either but that’s more expected of him.  Silver’s been kind MIA too, need more from him as well. I feel that Malcolm is just snapping at low hanging fruit by cherry picking phrases but there was slight improvement since I placed my vote so I’ll move it for now.  

Official Vote Count:

rei(2) -  Silver, Solstice

flacko(2) - BB, Malcolm

Walia(1) - Brandis

Solstice(1) - Faint

+rei+    34494

vote malcolm

Rhymes with Dollicy Grinch. 

I actually disagree pretty strongly with faint on the value of day 1 interactions  but only sort of - you gotta find the line where people stop throwing out shit to create content and where people actually start 'trying' - anything before that line (like whatever Jazz was doing) is useless; but afer that point shit gets relevant - You can be quiet and make well reasoned observations and try... and instead just giggling and doing nothing is not gonna fuckin fly here 

Official Vote Count:

rei(2) -  Silver, Solstice

flacko(2) - BB, Malcolm

Walia(1) - Brandis

Solstice(1) - Faint

Malcolm(1) - rei

The day should end around 6 PM Central Time tomorrow. I'll be heading to bed before long. Keep those Unofficial Vote Counts coming!

+Malcolm    4566
4 hours ago, rei said:

vote malcolm

Rhymes with Dollicy Grinch. 

I actually disagree pretty strongly with faint on the value of day 1 interactions  but only sort of - you gotta find the line where people stop throwing out shit to create content and where people actually start 'trying' - anything before that line (like whatever Jazz was doing) is useless; but afer that point shit gets relevant - You can be quiet and make well reasoned observations and try... and instead just giggling and doing nothing is not gonna fuckin fly here 

why did you ignore me?

alright so from my first real analysis of this thread, i feel like i gave brandis the slip too early. that might've fucked with malcolm a bit. i'll post some reasoning and dig more in a minute.

so the first thing i want to mention is that brandis is suspicious of nothing after i ask him. i thought it was initially natural from him being a new player but i dont think brandis is a stupid person. i mean he's one of the best players on my yugioh team and ive learned a lot from him. he didn't say anything how there was an early wagon on rei from silver or anything, he just said nothing was of value. going through his posts some more, they feel pretty empty. his first vote was on walia who had not posted yet who fills the vote quota of the day. brandis is floating hard and keeping distance from anything that really matters it looks like.

i have some stuff written down. i have to go through solstice carefully. this is just stuff that i've come up with through a quick read.

+rei+    34494
20 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

why did you ignore me?

i think im going to vote brandis for now

VOTE BRANDIS

still reading through everything. ask me questions please.

Faint    5706

unvote

vote markus

literally doing a 180 and going for low hanging fruit that I already explained is I think more likely silly town

I'm against earls claiming but i played mason so fucking badly with silver last time sooooo maybe I'm not the best person to ask here

i mean i just was neutralish on brandis the whole time. is it really so bad to change my opinion?

alright i think i might have to drop a trust list and compare it to solstice's