Jump to content
TheGoldenTyranno

TGT Presents!: My Name is Earl Mafia[Incomplete]

Recommended Posts

Faint    5847
56 minutes ago, pretty lord flacko said:

i mean i just was neutralish on brandis the whole time. is it really so bad to change my opinion?

Not usually but when it contradicts my opinion then yes :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5847

Markus what do you think of rei pls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flacko    2143

he says he disagrees with you for the most part and you've spoken on brandis and malcolm so far for town. he's pressing malcolm a lot. i dont think it means he thinks malcolm is scum yet because he says policy lynch. he wants more info first. he elaborates on this when he says he doesn't believe in the 'content' that malcolm and brandis/jazz have put out. that being said, i agree that brandis/jazz hasn't made good content.

 

my deal is that they both aren't too hot on brandis/jazz so that makes this whole dichotomy really weird. they're at eachothers necks. they should be working together for the most part right?

 

rei is a lot more passive, like trying to get more work out of malcolm. malcolm is a lot more aggressive and blood thirsty. it feels a bit soon to say because 1. they haven't gotten sufficient responses out of eachother and 2. there haven't been any flips yet. i want to watch them more. especially tomorrow.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5847
1 hour ago, pretty lord flacko said:

rei is a lot more passive, like trying to get more work out of malcolm. malcolm is a lot more aggressive and blood thirsty. it feels a bit soon to say because 1. they haven't gotten sufficient responses out of eachother and 2. there haven't been any flips yet. i want to watch them more. especially tomorrow.

this is what i noticed as well

 

scumrei typically just goes for one "big hitter" that he knows is unlikely to get lynched to give himself more time early on. as town ive noticed he tends to be much more timid until he can certify scum. i want to keep an eye on the two of them and their relationship - because this is how rei set it up with jazz in previous games when both he and jazz were scum together

 

good analysis markus you earned yourself an unvote

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Vote Count:

 

rei(2) -  Silver, Solstice

flacko(2) - BB, Malcolm

Walia(1) - Brandis

Malcolm(1) - rei

Brandis(1) - flacko

 

Not Voting: Walia

Everybody Has Reached Posting Quota 

Not Reached Voting Quota: @BuildTheWalia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unvote

 

confuswd that he’s Markus but for now he seems trustworthy. Has anyone noticed the interaction between walia and brandis as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5847
Just now, Broken Brilliance said:

Has anyone noticed the interaction between walia and brandis as well? 

which are you referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Page two, early in day and voting walia. At first thought it was a joke but it’s still there now and I think we should look into brandis a little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandis72    35

I'm admittedly very much out of my element by playing such an abstract game, but my hopes were and still are that voting Walia will drive him to post more and provide more information for the next day (provided others actually help me and provide a critical mass of votes on him); call this situation passive-aggressive if you will, but that's on Walia for his lack of any juicy response, not on me for starting it. 

That aside, I don't think I can realistically try to make reads based on the personality of early posts - Malcolm's aggressiveness could precisely be what makes him town, as he's not afraid of being reprimanded for it... likewise, even though Markus is making a large number of useful posts, this is both advantageous for the town and for themselves (as hypothetical scum) if they're trying to build a reputation in the future. I simply lack the skill to say anything conclusive for the meantime.

 

As for my status as idiot town; this may be strategic for sneaky scum by both making them look inherently NK-proof and presumably be low-priority lynches... but what good does it do me to keep that status in a game where people, rather than ignoring me for that behaviour, instead lunge at me... if I could redeem myself with better posts, I would, and precisely since I'm not in a scum team I can't even receive any real advice on that front.

I also think that it'd be dumb for scum to basically encourage their partner to pursue a foolish line that may lead in death, especially on day 1.

Looking natural  at the cost of alienating others in a given context has limits... and I think I've already gone past it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandis72    35

them* (the limits)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    34642
41 minutes ago, Silver said:

unvote

 

vote faint

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5847
1 hour ago, Brandis72 said:

I'm admittedly very much out of my element by playing such an abstract game, but my hopes were and still are that voting Walia will drive him to post more and provide more information for the next day (provided others actually help me and provide a critical mass of votes on him); call this situation passive-aggressive if you will, but that's on Walia for his lack of any juicy response, not on me for starting it. 

That aside, I don't think I can realistically try to make reads based on the personality of early posts - Malcolm's aggressiveness could precisely be what makes him town, as he's not afraid of being reprimanded for it... likewise, even though Markus is making a large number of useful posts, this is both advantageous for the town and for themselves (as hypothetical scum) if they're trying to build a reputation in the future. I simply lack the skill to say anything conclusive for the meantime.

 

As for my status as idiot town; this may be strategic for sneaky scum by both making them look inherently NK-proof and presumably be low-priority lynches... but what good does it do me to keep that status in a game where people, rather than ignoring me for that behaviour, instead lunge at me... if I could redeem myself with better posts, I would, and precisely since I'm not in a scum team I can't even receive any real advice on that front.

I also think that it'd be dumb for scum to basically encourage their partner to pursue a foolish line that may lead in death, especially on day 1.

Looking natural  at the cost of alienating others in a given context has limits... and I think I've already gone past it.

Uhhhhh so you'e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5847

Fuck mobile posting man

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5847

Brandis what do you think of walia now the thread has progressed a little?

 

Other than "everything on d1 could be a lie!!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d keep a close on on rei/Malcolm and brandis/walia. Hard to keep an eye on two people who are just floating through but it can be done

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solstice    388
2 hours ago, Silver said:

unvote

 

vote faint

unvote

 

vote silver

 

Your only actual content this game was an early vote on re which I think was a joke, then you go MIA and come back voting a town read of mine.  Not cool.  

 

Also if we could collectively decide on who to lynch instead of having votes spread out all over the place that would be great, especially since we have like 5 hours left in this day phase.  I am not going to lynch Markus or faint as I think both their post of been very towny.  I am against lynching BB and brandis because while not being nearly as towny as the former, I still think they're more likely to be town than the other 4 players in this game.  Silver's only content has been 2 votes with no explanation of either (and I don't think his first vote was all that serious) so I am for lynching him.  @BuildTheWalia has contributed almost no thoughts of his own (save thinking markus was town when directly pressured about it) but as he has yet to meet vote quota I don't want to waste a lynch on someone who might get modkilled anyway. (The tag is to remind you to vote BTW.) I still don't like Malcolm cherry picking sentences, especially on two people I think are town.  And rei hasn't really done anything in the way of game solving which is concerning.  (It's worth noting I doubt Malcolm and rei could be scum together based on interactions, but I don't like either of them at the moment.)  So I'm cool with anyone in that pool, but we do need to make a collective voting effort here unless we want a random lynch between like 5 different people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Solstice said:

  I am against lynching BB and brandis because while not being nearly as towny as the former,

No one has even offered me up for a lynch. You’re just filling this in there so “you give thoughts” this whole post is a bunch of fluffing bullshit. You don’t like someone because they voted someone you read as town? That’s a bad reasoning imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malcolm's Multi    1789
53 minutes ago, Solstice said:

unvote

 

vote silver

 

Your only actual content this game was an early vote on re which I think was a joke, then you go MIA and come back voting a town read of mine.  Not cool.  

 

Also if we could collectively decide on who to lynch instead of having votes spread out all over the place that would be great, especially since we have like 5 hours left in this day phase.  I am not going to lynch Markus or faint as I think both their post of been very towny.  I am against lynching BB and brandis because while not being nearly as towny as the former, I still think they're more likely to be town than the other 4 players in this game.  Silver's only content has been 2 votes with no explanation of either (and I don't think his first vote was all that serious) so I am for lynching him.  @BuildTheWalia has contributed almost no thoughts of his own (save thinking markus was town when directly pressured about it) but as he has yet to meet vote quota I don't want to waste a lynch on someone who might get modkilled anyway. (The tag is to remind you to vote BTW.) I still don't like Malcolm cherry picking sentences, especially on two people I think are town.  And rei hasn't really done anything in the way of game solving which is concerning.  (It's worth noting I doubt Malcolm and rei could be scum together based on interactions, but I don't like either of them at the moment.)  So I'm cool with anyone in that pool, but we do need to make a collective voting effort here unless we want a random lynch between like 5 different people. 

Cherry picking sentences? Scum tells are scum tells are scum tells and it is awfully strange to me that you defend them and discredit me at the same time. 

 

@Faint give me your two best scum reads and two best town reads please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malcolm's Multi    1789
11 hours ago, pretty lord flacko said:

he says he disagrees with you for the most part and you've spoken on brandis and malcolm so far for town. he's pressing malcolm a lot. i dont think it means he thinks malcolm is scum yet because he says policy lynch. he wants more info first. he elaborates on this when he says he doesn't believe in the 'content' that malcolm and brandis/jazz have put out. that being said, i agree that brandis/jazz hasn't made good content.

 

my deal is that they both aren't too hot on brandis/jazz so that makes this whole dichotomy really weird. they're at eachothers necks. they should be working together for the most part right?

 

rei is a lot more passive, like trying to get more work out of malcolm. malcolm is a lot more aggressive and blood thirsty. it feels a bit soon to say because 1. they haven't gotten sufficient responses out of eachother and 2. there haven't been any flips yet. i want to watch them more. especially tomorrow.

 

Same question I gave faint, and why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    34642

> Silver votes someone for actually trying

> soltice points out this is pretty silly and throws a vote at it

 

just in case we get lost in malcolm vs solstice defense/pressure/almost pregnant stuff feel like we shouldn't forget this is the main meat of the post 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5847
43 minutes ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

Cherry picking sentences? Scum tells are scum tells are scum tells and it is awfully strange to me that you defend them and discredit me at the same time. 

 

@Faint give me your two best scum reads and two best town reads please 

i like broken and brandis for town

silvers vote was fucking awful so i'm tempted to put a vote there. i'm wary of you/rei and a little paranoid that the two of you could be setting up a "1v1 show" for later - though this is initial and wouldnt call it scumreads. i also like markus for agreeing with me on this. 

 

gimme a min to read back i didnt realize there wasnt that long for this dayphase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×