Faint

World Cup 2018 Fantasy Football, & Discussion Thread

Faint    5841

I mean damn Argentina were dreadful hahaha

Jazz    5322

the manager should be sac'd

supposedly he left his best keeper off the roster when the keeper said he could play through an injury

and instead he chose to ride to the world cup with... that other guy...

+Urthor    10210

All I want is for them to fire their coach and do something completely ludicrous like draft Arsene, Jose or someone else from pundit work as their coach

Faint    5841

ITS COMING HOME GUYS

+Sophocles    3074
40 minutes ago, Faint said:

ITS COMING HOME GUYS

your team's bus you mean

• Haha 3

Faint    5841
5 hours ago, Sophocles said:

your team's bus you mean

im always town no need to bus

Portugal were lucky to go through today

Aaron    2023
Posted (edited)

never got excited about this worldcup hence my lack of posts. we never played a decent team apart from belgium + croatia who we lose to. 

got a really easy route to the final and couldn't do it. a lot of english players are bottlers sadly and you could see the cracks, especially Sterling who is possibly the weakest player mentally I've ever seen [as evidenced by booing at anfield making him turn into a league 1 player].  i think this tournament is actually not that valuable of an experience for the team. we didn't get to play any top class teams to gain experience in that regard.

Harry Maguire should use this world cup to engineer a move to a top side. 

Rashford should move or he will suffer the same fate as Martial and/or Walcott internationally. 

I think AOC walks into this england team. 

Southgate is far too forgiving. There are a couple of players who probably should have been switched out. However I honestly don't think we had many or any solutions on how to beat France so its all a bit redundant. 

Despite how easy the teams were that we beat, I think England did REALLY well given how shit the players are compared to 10 years ago. Its really sad as the England team 10 years ago would have won this World Cup (but then again, the Brazil team 10 years ago would have been rampant). This WC has taught me the quality of football, especially defensively has indeed taken a turn for the worst. A lot of end to end stuff, no Pirlo's in the middle of the park dictating play.

I hope France win it. 

Croatia probably has the best central midfield in the tournament and their defence is solid as fuck. However I expect this to be the tournament where Mbappe becomes a legend. It just seems written in the stars at this point. 

Also everyone who shits on the French league can go fuck themselves lol. Possibly the best performers of this WC and the quarters came from the French league. 

Edited by Aaron
  • Upvote 1