Broken Brilliance

Broken's Broken Game

BuildTheWalia    250
On 6/23/2018 at 4:42 AM, JerichoTheUnwise said:

Also more on my reasoning for lynching Malcolm, he literally posted nothing of use on Day One, still hasn't given a reason for this lack of activity, and the first thing he said today was what I assume was a joke post about Tyranno, before then voting for himself with no further reasoning.

This is normal play for Malcolm, most people here let it slide.

BuildTheWalia    250
23 hours ago, JerichoTheUnwise said:

9 players so I'm guessing around three scum

Usually 9 players translates to 2 scum.

BuildTheWalia    250
On 6/23/2018 at 6:44 AM, Jazz said:

can you explain what you were thinking when you made this post?

I like this post. Jazz already has the "towncred support", so it feels like a genuine question from someone who wants to get as much info out of the day as possible as they are most favored to get the power to lynch whoever they choose.

BuildTheWalia    250

I refuse to believe ZP was just a town NK from scum, it doesn't make any sense (as already noted by Brandis, scum would want to keep ZP alive for an easy mislynch later). While the bodyguard theory is possible, his play d1 doesn't match up to it imo.

BuildTheWalia    250
16 hours ago, JerichoTheUnwise said:

There might be better lynches (like Sage, or me depending on how the rest of you see it tbh) but I think Malcolm's one of the safer bets at the same time.

Why do you think Sage is a good choice?

BuildTheWalia    250

Also side note: Why is Faint repping game-related posts like Tyranno's?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BuildTheWalia said:

Also side note: Why is Faint repping game-related posts like Tyranno's?

He's listed as a signed up sub and is not in the Mafia Spec Chat so it shouldn't be an issue. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BuildTheWalia said:

Why do you think Sage is a good choice?

I'll go more in-depth later, but day one scumminess tbf.

Also I refuse to allow 'Malcolm is normally inactive' to be an acceptable defence in this scenario. If you aren't gonna play the game, you might as well GTFO. Just taking spots from someone who might actually play the game, contribute and actually BE ACTIVE.

Idk how y'all play around here and what you are used to after all, but lynching someone for inactivity is pretty much a good thing long term in most places, even if it's just out of principle. This is a game that revolves around discussion, so not having people discuss anything because they're always inactive just makes things shittier for everyone.

Just quickly want to top off, I'm not saying lynch Malcolm purely because he's inactive, mostly I'm saying that we've yet to find someone better to lynch so we might as well start by digging in at the guy doing fuck all

hazmah    22

Been busy lads, and the post i had written up wasnt saved feelsbadman. I'll start talking in a bit

where everyone been at anyway tho

hazmah    22

My apologies lads had (and still have) a busy weekend. I’ll post for quota here and vote for whomever has the highest vote rn and they sn do whatever.

Jazz    5328

very interesting

Jazz    5328

@ BB when I get my lynch ability or whatever

kill hazmah

that's a quota floating zp killing scummerino

thx

• Downvote 1

+Malcolm    4606
On 6/23/2018 at 5:27 AM, Brandis72 said:

1) Why the hell did ZP die??? This seems like an extremely strange lynch from scum (or maybe there<s no NK and it was a power - either way, this is still suspicious).

ZP was a character of dubious motives and one scum could have tried to cast shadow on later in the game, so killing him now is just downright strange.

If Jazz is not scum, it<d only make sense for scum to go after him as he was the most charismatic town figure of the day.

2) What happened to you, Tyranno (if anything)... Or is this information you're not allowed to disclose/claim related?

im strongly assuming there is a doc and a vig killed zp since it seems to me like someone reaaaaaally wanted zp dead!

Something came up and I’m not currently able to start day right now. Day will begin at 11 am. I apologize for the inconvenience. As an apology I’ll let y’all actually lynch instead of using another mechanic

• Thanks 3

Jericho died last night. A bomb was recovered off of his body. You are in MYLO. 

Good luck! Day has started and will end in 48 hours

BuildTheWalia    250
On 6/23/2018 at 3:10 AM, JerichoTheUnwise said:

That being said, I believe we should lynch Malcolm today. The dude barely said a word yesterday, and so far he's made two posts which both mean nothing. At least Tyranno and Jazz contributed to discussions yesterday to excuse a first post, expected vote for themselves, but Malcolm didn't contribute ANYTHING AT ALL and suddenly wants to be the one to lynch someone? Suspicious AF.

On 6/23/2018 at 4:39 AM, JerichoTheUnwise said:

I leaned into this kind of thinking too, but more in the terms of 'what if scum is inactive'. In a blind game it's kind of a bad choice to instantly assume the kill was scum, since it could be that they have converters or the likes.

On 6/23/2018 at 4:42 AM, JerichoTheUnwise said:

Also more on my reasoning for lynching Malcolm, he literally posted nothing of use on Day One, still hasn't given a reason for this lack of activity, and the first thing he said today was what I assume was a joke post about Tyranno, before then voting for himself with no further reasoning. Which like I said, is also exactly what Tyranno and Jazz did, but I'm kind of excusing it more from them because they actually posted shit yesterday, so I can understand them two not starting off the day by instantly reading into things like I am.

On 6/23/2018 at 8:36 PM, JerichoTheUnwise said:

Normally I would agree, but I'm not just voting based on Malcolm's activity. I'm also voting on the fact he just blatantly voted for himself to have the lynch. There might be better lynches (like Sage, or me depending on how the rest of you see it tbh) but I think Malcolm's one of the safer bets at the same time. Even if he has an important role like Cop, claiming is off so he has to actually be fuckin active to utilise that role properly in this format. The only way I see it being a bad lynch is if he's doc or jester, both of which seem real unlikely to me tbh.

These kinda games rely on the people playing them to be active, otherwise you get fuck all to go on. If someone isn't gonna be active and just floats to meet quota, you honestly might as well lynch them because at least you'll get reads based on how other people reacted to it.

Jericho is now dead.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:10 PM, Malcolm said:

nice one jazz
!

We are now in MYLO.

die scum die

vote Malcolm

Jazz    5328

Shit I guess hazmah was town. My bad guys I was trying to HERO it and hit the deep lurking scum

Jazz    5328

I actually think malcolm is likely town based on his meta. He typically puts in lots of effort as scum and has this air of phoniness about him. I didn't get that vibe on day 1 and the fact that he didn't even try to convince me he was town when it was pretty inevitable that I'd get the ability lynch is pretty out of character for scum!malcolm