Broken Brilliance

Broken's Broken Game

Day has started everyone! Except for you ZeroPassion. While you slumber eternally, you got fucked. 

Wassup peeps. Oh hey! A new surprise. You guys are now gonna vote one who egts to decide the lynch today! Goodluck have fun

• Sad 1

Jazz    5113

ugh this game sucks

i just want to vote for scum like a normal person

• Upvote 3

Jazz    5113

vote jazz

Jazz    5113

next game we should play matrix 6 or literal all vanillas

• Upvote 4

I got to go to bed now. Be back in a few hrs. 

Vote: Jazz
Kind of a gesture of good will, Jazz probably was looking too far into things but I lowkey tunneled them a bit too far.

That being said, I believe we should lynch Malcolm today. The dude barely said a word yesterday, and so far he's made two posts which both mean nothing. At least Tyranno and Jazz contributed to discussions yesterday to excuse a first post, expected vote for themselves, but Malcolm didn't contribute ANYTHING AT ALL and suddenly wants to be the one to lynch someone? Suspicious AF.

31 minutes ago, JerichoTheUnwise said:

Vote: Jazz
Kind of a gesture of good will, Jazz probably was looking too far into things but I lowkey tunneled them a bit too far.

That being said, I believe we should lynch Malcolm today. The dude barely said a word yesterday, and so far he's made two posts which both mean nothing. At least Tyranno and Jazz contributed to discussions yesterday to excuse a first post, expected vote for themselves, but Malcolm didn't contribute ANYTHING AT ALL and suddenly wants to be the one to lynch someone? Suspicious AF.

I think this post is coming from perfect info. Why am I suddenly in the clear? Why is the low activity=scum(Malcolm) suddenly the optimal lynch?(Because the logic for this mislynch seemed safe.) Why the complete reversal on Jazz? Because of Jericho already knows Jazz is town and is realizing he's too strong a town to get mislynched/hoping to pocket. @Jazz Kill this^ Unvote. Vote Jazz

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

I have a cute theory that can't be confirmed until the game is over. What if ZP was scum dying during the night? What if idk scum just doesn't get a kill n1 or we have a healer, what if ZP submitted the kill and his target killed him, or the thing crossing my mind of Hazmah or Jazz being the Vig. Like I simply don't want to believe the slot was town. 

33 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

I have a cute theory that can't be confirmed until the game is over. What if ZP was scum dying during the night? What if idk scum just doesn't get a kill n1 or we have a healer, what if ZP submitted the kill and his target killed him, or the thing crossing my mind of Hazmah or Jazz being the Vig. Like I simply don't want to believe the slot was town. 

I leaned into this kind of thinking too, but more in the terms of 'what if scum is inactive'. In a blind game it's kind of a bad choice to instantly assume the kill was scum, since it could be that they have converters or the likes. 

I also never said you were 'in the clear' Tyranno, that's extremely dumb of you to assume. I pushed more on Malcolm for his inactivity. I said you were contributing, not that I thought you were in the clear. Seems like you are just trying to twist my words there. HoS

As for the reversal on Jazz, that's just me owning up to my mistakes, I've not played Mafia in a while. I'm not dumb enough to suddenly do a random 180 on a player overnight, I just re-read the thread and realised I might be looking too far into things. I might change my vote later on, but voting for Jazz to get the lynch seemed more useful than just doing what you three did and voting for myself, because honestly that's a dumb choice in this kind of scenario. It doesn't get reads on anyone and it's just gonna end up being everyone voting for themselves as their first post of the day.

• Upvote 1

Also more on my reasoning for lynching Malcolm, he literally posted nothing of use on Day One, still hasn't given a reason for this lack of activity, and the first thing he said today was what I assume was a joke post about Tyranno, before then voting for himself with no further reasoning. Which like I said, is also exactly what Tyranno and Jazz did, but I'm kind of excusing it more from them because they actually posted shit yesterday, so I can understand them two not starting off the day by instantly reading into things like I am.

Brandis72    25

1) Why the hell did ZP die??? This seems like an extremely strange lynch from scum (or maybe there<s no NK and it was a power - either way, this is still suspicious).

ZP was a character of dubious motives and one scum could have tried to cast shadow on later in the game, so killing him now is just downright strange.

If Jazz is not scum, it<d only make sense for scum to go after him as he was the most charismatic town figure of the day.

2) What happened to you, Tyranno (if anything)... Or is this information you're not allowed to disclose/claim related?

• Upvote 1

Brandis72    25

NK from scum*

Brandis72    25

@TheGoldenTyranno In all due honesty, vigging passion seems like a waste at this stage - he doesn't scream danger, as scummy as he may seem on paper (could easily not even be scum); he should also be fairly easy to lynch anyways if the time comes.

Brandis72    25

However, ''spiked'' town that kills NKers is an interesting possibility.

Jazz    5113
5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

vote tyranno

gg

can you explain what you were thinking when you made this post?

• Upvote 1

wow posts are easy to accidentally delete if you press the wrong button apparently. Y'all have been *busy* in the 9 hours I've been gone :^)

@Brandis72 I only see two real possibilities with Zero. He was either killed by a non-scum killer, like a jailer/vig (jailer seems unlikely given we can't even soft claim) or a SK. Or he's a bodyguard and lucked out in protecting whoever scum attacked, which is a less likely scenario, but unless the scum are dumb idk why they would've killed Zero. It was a wild pick especially since quite a few players were suspicious of him for just apparently bandwagoning and not contributing much original thought.

Like you said, it could just be one converter scum, which I also see as unlikely tbh. 9 players so I'm guessing around three scum, so Zero either really WAS scum killed, which I believe would clear Jazz in that regard, or he was killed by a vigilante, in which case Zero could of possibly been scum and we wouldn't know until further into the game. We're completely blind but the vigil didn't end up dead, which I think leans towards more Zero could of been scum (wouldn't be surprised if he was a jester). My point of this is fuck you Broken.

All we have to go on is reading each other people, which is why I suddenly dropped my suspicion of Jazz. I think given the circumstances, Jazz is one of the few we could possibly rule out of being scum, but possibly being neutral or converted if it's that kind of game. My point is this:

If Jazz was scum, they wouldn't want Zero dead because a mislynch against Zero would be pretty easy to accomplish Day Two if you killed someone like Walia or Malcolm, who the townies wouldn't be able to gain any information from.
If Zero was scum and Jazz was the Vigil (as Tyranno said could be a possibility) then the fact that Jazz isn't dead means Zero could of been scum and Jazz was right.
The third scenario is that both were town and Jazz wasn't involved in the kill, but I don't see a scenario where Jazz is scum and would want Zero of all people dead.

It's not flawless logic, it's not taking into account the aforementioned possibility that Zero is a bodyguard and Jazz could still be scum, or that someone else is a vigil and a doc proctected from the scum kill. But given how Jazz was playing Day One I do think they are the most likely town rn, hence why I'm cool giving them my vote.

Sorry for the long, mind fuck of a disorganised mess paragraph. I just got home and I'm tired af. Hopefully more people post soon so I got shit to go on

11 hours ago, JerichoTheUnwise said:

I also never said you were 'in the clear' Tyranno, that's extremely dumb of you to assume. I pushed more on Malcolm for his inactivity. I said you were contributing, not that I thought you were in the clear. Seems like you are just trying to twist my words there. HoS

As for the reversal on Jazz, that's just me owning up to my mistakes, I've not played Mafia in a while. I'm not dumb enough to suddenly do a random 180 on a player overnight, I just re-read the thread and realised I might be looking too far into things. I might change my vote later on, but voting for Jazz to get the lynch seemed more useful than just doing what you three did and voting for myself, because honestly that's a dumb choice in this kind of scenario. It doesn't get reads on anyone and it's just gonna end up being everyone voting for themselves as their first post of the day.

Noted. I hate the idea of just lynching for inactivity first. I certainly hope too that Malcolm brings something to the plate although tbh Malcolm is notorious for his lack of activity. And Noted   

• Upvote 1

SageRhapsody    271

hey sorry i've been mostly awol i'm cramming for my physics final. i'm gonna give this all a good solid read and try my best as usual when i have a bit of time tonight!

4 hours ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Noted. I hate the idea of just lynching for inactivity first. I certainly hope too that Malcolm brings something to the plate although tbh Malcolm is notorious for his lack of activity. And Noted   

Normally I would agree, but I'm not just voting based on Malcolm's activity. I'm also voting on the fact he just blatantly voted for himself to have the lynch. There might be better lynches (like Sage, or me depending on how the rest of you see it tbh) but I think Malcolm's one of the safer bets at the same time. Even if he has an important role like Cop, claiming is off so he has to actually be fuckin active to utilise that role properly in this format. The only way I see it being a bad lynch is if he's doc or jester, both of which seem real unlikely to me tbh.

These kinda games rely on the people playing them to be active, otherwise you get fuck all to go on. If someone isn't gonna be active and just floats to meet quota, you honestly might as well lynch them because at least you'll get reads based on how other people reacted to it.