Jazz

Vanilla Mafia - Day 2

NotAWolf    4

I'll be around before deadline for a few hours to catch up and dump some thoughts.  Been a kind of hellish couple days, but life happens I guess.

Out of curiosity is like... it common here to just...not claim if you're about to be lynched and are a PR? That was one of the most baffling things I've ever seen in a game. At least force them to kill you at night instead of being able to hunt for the other PRs, christ.  Betting one wolf on Tyranto wagon and one elsewhere, but obviously not an ironclad thing.  Just no way in hell he died with all villagers on him given he's one of the only competent players that was existing on D1.

Would like to see people going back over the votes and reasoning given for voting him and do some analysis themselves if it hasn't been done yet.

(Semi-unrelated, but kind of amusing, I was going to be tunneling Soph today because I thought he looked terrible yesterday, a ton of 'overly helpful townie' archetype posts with minimal content, so, rip my D1 scumdar I guess)

+Mascis    4558

like you said, he knew that he couldn’t claim what he was becuse maf would just kill him if he did. 

But he a dumbass nerd and just melted down. If he would have kept cool instead of tagging literally everyone in the thread multiple times I probably wouldn’t have kept my vote on him 

+Mascis    4558

I’m voting for wunter because he a bad day 1 as well and at the end of the day tried to fuck up the vote to make sure he didn’t die or it was a tie or some shit. 

If wunter isn’t scum 

team is is somewhere in rei, brandis72, and notwolf

Wunterslaus    225
59 minutes ago, Mascis said:

I’m voting for wunter because he a bad day 1 as well and at the end of the day tried to fuck up the vote to make sure he didn’t die or it was a tie or some shit. 

If wunter isn’t scum 

I just tried to survive, what's wrong about that.

Why isn't malcolm or faint scum?

Wunterslaus    225

At least I'm trying to keep the game rolling here

Wunterslaus    225

Vote Notawolf

don't act like you didn't see my question

Malcolm's Multi    1793
10 hours ago, Wunterslaus said:

I told you. I'd rather have notawolf get lynched than tyranno so I offered tyranno to both vote for notawolf which would end up in a tie in which tyranno could have survived.

I know I would be in a tie if tyranno switched to me last second, but I thought tyranno was town

I think this is genuine. I also think mascis’ push on wunter is completely townie

i really dislike faint for coming into the day saying “omg tyranno was soooooo obviously town”. Lots to say but not offering much content. 

Maybe its the whole rei is gonna die eventually so I’ll bus him strat? That assumes the scum team is rei and faint though.

Doc died so why didn’t myself or rei die. Well, I have not been as active and rei looks like an awwwwwfully easy mislynch. A new player on scum team might fit the nk on soph decision here

My vote stays on the easy scum from day one

vote notawolf

• Thanks 1

Malcolm's Multi    1793
4 hours ago, NotAWolf said:

I'll be around before deadline for a few hours to catch up and dump some thoughts.  Been a kind of hellish couple days, but life happens I guess.

Out of curiosity is like... it common here to just...not claim if you're about to be lynched and are a PR? That was one of the most baffling things I've ever seen in a game. At least force them to kill you at night instead of being able to hunt for the other PRs, christ.  Betting one wolf on Tyranto wagon and one elsewhere, but obviously not an ironclad thing.  Just no way in hell he died with all villagers on him given he's one of the only competent players that was existing on D1.

Would like to see people going back over the votes and reasoning given for voting him and do some analysis themselves if it hasn't been done yet.

(Semi-unrelated, but kind of amusing, I was going to be tunneling Soph today because I thought he looked terrible yesterday, a ton of 'overly helpful townie' archetype posts with minimal content, so, rip my D1 scumdar I guess)

Haha yeah totally was gonna pressure the nk target today because I was absolutely not the one who slayed him last night!

+rei+    34681

Wunter at present I suspect you but I don't think you'd make the play of admitting it looked perfect-info with it actually being perfect-info; I think you're someone to circle back on later if we have to. 

NotAWolf can you give some examples of what you mean with minimal content posting? 

NotAWolf    4

Around until EoD.  West coast is not forgiving with phase lengths, but can work from home later tonight.

Final Vote Count:

Tyranno - (4) Soph, Mascis, rei, Wunter

Wunter - (3) notawolf, Tyranno, Faint

notawolf - (1) Malcolm

Not Voting: Brandis

Was the EoD1 VC.

Soph is a villager, and I'm kind of coming around on Wunter being a villager. He's making at least some attempt to keep the game moving, when it's pretty easy to just be content with gamestate as wolf and let the mislynch happen because of general intertia.

I've kind of liked a couple posts rei has made, but don't remember them off top of head.  I'd be very surprised if at least 1 of [Mascis/rei/Wunter] is not a wolf though, and I think Mascis is probably the most likely one there.

I think Brandis is a villager from early D1 stuff.

NotAWolf

Tyranto

Soph

Brandis

Wunter

rei

Malcom

Faint

Mascis

This is roughly where I'm at reads-wise, so

Vote: Mascis

Doubling back to answer questions/quote some stuff now, just wanted to drop a general state of union thing to process where my thoughts are at.

NotAWolf    4
3 hours ago, rei said:

NotAWolf can you give some examples of what you mean with minimal content posting? 

With regards to Soph I assume? Ye, sure.

On 7/3/2018 at 0:50 PM, Sophocles said:

I'd play mafia but no one is here :^)

I didn't like this, since it felt like he was trying to be seen posting, but didn't actually do anything to get the game moving.  Didn't like the next post because 'Take a breather buddy' felt over-defensive, like, I struggled to see a villager mindset in wanting someone to... not try and get the game started and look for wolves.  And christ this software is miserable to try and multi-quote on, can't get my cursor down below.

On 7/3/2018 at 1:20 PM, Sophocles said:

Cause it's fun to shoot shit with ppl you play mafia with and there were were like 3 posts to go on

take a breather buddy

NotAWolf    4
On 7/3/2018 at 1:42 PM, Sophocles said:

Why do you say 'they're'? Are you not part of a collective 'we'?

Didn't like this, felt overly nit-picky, a really easy kind of 'gotcha' thing.

And this is a waste of time, he's dead, he's town, but regardless of the convenience factor he was my strongest scum read going into d2. RIP etc.

NotAWolf    4
7 hours ago, Mascis said:

If wunter isn’t scum 

Man, looking at this post though, I almost have trouble seeing it coming from a wolf because it's so low effort.  The reasoning behind voting for Wunter is basically 'He voted so someone else would die over him' which.... that's not at all alignment indicative. Does a wolf like, make that the backbone of a lynch they're trying to push? Eh.  Maybe?

Low effort mostly sums up the game as a whole though, makes it pretty easy for wolves to blend in.

NotAWolf    4
6 hours ago, Wunterslaus said:

Vote Notawolf

don't act like you didn't see my question

My vote stayed on you because I wasn't in the thread.  The original post said day ended on Thursday, and I thought we had 24 more hours.  I'd still have voted you over Tyranno probably since he seemed solidly town to me.

Entire reason I voted you was that someone else voted you, and I wanted to generate reactions from both you, and others, but then like... no one responded, and it was useless.

• Thanks 1

NotAWolf    4

Malcom's probably toughest player in game for me to get a bead on because they're either terrible, lazy, or a wolf, and I can frankly see any of those options.

I also tend to struggle getting accurate reads on people that push me, because I usually tend to think wolves wouldn't have the balls to push me, knowing I'm a strong player and difficult mislynch, but I obviously haven't posted much here, and it's first game on site, so that's irrelevant.

Like. 

My problem with the push on me in general is that so much of it is based on something that is a playstyle decision over something that is alignment indicative.  You can think it's 'bad' to try and generate reactions and make something happen, but almost no one has posted anything this game, it was dead, and I wanted to try and get some easy reads on people.

Doing something you consider 'bad' play doesn't make that person a wolf, and just voting them and then doing no followup, and making no attempt to actually figure out my alignment is either a wolf just hoping the mislynch takes, or bad play on its own.

NotAWolf    4
On 7/4/2018 at 0:00 AM, Malcolm said:

hi im helping!

i doubt soph and brandis are linked in any way

brandis' fishing post seems genuinely ignorant so i have a cute town lean on the boy

I kind of liked him seeing what I saw wrt Soph here, though - the Overly Helpful Townie archetype of wolf, that can state the obvious to post while avoiding posting anything game-relevant.

Hum.

Mascis/Faint team?

NotAWolf    4
15 hours ago, Wunterslaus said:

tbh this reeaaally sounds like I had perfect info lol

God.

it's just so self-aware.  I think it probbbbbably comes from a villager, but it's not impossible he's a super self-aware wolf. Just a weird post to make in general.

NotAWolf    4
17 hours ago, Faint said:

unvote

vote brandis

only scum ask for subs

Like Faint makes a series of posts right before this that are all perfectly reasonable, identifies some people as possible wolves, and then just...votes for Brandis because he can't keep up with the game instead.

??????

NotAWolf    4
On 7/5/2018 at 5:13 AM, Faint said:

actually fuck its d2 therefore majority counts

unvote

1. Malcolm

2. Brandis72

3. Tyranno

4. Sophocles

5. Wunter

6. Faint

7. Mascis

8. rei

9. NotAWolf

2 scum 5 town, so 1 more mislynch for lylo

tyranno and soph were honestly the only 2 i was certain town on yesterday and now they're dead

mascis has posted nothing but shitty fluff & memes. wunter is shitty fluff. rei was wrong and obviously wrong yet kept his vote citing bad reasons ("meltdown" - it was obvious tyranno was a PR or he wouldnt have been desperate to avoid the lynch). notawolf / malcolm / brandis i dont remember all too much from (though notawolf voting away from tyranno is something)

im gonna do a full read after work and look specifically at sophs interactions

Like, all of these reasons for how people can be wolves and he's gonna look at interactions and then just.

Parks vote on something that's obviously not going to happen.

There's no followup to any of it.

Unvote

Vote: Faint

Die, wolf, etc.

Partner is almost definitely someone he's calling wolfy but not pushing/doing anything about. Mascis? rei?

• Downvote 1

NotAWolf    4

Where are people anyways, isn't EoD pretty soon? Do you guys just.

Not care about games you sign up for or something?

@Brandis72  @rei @Wunterslaus @Mascis etc

Pretty sure Faint is a hit.  Can rake me over coals tomorrow if I'm wrong, let's CFD this.

NotAWolf    4

Like, Faint spam posted some stuff at start of day, doesn't follow up on any of it, doubtcasts almost the entire game, and then votes for someone he wasn't even calling scummy because of nonsensical reasons, then abandons thread once a mislynch is secured.

He's a wolf. It's all hot air, and there's no active attempt to figure out who the wolves are, just to seem townie enough to dodge the lynch, and then vote off the wagon so he's not held accountable.

NotAWolf    4

I guess I'm about to be lynched, which is kind of comical.  Lesson learned, don't join random games in discord assuming players are going to be at all competent or attempt to play a game they sign up for.

RIP.

Kill Faint, and possibly Mascis or rei.

Good luck.

Wunterslaus    225

unvote Notawolf

I'm so fucking tired, am heading to bed any minute. Thanks for the postwall amavillager. Too tired to react to it all but will tomorrow. I think eod is up soon yea

16 minutes ago, NotAWolf said:

Like, Faint spam posted some stuff at start of day, doesn't follow up on any of it, doubtcasts almost the entire game, and then votes for someone he wasn't even calling scummy because of nonsensical reasons, then abandons thread once a mislynch is secured.

He's a wolf. It's all hot air, and there's no active attempt to figure out who the wolves are, just to seem townie enough to dodge the lynch, and then vote off the wagon so he's not held accountable.

vote Faint

Jazz    5331
1 hour ago, NotAWolf said:

I guess I'm about to be lynched, which is kind of comical.  Lesson learned, don't join random games in discord assuming players are going to be at all competent or attempt to play a game they sign up for.

RIP.

Kill Faint, and possibly Mascis or rei.

Good luck.

Final post of the day. 

1 hour ago, Wunterslaus said:

unvote Notawolf

I'm so fucking tired, am heading to bed any minute. Thanks for the postwall amavillager. Too tired to react to it all but will tomorrow. I think eod is up soon yea

vote Faint

This post was after the 7pm EST deadline and does not count.