Aaron

Which videogame do I play next?

+Malcolm    4603
4 hours ago, Aaron said:

For anyone thats played dead space, does knowing that a certain someone is dead spoil the game at all?

Honestly i need to just stop going on fucking reddit for gaming suggestions.

absolutely has no affect on the story. dead space is fucking great

+Paraliel+    8030

Dead Space is a good game, the only thing I can't handle is the over the shoulder camera view that era of games tend to have (the Batman series is the same way for me). Solid game though.

+rei+    34637

What should I play next (i've played none of them)

FF12, Persona 3FES, Persona 5

Aaron    2023
33 minutes ago, rei said:

What should I play next (i've played none of them)

FF12, Persona 3FES, Persona 5

I've played PES3 and its a bit too emo. 

Would go for Persona 5 (I haven't played but its meant to be basically the best persona game ever).

PES3 is VERY outdated, VERY repetitive and VERY grind heavy. If you don't mind all 3 of those, then go for it as I heard its got the best story [and I really did enjoy the story much more than Persona 4] 

+rei+    34637

are the girls hot 

• Pride 1

+rei+    34637
21 hours ago, rei said:

are the girls hot 

yes but havent found many yet

this is the most weeb game ive played in a while and i didnt know people still made turn based games

i'm in love. im def playing p3 after just to get more of this series 

I do think its really imperfect from a video game standpoint - a lot of handholding and railroading early and 'but thou musts'; coupled with short but still present load times as you're railroaded; that said its finally just opened up for me (just under four hours in) and im just happy playing this like i haven't been in some time

people who say this game is better than nier automata are flat wrong, but i think this is more my gameplay experience despite its flaws

Skyrim (heck all the elder scrolls games) are much more focused on Lore, World Building and Exploration than combat, combat is basically an afterthought in skyrim sadly.

Tip: if you want to break the game in half completely, train sneak and get armor enchanted to raise sneak attack damage (dark brotherhood is good) 

• Upvote 1

+mmf    23488

i think that sneak attack shit was fixed in like one of the earliest patches. combat in skyrim was miles ahead of morrowind and oblivion and is one of the main draws of the title

+rei+    34637

yeah; though lets be clear playing on special edition being a sneakarcher is a lot of fun adn very powerful, but its not broken as all shit esp with really tanky enemies; you gotta hold your potions close

Aaron    2023

I've modded the fuck out of my Skyrim. 

It looks AMAZING. Combat actually feels really good apart from my follower being OP. I've downloaded 2 magic mods, 1 physical combat mod, etc and shits looking quite epic and punishing now, enemy AI is much better. 

This is all on a GTX 670 pushed to the max. 

https://imgur.com/eIwBZHk

https://imgur.com/aqmc2i0

https://imgur.com/4kVlsAF

they fixed nothing, Sneak in general was broke af, getting up to x8 with a bow or x32 with a dagger (and thats just with the right sneak perks and DB armor) is easy and enough to one shot pretty much everything except dragons and dragon priests.

+Paraliel+    8030

Sneak never got fixed

Skyrim is how you want to play it anyway and there's way easier ways to break it than Sneak

Like the Khajiit Caravan glitch

Aaron    2023
On 15/07/2018 at 10:21 PM, rei said:

yes but havent found many yet

this is the most weeb game ive played in a while and i didnt know people still made turn based games

i'm in love. im def playing p3 after just to get more of this series 

I do think its really imperfect from a video game standpoint - a lot of handholding and railroading early and 'but thou musts'; coupled with short but still present load times as you're railroaded; that said its finally just opened up for me (just under four hours in) and im just happy playing this like i haven't been in some time

people who say this game is better than nier automata are flat wrong, but i think this is more my gameplay experience despite its flaws

Dude Skyrim is AMAZING modded.

Literally the modding community is so strong for this game that it can be anything you want it to be. 

Its EASILY the most beautiful thing my measly GTX 670 can produce and better than anything I've seen on my PS4 graphics wise due to the amazing community. 

The combat overhauls I've used and animation changes make it a joy to play combat wise. The spells, effects, summons, dragons... simply beautiful. 

I've even installed some custom followers who are actually interesting and engaging! 

• Upvote 2

+rei+    34637

man i fucking love skyrim, i kinda keep quiet about it cos elderscrolls fans will always bust out obliv and morrowind and a million remakes, but skyrim is just such a satisfying game to sit down and play - even iwthout mods (my SE install has no mods for achievements, ive modded the fuck out of my original install i bought way back when) 

Aaron    2023
1 hour ago, rei said:

man i fucking love skyrim, i kinda keep quiet about it cos elderscrolls fans will always bust out obliv and morrowind and a million remakes, but skyrim is just such a satisfying game to sit down and play - even iwthout mods (my SE install has no mods for achievements, ive modded the fuck out of my original install i bought way back when) 

I installed basically that rei and its AMAZING.

Combined with 4 different combat overhaul mods to make the gameplay more methodical varied and a bit like dark souls but in third person... honestly its a dream. 

• Upvote 1

BuildTheWalia    247

91 active mods and counting, you can never have enough. If you need any recommendation lmk.

+Sophocles    3074

gimme a short list of non-visual mods to play on my next playthrough of skyrim - it's been a while since i did one

+Urthor    10210
3 hours ago, Sophocles said:

gimme a short list of non-visual mods to play on my next playthrough of skyrim - it's been a while since i did one

Enderal

That museum one that's #1 on nexus mods

That covers you for about 300 hours of playtime

+Urthor    10210

Also shoutout to Persona 5 on RPCS3 pushing my CPU to the limit for sweet sweet 25 frames per second Persona (it's a lot better if you have TSX)

• Upvote 1

BuildTheWalia    247
6 hours ago, Urthor said:

Enderal

That museum one that's #1 on nexus mods

That covers you for about 300 hours of playtime

Isn't Enderal a complete redo of the game itself?

+Urthor    10210

Yes and it's better than the base game in every way

+rei+    34637
On 2018-07-19 at 9:59 AM, Urthor said:

Also shoutout to Persona 5 on RPCS3 pushing my CPU to the limit for sweet sweet 25 frames per second Persona (it's a lot better if you have TSX)

actually using my ps4 for games has been weird