Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Post your videogame ratings

Aaron    2027

Post big list of games you've rated out of 10 and then update with posts/reviews of games you've recently played.

Discuss people's ratings etc. 

Bayonetta 6.5

BOTW 10.0

Fire Emblem Awakening 10.0

Fire Emblem Conquest 10.0

Fire Emblem Revelations 6.0

Fire Emblem Birthright 8.0

Fire Emblem Path or Radiance 8.5

Mario Galaxy 9.5

Mario Odyssey 10.0

Pokemon Blue 9.0

Pokemon Silver 9.5

The Last Story 6.5

Windwaker HD 10.0

XC2 8.5

Alan Wake 6.5
Assasin’s Creed 6.0

Crysis 7.0

Batman Arkham Asylum 9.0

Batman Arkham City 8.5

Bioshock 8.0

Bioshock 2 8.0

Bioshock Infinite 8.5

Bloodborne 10.0

Bravely Default 8.5

Brother a tale of two sons 8.0

Dark Souls 10.0

Dishonoured 8.5

Divinity Original Sin 8.5

Dragon Age Origins 9.5

Fallout 3 8.5

Fallout NV 7.5

FF7 8.0

FFX 8.5

Kingdom Hearts 10.0

Kingdom Hearts 2 10.0

Kingdom Hearts DDS 7.5

Kingdom Hearts BBS 7.5

Ni No Kuni 9.5

Persona 3 7.0

Persona 4 8.0

Portal 9.0

Spec Ops 5.0

South Park Stick of Truth 9.0

Suikoden I 7.0

Suikoden II 7.5

Witcher 1 6.5

Witcher 2 8.0

The Last of Us 9.0

Trails in the Sky FC 10.0

Trails in the Sky SC 10.0

Trails: Cold Steel 8.0

Trails: Cold Steel II 9.0

The Stanley Parable 7.0

The Walking Dead Season 1 6.0

To the Moon 6.0

Tomb Raider 9.0

Uncharted 5.5

Uncharted 2 8.0

Uncharted 3 7.0

XCOM 8.5

I know straight away some people will be perplexed by me rating FF7 lower than FFX. Its more to do with just how outdated 7 was and my inability to come to terms with it in regards to navigation. Also I actually felt more attached to the FFX cast and the ending. 

Fallout NV being lower than 3 is also very controversial... I just didn't get through NV and got bored of it after hitting Vegas and talking to the two different factions. I would like to replay it as I feel like I've missed something there. 

Kingdom Hearts 10.0 despite not being perfect by any means it outweighed by just how epic and impactful the story and memories its created is. 

+rei+    34654

someone other than me prefers 3 to NV? nice

I know everyone hypes FF6 but I kinda think you might prefer FF5 in some ways - especially the way more fun battles 

Aaron    2027
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, rei said:

someone other than me prefers 3 to NV? nice

I know everyone hypes FF6 but I kinda think you might prefer FF5 in some ways - especially the way more fun battles 

I tried to play the older final fantasy rei, but the encounter rate on the versions i played was ABSURD. 

I thought FO3 was a massively personal and rewarding journey. I didn't get that with NV. 

Edited by Aaron

+rei+    34654

So the thing with FF4-6 is they have really high encounter rates but because no load times and a decent run system is you can go Encounter -> Run -> Back to World Map in under 3 seconds. 

the problem comes in when you play any of hte sony ports where they suddenly have load times. 

But yeah I still have a lower opinion of 6 than i should having played it on the Vita - it's a lot less stressful now that i've playd a bit of it on the classic

This is also why FF9 is the least well remembered of the PS1 era - its encounter rate is too high combined with a lot of cinematic bullshit and load times in battle - the fact you can turn off encounters in the PC version blows my mind and has made me revisiting the game that got me into FF a lot more satisfying 

+rei+    34654

(other than that FF9 has by far aged the best of the three PS1 games graphically due to a more cartoony style, and the PC having higher res textures; it's not perfect but it's def pretty enough - the steam versions of FF7 and FF8 are patched rereleases of the PC versions that came out in the late 90s while FF9 was rebuild from the ground up for Mobile/PC) 

+rei+    34654

FF3 is a good on-the-go game too; i played and beat the entire game on my phone - fair warning though its far and away the hardest game in the series

might as well Rate the FF Series while i'm here

Final Fantasy: 6/10 (a good start but flawed and shows its age even with updated graphic ports)

Final Fantasy 2: 2/10 (Experimental, didnt work)

Final Fantasy 3: 5/10 (A step up, still not phenomenal)

Final Fantasy 4: 10/10 (and this is where we get amazing)

Final Fantasy 5: 8.5/10 (Keeping up with the good games)

Final Fantasy 6: 9.5/10 (personal bias, also starts off slow and fairly boring, picks up vastly in the WoR though)

Final Fantasy 7: 7/10 (good first 3D attempt)

Final Fantasy 8: 6/10 (Looks gorgeous, plays alright nothing spectacular)

Final Fantasy 9: 8/10 (Best of the PS1 lot, back to the roots did wonders for the series)

Final Fantasy 10: 7/10 (it gets nitpicked for tidus and some admittedly terrible cutscenes (read: some) but the rest of the game from visuals to soundtrack is epic)

Final Fantasy 11: 6/10 (Not a bad first shot at an MMO, and on PS2 no less)

Final Fantasy 12: 6/10 (Flawed Mechanics in some areas but otherwise good)

Final Fantasy 13: 5/10 (a little bland in design choice but the graphics are gorgeous and it plays fine)

Final Fantasy 14: 8/10 (only played a little bit of it on a friend's account due to being an avid player of Elder Scrolls Online and 1 MMO Being enough for now but it was phenomenal)

Final Fantasy 15: 7/10 (Looks gorgeous, again some flawed gameplay choices but solid nonetheless)

Note: Havent played X-2, Revenant Wings or the FF13 Sequels and was focusing purely on the numbered entries so no FFIV TaY (though it would get a 5/10 for nostalgia)

Faint    5854

Aaron honestly you should sit down and play Assassins Creed 2 & Brotherhood. They're soooooo much better than the first. 

Faint    5854

Also its nice to find someone other than me prefers Asylum to City. Mad props for that. 

Kingdom Hearts 1 was a masterpiece. 2 became too easy with the reaction command so I'd drop that to a 9.5 but still, incredible games.

+rei+    34654
6 hours ago, Stomach The MachoPony said:

might as well Rate the FF Series while i'm here

Final Fantasy: 6/10 (a good start but flawed and shows its age even with updated graphic ports)

Final Fantasy 2: 2/10 (Experimental, didnt work)

Final Fantasy 3: 5/10 (A step up, still not phenomenal)

Final Fantasy 4: 10/10 (and this is where we get amazing)

Final Fantasy 5: 8.5/10 (Keeping up with the good games)

Final Fantasy 6: 9.5/10 (personal bias, also starts off slow and fairly boring, picks up vastly in the WoR though)

Final Fantasy 7: 7/10 (good first 3D attempt)

Final Fantasy 8: 6/10 (Looks gorgeous, plays alright nothing spectacular)

Final Fantasy 9: 8/10 (Best of the PS1 lot, back to the roots did wonders for the series)

Final Fantasy 10: 7/10 (it gets nitpicked for tidus and some admittedly terrible cutscenes (read: some) but the rest of the game from visuals to soundtrack is epic)

Final Fantasy 11: 6/10 (Not a bad first shot at an MMO, and on PS2 no less)

Final Fantasy 12: 6/10 (Flawed Mechanics in some areas but otherwise good)

Final Fantasy 13: 5/10 (a little bland in design choice but the graphics are gorgeous and it plays fine)

Final Fantasy 14: 8/10 (only played a little bit of it on a friend's account due to being an avid player of Elder Scrolls Online and 1 MMO Being enough for now but it was phenomenal)

Final Fantasy 15: 7/10 (Looks gorgeous, again some flawed gameplay choices but solid nonetheless)

Note: Havent played X-2, Revenant Wings or the FF13 Sequels and was focusing purely on the numbered entries so no FFIV TaY (though it would get a 5/10 for nostalgia)

We are going to fight putting FF3's FUCK YOU I GOT AN AMAZING JOB SYSTEM in the same tier as I WALKED DOWN A HALLWAY FOR 40 HOURS AND ALL I GOT WAS TWO SHITTY SEQUELS FF13 

+rei+    34654

i mean giving FF4 a 10/10 is funny too considering its FF2 with actual decent gameplay but HEY GUESS WHAT WE GONNA PRETEND TO KILL OFF ALL UR CHARACTERS EVERY TWO HOURS gets so old so fast, but at least it's an actual good game and by far the best FF game to speedrun 

Faint    5854

I'll post a big list later on. I've never played a Final Fantasy game in my life soooo

+rei+    34654

... guess I should prob just put up or shut up - I don't do numerical rankings because complex opinions being condensed to digits is no bueno for me but lets rank the final fantasies... that aren't 11 and 14 i don't like MMOs I can't rate them fairly. 

Also realizing that no1 will both not be my favourite and the actual pick i'm making for no1 makes me feel... really, really dirty but I can't really justify any other title as the best

Lets also be clear that i enjoy every single one of these games except 2. 

ANYWAY 13 FINAL FANTASY GAMES RANKED AND JUSTIFIED

13: Final Fantasy II 

I have to give it credit for both basically launching the SaGa series and for trying a cool skill system the game is just fucking broken, the 'trap rooms' with 99% encounter rate and you somehow land in the middle is the stupidest shit on earth, and I still can't get past "Guy speaks beaver". FF2'  introduced named plot characters but really to me its main contribution is Ramuh's story in FFIX...

12: Final Fantasy XIII

It was really tempting to put this at 13 for the synergy of 13 - 13 but lets be clear - walking down a hallway for 20-40 hours, with no towns and interaction and the story being primarily delivered through FUCKING TEXT MANUALS IRRELEVANT TO THE ACTIONS OF YOUR HERO is god awful gameplay design. That said, it's a super fucking pretty game and I love the characters and I'll never say no to it, it's just a deeply flawed game

11: Final Fantasy XII

The only single player Final Fantasy I haven't played. It's here entirely because I couldn't find a spot for it. I will update this when I beat it. Or rerank whatever.

10: Final Fantasy

So here's the thing with FF1 - the NES version has the best plot twist of all its releases (what the Sky Castle is) but is also fundamentally broken in a bunch of ways so you'd want to play a remake which gets rid of the amazing twist because remake staffs are fucking idiots.  It's a good RPG, iut's a bit sparing on plot because lol NES, its main limitation is being badly coded - what do you mean all these stat effects do nothing?! (then again FF6 had similar problems and is... lower on the list)

9: Final Fantasy XV

Wanted to put the joyous boyband adventure higher but the late game is just... so meh - after so much in terms of amazing exploration and landscapes the game just nopes you out at the eleventh hour and staples you to the railroad and forces you to suck it all up without seeing anything during the climax. What a bummer

8: Final Fantasy III

This would be higher if Final Fantasy V didn't exist. The job system is the single greatest aspect of classic FF, and is almost, but not quite an aspect that would make FFX-2 worth playing. 
FFIII is the hardest game in the series which would be props but a big part of it is just architectural with the SIX FUCKING ENDGAME BOSSES WITH NO SAVES SINCE THE START OF THE DUNGEON.  other than that it suffers due to NES-plot scarcity, only FF2 really overcame that but I mean FF2 had... well there's a reason i ranked it last. 

7: Final Fantasy VIII

Great plot, great music, great characters, really fun to break teh hell out of the game and ruin everything at level 10... but its also broken as hell, time compression is kind of contrived, Squall can be an unlikeable fuckstick even if he does have good character development, and its graphics have aged really badly next to 9 (Cartoony, aged beautifully) and 7 (also ugly but at least their faces look okay) 

6: Final Fantasy IV

Taking everything good about FF2 (and was released under that title first in the US woot) while adding actually good gameplay and introducing one of the greatest keys of the series, the ATB system. FF4's main problem is trying to pull the 'oh this person died but surprise they didnt' emotional punch way too many fucking times (what, Tellah, Cid, Palom, Porom, Rydia, and Yang - only one of which actually sticks, plus the Kain backstabaroony)- and the fact that the initial US release was so badly nerfed and so meh translated... though it makes up for that by being by far the best Final Fantasy speedrun - check out Brossentia's DieHard% speedrun at a GDQ in like 2013 it's still amazing and hilarious.

5: Final Fantasy X

To me, my top four can all be shuffled around and i'd still be happy with the results, X is the last game that doesn't make that cut - X has the second best battle system in the entire series, a beautiful plot, environment, and soundtrack, and pretty cool characters (fucking everyone loved Auron growing up and you cannot convince me otherwise) - what keeps it out of the top 5 is while FF has always been linear this is where it really shows its Crash Bandicoot the RPG syndrome of walk for 40 hours looking and beating up pretty things that would later make FF13 so awful.

4: Final Fantasy V

I'm sorry did you have a gripe against FFV? I can't hear you over my SWEET ASS MOTHERFUCKING JOB SYSTEM. 

Final Fantasy V has the best battles in the entire series. Your cunning and stratagy is never rewarded so thoroughly as FFV does, and there are many cool and creative ways to get what you need done... and if you dont think, you just fucking die. Plus it's funny as fuck, especially with the GBA and onward translation, and introducing dimensional hobo Gilgamesh to the series for great dialogue, fun battles, and even the funniest moment in Final Fantasy VIII. The only reason it loses to the rest of the top 3 is because not taking itself too seriously does kind of hurt compared to the gut punches the top three pull. 

3: Final Fantasy VI

... I really thought this would be number one but when i broke it down it couldn't cut past the other two.  Ultimately fucking around in Narsche is just so boring it brings the rest of the game down - and the rest of the game is the most diverse final fantasy cast, with a compelling plot, great player punches (even if Mateus did Kefka's blow shit up move ifrst no one liked FF2), music that literally pushed the SNES to its limits, no main character, a truly open second half where you could do as much or as little as you wanted, plus some damn fun battles and scenery. Except you Gau, fuck you Gau. Do not EVER play FF6 on a sony console. SNES encounter rates + PS1 load times is a fucking nightmare. GBA version is prob its best release

2: Final Fantasy IX

Fuck, that revealed number one, which means I'm sorry in advance and I hope I can justify it.

Final Fantasy IX has the best 'feels' in the entire series, it's a beautiful game that's aged really well due to cartoony graphics and matte painting backgrounds, it has a strong female character who does not want to fuck the protagonist, the protagonist is likeable, clever, flirty, and involved, the homages to blade runner are fun, quoting the phantom menace is... not, but whatever, and considering the game is a love letter to the previous 8 games it does SO much right and SO much perfectly and hnnng i fucking love FF9.

So why isn't it no1?

1: Side characters need to be fleshed out more / disk 3 needs more shit

I am looking RIGHT THE FUCK AT YOU AMARANT. And a little at you Freya but at least you had sort of an arc. You need more shit, lets lave it at that

2: SNES encounter rate, PS1 load times, super cinematic intros

Battles take for fucking ever in this game and you sometimes cant even remember waht the fuck you were doing - Kuja;s palace comes to mind here as its what pissed me off in my first run, but seriously wtf. I am so glad the PC/mobile version has basically cheats to turn off encounters hardwired right in.

1: I can't fucking believe I ranked Fnal Fantasy VII First.

Look, FFVII just does things right from every corner of the final fantasy universe without ever feeling like it's calling back to shit or homaging it - it has a deep introspective plot like 6 did but its long sections (midgar) instead of feeling like a chore are engaging, beautiful, and keep you connected - but behind that you still get the classic 4-6 FF gameplay you need but all gussied up for the new-at-the-time system - it's not that FF7 does everything right, but it captures every single component of what makes FF games good - good battles, interesting characters, cool environments, captivating tone, rewards for exploration, decent plot, and a diverse world - every other game has a glaring flaw with one of these components; and VII simply doesn't - or the flaw is minute enough for it to just not matter. 

You son of a bitch Sephiroth, I should have known you were frogs all along. 

Faint    5854

So I'm gonna rate then I might post some reviews later

Age of Mythology - 9/10
Assassins Creed  - 5/10
Assassins Creed 2 - 8.5/10
Assassins Creed 3 - 3/10
Assassins Creed 4, Black Flag - 7/10
Assassins Creed Brotherhood - 8.5/10
Assassins Creed Origins - 6/10
Assassins Creed Relevations - 4/10
Assassins Creed Syndicate - 5/10
Batman Arkham Asylum - 8/10
Batman Arkham City - 7.5/10
Batman Arkham Origins - 7/10
Call of Duty Black Ops - 6/10
Call of Duty Modern Warfare - 8/10
Canis Canem Edit - 8/10
Cell Damage Overdrive - 6/10
Crash Bash - 5.5/10

Crash Team Racing - 9/10

Digimon World - 9/10

Digimon World - Next Order - 8.5/10
Grand Theft Auto 4 - 9.5/10
Grand Theft Auto 5 - 9/10
Kingdom Hearts - 10/10
Kingdom Hearts 2 - 9.5/10
Kingdom Hearts BBS - 8/10
Kingdom Hearts DDD - 6.5/10
Lair - 2/10
Lord of the Rings the RoTK - 7.5/10 
Pokemon Blue - 9/10
Pokemon Crystal - 10/10
Pokemon Diamond - 8.5/10
Pokemon Silver - 9.5/10
Pokemon White - 6/10
Pokemon Zeta - 9/10
Spiderman PS1- 8/10
Spyro Year of the Dragon - 9.5/10
SSX Tricky - 6/10
Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS2 - 9/10
Star Wars Battlefront PS2 - 8/10
Star Wars Battlefront PS4 - 2/10
Star Wars Episode 3 - 8/10
Uncharted - 6/10
Uncharted 2 - 7.5/10

Uncharted 3 - 7/10

I might do more later if I can think of any more.