Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Video Game club

Aaron    2007

I'm thinking of starting this for movies too but wanted to put the feelers out. 

Who is game for starting a video-game club?  Say 1x game per month, a set of us all play and talk shit about. It can be a new game or old game you've already played [altho obviously we'd mind spoilers] and I think its be pretty awesome. 

I want to do this too for Films/Anime/TV eventually. I feel Films would be the simplest, anime wouldn't be too difficult because its very bingey, TV might be harder. However I think video-games are actually far more rewarding and personal compared to a 2 hour film. Like a 2hour film you just critique the shit out of it or like it/love it but a video game can give you so many epic memories and difficulties you've faced. I wish for example I'd played Divinity Original sin alongside someone else because theres literally 83748748748 different ways to go about the game. Similarly with BOTW, so many fucking secrets that I wish I'd shared personally w/people rather than youtube vids. 

Bazoo    5693

i can't promise I would completely finish every game but I like the motivational aspect. Also would we be conscious about availability? Basically very interested but wouldnt want to purchase new $60 games every month (maybe we could alternate every month, NES/SNES/PS1 game that can be easily emulated, then the next month newer gen, etc.)