Sign in to follow this  
Sophocles

Adult Movie Mafia Aftergame - Town wins

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sophocles said:

B1 should probably be Town Cop, Town JK or something.

With Jailor acting as roleblock as well at least that makes the setup somewhat deceptive. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood

Posted (edited)

I havent read the game, but just from the gist

It was not unlucky for scum to hit prs. You knew the setup and consequently had an advantage in that within 2 days you could clear pr with minimal dmg. If nothing else, it also wasted most of the day on that. 

Unfortunately, people turn their brains off and follow anyone when that happens letting Malcolm take advantage with a super strong platform. Malcolm could have literally rolled a dice there and named someone (including a pr) and town would have followed because of the chaos created by potentially outing two power roles with limited time left in day. That being said, Malcolm did exactly what he should have done there and was right. 

I am fairly confident that scum winning this setup requires scum to be really good at role reading and fake claiming. Even then, it would be very difficult for scum to win because scum needs to understand the state of the game well enough to know

1. Who was gonna get checked and consequently should claim (otherwise a non-mylo scenario = auto)

2. When that claim will make sense

I also think scum has to understand how nightkills play into their win con. Nightkills are to eliminate threats to scum. Power roles, specifically the cop, arent always the biggest threat to scum. I think not understanding that was key to scum's loss here. 

In this scenario, I might have been inclined to kill off rei. Not only is rei deadly as town, but you were killing off a PR who is effectively a cop (as if rei needed more help). Further, it creates an immense amount of paranoia as to Tyranno's cop claim because not many people will realize that and town likely wastes time talking about it (even tho tyranno will be unccd.)

If faint didn't die, even if Tyranno gets a maf check, it doesn't necessarily mean he can convince town that he is actually cop. Like faint vs tyranno, faint might be able to argue tyranno dead. Even if faint can't, you traded faint for both prs and rei. That is about as +EV as it gets. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 3

+Sophocles    3075

Tyranno actually fakeclaimed JK. (Hilariously enough not because of some strategic evaluation but out of brainfart.)

• Haha 1

Faint    5854
1 hour ago, Sophocles said:

Tyranno actually fakeclaimed JK. (Hilariously enough not because of some strategic evaluation but out of brainfart.)

i mean in hindsight i should probably have CC'd him with a cop claim to ensure we put him & rei under. i would've probs done that if we knew rei was tracker at that point, but we didn't have a clue. i mean wed lose 1 scummerino cos id be auto lynch the next day but that way wed kill ash, tyranno and probably malcolm as the resulting NK as well to put it wunter vs jazz, underballs, broken and antag (though im not sure we win that either given how jazz went after wunter very well d2)

ah well

Jazz    5327

If you guys are down for it next time mafia universe has some really simple set ups for small games that are very balanced

there's 10 player games with 1 unlimited vigilante and 2 goons

or

9 player games with 1 cop and 2 goons

there's no element of suspense with regard to the set up but it's incredibly balanced

Wunterslaus    225

Doubt it

• Pride 1

Faint    5854
49 minutes ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

As balanced as winter and wunter the new age mafia gods ?

Dw wunter he just mad cos he got mvp once but still ain't on our level

New age bitches 

• Pride 1

Aaron    2027

anything with abella danger is solid