rei

Life Will Change - Persona 5 Mafia Signups

+rei+    34669

Mafia is a Fun Game 2018. 

+rei+    34669

at 15 players current design goal is to make everyone have at least a kind of fun role with no shit fucking indias and no auto wins; i think its going well but i think a few more players would make it easier due to allowing more scum

• Pride 1
  • Thanks 1

+rei+    34669

also new p5 soundtrack song to set the mood every game day required listening obv

(... totally enforcable rule obv) 

2 minutes ago, rei said:

at 15 players current design goal is to make everyone have at least a kind of fun role with no shit fucking indias and no auto wins; i think its going well but i think a few more players would make it easier due to allowing more scum

If you need a number put me in, no promises on activity though as im not playing this at work

+rei+    34669

48 hour days im thinking for that reason, but 24 h nights they should be faster

as this game has a lot of info-seeking roles where do we stand on claiming vs no claiming

i think either way ill reveal alignment but not role when people die to help just chain-solving the game 

Jazz    5331

please fucking reveal alignment for the love of god

witch hunt fucked my father in the ass and now im afraid to do anal

• Upvote 2

+rei+    34669

oh alignment will def be revealed itsm ore everyone has a power role maybe keep what their power was in the dark when they die

• Thanks 1

»JC.    4973

I'll be the last ace in town's lost hand

• Upvote 4
  • Pride 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

+Gemstone Mine    2599
1 hour ago, Jazz said:

im pretty sure we are well over the old fag quota my friend

yeah, because ive ever been that concerned about quotas.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Jazz    5331

@rei you should give the mafia team something called an anti claim mechanic and allow players to claim

anti claim mechanics effectively de-incentivize town players from claiming and it requires the mod to do less work

It lets town players claim but only if they really really need to, and it comes at a cost, usually letting the mafia submit extra KP to kill one/multiple townies (I’ve seen variations of one submission per night, multiple submissions with one kill, up to three kills, but I think this depends on the game size/power density) who have claimed that night

usually this involves having the mafia players submit a post with a claim in it to the host to use in an anti claim kill. Notice this saves you the mod a ton of work of having to read the thread looking for claims yourself

There’s other ways to do it I think, you could get creative or join the mafia universe discord and ask for advice

Jazz    5331

The other implicit cost in anti claiming is that even softing your role/info can result in a kill with some mechanics 

for example say Malcolm softs that he is cop with a green scan on Crei

mafia can submit Malcolm’s cop soft at night to the host but the anti claim kill will only succeed if malcolm is actually a cop

this gets a bit subjective for the host but it’s typically deemed “fair” for mafia who need a robust anti claim for balance

Jazz    5331
4 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Just make it no claim and end softs with a modkill. 

Anti-claiming mechs require too much game balance adjustment.

They really don’t. You are just making the mafia the mods basically and scaring the shit out of town from claiming. I’ve seen it work quite well

Jazz    5331

It depends on balance but if rei was asking about whether to allow claiming straight up or not at all I figured there’s some wiggle room/potential to suggest this which is basically intermediate between full claim and no claim

confuse rei    5608
6 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Markus is banned?!?!?!?!?!? Thank god. 

you're next

+Sophocles    3079

I agree with Francis; no claim allows for wackier roles because there's always stuff that just auto confirms you as town when you claim it as your role (remember D&D mafia where the game was just auto'd based on people claiming roles that could be verified)

Faint    5859

16 is a very good turnout for recent mafia. if we can get to about 20-21 that'd be awesome. 

@SageRhapsody @ZeroPassion do you fancy a go?

»PSK    4447
33 minutes ago, The Antagonist said:

can we get dango back

same difference just adding his name to the playerlist without telling him 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

confuse rei    5608
On 7/26/2018 at 3:17 AM, rei said:

10: Confuse rei

capital R banned