rei

Persona 5 Mafia - Day 5(Town Wins): The Phantom Thieves Numbers Thin

Should we switch to 24h days  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we switch to 24h days

Brandis72    35

Holy crap... this is a lot to take in, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Jazz does admittedly have a certain dubiousness to him that would exemplify really good scum, but I totally lack the skill to be able to read him for certain; that aside, lots of people hate him out of principle so I'd take the current voting patterns with a grain of salt.

Mascis profoundly confuses me, but judging from what happened with him the last game I saw, I just don't think he's readable at all.

This whole ''trustlists are bad'' thing legitimately doesn't make sense to me; although you can make an argument that flooding the thread with shallow trustlists (although that applies to shallow anything) gives town appearance and has negative town EV... then again I just think I'll have to read all this a second time because I lack the IQ to process it all in one shot.

My attempts at reads will come this evening; IRL reasons prevent me from being active most of the day.

• Upvote 1

Brandis72    35

I'll also try to take a look at all these floaters; see if any distinguish themselves more from the rest, although I know silver isn't well liked right now, and its probably for good reason.

• Upvote 1

Solstice    388

Why the hell is LFN suddenly getting even more votes for best girl when he hasn't done anything useful all game?  IDGI.  Either way I'm off to work and may or may not be home before EOD so this might be the last post you see from me.  I don't really have time to say much substantial since I've got to run, but I agree with wunter that ZP feels off.  @hazmah you've played with the guy longer than we have, what's your opinion on him?  

• Upvote 2

Jazz    5323
15 minutes ago, Solstice said:

Why the hell is LFN suddenly getting even more votes for best girl when he hasn't done anything useful all game?  IDGI.  Either way I'm off to work and may or may not be home before EOD so this might be the last post you see from me.  I don't really have time to say much substantial since I've got to run, but I agree with wunter that ZP feels off.  @hazmah you've played with the guy longer than we have, what's your opinion on him?  

your vote is doing nothing where its currently placed

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323

Unofficial Vote Count: 

Wunter 3 - Francis, Malcolm, Mascis
Mascis 3 - Silver, Tyranno, Jazz

Jazz 2 - Hazmah, Sophocles
Sophocles 2 - Antag, Slick

Silver 1 - confuse rei

Faint 1 - PSK
LFN 1 - Solstice

Brandis 1 - Walia

NV 6 - Brandis, Faint, JC, LFN, Wunter, ZP

• Upvote 1

Wunterslaus    223
18 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Unofficial Vote Count: 

Wunter 3 - Francis, Malcolm, Mascis
Mascis 3 - Silver, Tyranno, Jazz

Jazz 2 - Hazmah, Sophocles
Sophocles 2 - Antag, Slick

Silver 1 - confuse rei

Faint 1 - PSK
LFN 1 - Solstice

Brandis 1 - Walia

NV 6 - Brandis, Faint, JC, LFN, Wunter, ZP

Is this accurate? Doesn't silver have more votes?

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323

I got a feeling that confuse rei is pushing an agenda with all those oddball town reads (in particular town reads of Malcolm and Mascis strike me as super weird). Mascis should be obvious from my POV, as I have explained. Malcolm on the other hand has been throwing lots of shade and hasn't done anything obviously townie.

I'm very wary to be potentially voting with crei this phase, even if I like the target of Silver. I'm worried I could be wrong on Silver and crei is diverting attention away from Mascis.

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323
2 minutes ago, Wunterslaus said:

Is this accurate? Doesn't silver have more votes?

nope

the only ones to ever vote silver we me+faint and we recently unvoted

now crei is trying to start the silver train again / asking mascis to join

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323

nope to the second question

yes the vote count is accurate, its based off my old one from last night

could be a small error but, yeah

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

confuse rei    5608

Ι am diverting away from Mascis by being the only one in this thread who has defended him and called him out to vote for his prime scum read that you think he is bussing from safety

...?

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323
2 minutes ago, confuse rei said:

Ι am diverting away from Mascis by being the only one in this thread who has defended him and called him out to vote for his prime scum read that you think he is bussing from safety

...?

Well the mascis lynch, not attention from mascis.

For example one way to dissolve the mascis lynch could be to get me to unvite him and switch back to silver

Giving him the opportunity to vote for silver again, which he already had and declined, seems weird

Also crei, it was unclear to me why you thought silver was scum in the first place. What was your reasoning exactly?

• Upvote 1

Wunterslaus    223

Vote Sophocles

Vote best girl Faint

Good votes

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323
4 minutes ago, Wunterslaus said:

@Mascis @Malcolm @Malcolm's Multi @Francis J Underwood

Get your votes of me. I think I've proven I'm not lynchworthy today

Are you kidding? You haven’t even pushed a scum read today. Your play is indefensible and you can’t expect people to unvote you because you asked

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323

Ninja’d I guess

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323

It’s possible I should just take what crei says at face value but damn that guy is manipulative and really fucking good at mafia god damn

• Upvote 1

Wunterslaus    223

I already made that post but apparently didn't submit it

• Upvote 1

confuse rei    5608

non commital and super floaty while being in the thread and taking the opportunity to talk

also lots of people have semi strong opinions on him, which means his flip will instantly spark discussion day 2. If you kill e.g. sophocles im sure we'll go to 'welp, only thing he did was post counts!' and waste half a day, but with silver we actually get to go back and look at interactions and try to determine who posts from perfect info

• Upvote 2

confuse rei    5608

Also killing silver gives huge info on mascis which is why i pressured him to commit

if he insta wagoned me id dismiss mascis as confirmed town but he didnt

• Upvote 1

confuse rei    5608

if you check the timestamps i replied to him instantly for that sole reason

• Upvote 1

LFN    3239
15 hours ago, Mascis said:

i post with  confidence, which is a detriment when playing a game like this. it gives people the impression that i have more information then im letting on. in reality, my confidence level that silvedude is scum is very high. that being said, i still could be wrong at the end of the day. my reasoning as to why i believe that silver is scum is the same reasoning that i have explained time and time again, "i read his post, i think they are scummy." there is no mechanical conclusion that i could draw on. there is only just the voting of the player and the words they have said. in context of the other players, my personal belief is that silverdude is the most likely candidate for scum. you can either agree with this or not

the reason im comfortable with not voting him at this point is partially due to the small percentage of doubt. going all in and risking a vote on a read that could be wrong in the end is not something im not willing to do right now. in time, i think it will become obvious to the rest of the town that silverdude is scum, and votes will be cast accordingly. a better vote is wunter, as there is no good argument as to why killing off wunter is a bad thing for town.

if you think he's scum you kill him lmao

if you are right then you get to soak up town cred

if you are wrong... well, let's hope you are right lol

this is a power heavy game right, so like jazz had said before, just let someone shoot him out of the sky (or track / scan him), and go for an actual scummer (who could have a night power too !)

12 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

You have two chances to get my best girl vote 

Who are you voting to die? (answer this in vote form) 

Who do I believe is the true best girl? 

1. Vote Silver

Lynching Wunter on the basis of "we kill him because we can't read him and he doesn't make an effort to let us read him", I do not agree with.

Also shooting down random people like Brandis doesn't give us much at all to work with next day due to little to no interactions.

2. Is this like a "who do I like as a 2D anime girl" thing or a "who among the players here do I think best deserves the Best Girl vote"?

If the former honestly i don't know, probably that girl in the screenshot you posted, the one that won the DG anime waifu poll. Unlikely to be someone basic like some character from love live or one of the other idol shows

If the latter, I don't feel you would give it to just anyone, it'd likely be whomever asked for it (indicating they are likely a female character), who you believe best exemplifies townie behavior. Or if you think nobody deserves it, you should vote for yourself too, or not at all.

alternatively if you are referring to "best girl" strictly in the context of the persona franchise, i know nothign about the games / series sorry

30 minutes ago, Solstice said:

Do i not make your heart go doki doki

• Upvote 2

+Silver    1008
8 minutes ago, confuse rei said:

Also killing silver gives huge info on mascis which is why i pressured him to commit

if he insta wagoned me id dismiss mascis as confirmed town but he didnt

huh

how

• Upvote 1

»JC.    4972

"Heroes always arrive late!" - Masahiro Sakurai

• Upvote 2

»JC.    4972

I would like to share with you all the following very important

Official

DGZ

ANNOUNCEMENT:

i am

town

• Upvote 3

+Silver    1008
4 hours ago, confuse rei said:

lfn: malcolm said it and I agree but you say you dont buy it. Also lfn is very scared as scum by nature and I gather that he hasnt played in a while too, his posts as scum would reek of pee and i dont see him to be scared of posting

mascis: Somewhat but at the same time no. I dont expect Mascis from scum POV to make these posts and expect to outplay higher caliber players, because it would take incredible guts and exceptional reading of the player momentum coming into this thread, so i dont expect him to think of that AND to try it

If he does that on purpose it would mean that what i perceive as towniness in his posts is on purpose and I dont think he knows why his posts show towniness to me. If that happened by accident it will show.

walia: Im not saying he is above suspicion, im just saying thats enough for me to put him above the 'players i wouldnt mind getting lynched right now'. Call it a gut feeling if you will but gun to my head id call town easier than id call scum.

honestly this entire thing reaks of scum. the entire mascis explanation is just terrible. has no basis other than "mascis must suck, so therefore not scum"

• Upvote 1