Sign in to follow this  
NB96

Barclays Premier League 2018/19

Faint    5859

Bloody hell, De Gea is alright isn't he 

NB96    853

They are ridiculously lacking in firepower up front to compete in this league.

Edited by NB96

+Urthor    10227

The fact there isn't even a shitty "The Sun" link between United and a decent defender, even for summer transfer, makes you wonder if all of De Gea's efforts are even worth it.  Like hopefully he doesn't want to leave this summer, if he wants to leave on a free in 2020 good on him he deserves the massive wages a free transfer will get him.

Faint    5859

Yeah honestly De Gea is far too good for Utd. In the next 5 years I believe Utd will be back to competing at the top... but they will take a few years to get there. That's a few years that De Gea could be winning the CL with Barca/Madrid

Feel a bit sorry for Wagner, the guy was a really good manager - Huddersfield staying up was a miracle last year and they really don't have the squad to compete in the PL. Very good manager for achieving what he did. 

+Urthor    10227

Utd can't compete at the top until they get a 2nd world class midfielder, and maybe 2 fullbacks, and honestly there isn't any to be found in world football for love or money, even if United throw the piggy bank out there's nobody really available. 

Faint    5859
10 hours ago, Urthor said:

Utd can't compete at the top until they get a 2nd world class midfielder, and maybe 2 fullbacks, and honestly there isn't any to be found in world football for love or money, even if United throw the piggy bank out there's nobody really available. 

Exactly why De Gea should definitely leave after this season, or on a free afterwards. United just aren't going to be competing at the top level for the next 3-4 years, where De Gea undoubtedly should be. He certainly owes no loyalty to united - he's carried them for years and still come under ridiculous criticism whenever he puts a foot wrong (the world cup for instance)

NB96    853
13 hours ago, Urthor said:

We need a center half, I don't know how you can list three positions of improvement and not have CB as one of them.

Edited by NB96

NB96    853
2 hours ago, Faint said:

Exactly why De Gea should definitely leave after this season, or on a free afterwards. United just aren't going to be competing at the top level for the next 3-4 years, where De Gea undoubtedly should be. He certainly owes no loyalty to united - he's carried them for years and still come under ridiculous criticism whenever he puts a foot wrong (the world cup for instance)

What does de Gea's criticism for his internationl performances have to do with us. I agree that we must renew and give him £300,000 a week as he deserves it but Rel Madrid was his dream destination and they now have Courtouis. Yeah they have form for buying replacements quickly but thee reality is that Real Madrid are looking to replace Benzema, still haven't replaced Cristiano Ronaldo, Balde is doing shit these days, Isco is on the verge of leaving (with rumors swirling around Modric and Inter Milan too),  an ageing Sergio Ramos and Marcelo and injury prone Dani Carvajal. They aren't signing de Gea and other than PSG I don't know who else will. Literally the only other club would be Juventus but I don't know if Italy would even appeal to him.

Faint    5859
1 hour ago, NB96 said:

What does de Gea's criticism for his internationl performances have to do with us. I agree that we must renew and give him £300,000 a week as he deserves it but Rel Madrid was his dream destination and they now have Courtouis. Yeah they have form for buying replacements quickly but thee reality is that Real Madrid are looking to replace Benzema, still haven't replaced Cristiano Ronaldo, Balde is doing shit these days, Isco is on the verge of leaving (with rumors swirling around Modric and Inter Milan too),  an ageing Sergio Ramos and Marcelo and injury prone Dani Carvajal. They aren't signing de Gea and other than PSG I don't know who else will. Literally the only other club would be Juventus but I don't know if Italy would even appeal to him.

Image result for barcelona logo

Faint    5859
1 hour ago, NB96 said:

We need a center half, I don't know how you can list three positions of improvement and not have CB as one of them.

doesnt that tell you the extent of the problems at UTD? haha

NB96    853
3 hours ago, Faint said:

doesnt that tell you the extent of the problems at UTD? haha

As if I'm not aware of the problems at the club

Edited by NB96

NB96    853

And as far as I can tell Barca are very happy with Ter Stegen and nobody has linked him to them

Edited by NB96

+Urthor    10227
21 hours ago, NB96 said:

I don't think United need a Virgil Van Dyk at centre back.  They need someone, but frankly a 2017 Bailly would be good enough, but they need a Sergio Busquets in the midfield if they want to win the Champion's League, and fullbacks who bring a lot more.  

There's a big difference between what United needs tomorrow, and what United needs to be world class

There will be plenty of destinations other than Madrid in 18 months when De Gea can walk away on a free, he will have the world at his feet.

NB96    853

Dude we have conceeded 32 goals in 22 league games, we need a ducking world class center back it's priority number 1 above all else. And yes probably a DM too maybe Ruben Neves who I am a fan of.