vr gaming

Aaron    2027

does anyone here do any VR gaming... ?

I'm tempted to get into it.

any reccomendations/advice? 

+rei+    34655

Vive beats rift

wait for the next gen of tech

its limited but fun as balls anyway; kinda excited to watch people figure out how to really get fun / meaningful experiences out of this cos its just so different, right now cost of entry is a bit too high for a lot of effort to go into making it really kick ass but as new gens of GPUs (and now that PS4 has vr) become a thing, bam son 

Aaron    2027
22 hours ago, rei said:

Vive beats rift

wait for the next gen of tech

its limited but fun as balls anyway; kinda excited to watch people figure out how to really get fun / meaningful experiences out of this cos its just so different, right now cost of entry is a bit too high for a lot of effort to go into making it really kick ass but as new gens of GPUs (and now that PS4 has vr) become a thing, bam son 

How come vive beats rift? I've read the vive has better room scale and support for glasses but the rift is better otherwise? 

Yeah rei.. the only issue with waiting til gen 2/3 is that ... well thats probably 2-3 years away and in that time I might not even be playing games. 

+rei+    34655

because the room scale is what makes VR actually good - it's basically essential for what makes it an awesome experience

Rift is also absolute dogshit with vendors and developers while Vive has open standards and Valve behind it... 

+rei+    34655

if you think you're only gonna use it for a couple years its currently not worth the cost of entry 

Aaron    2027
Posted (edited)

ive heard vive customer support is attrocious tho, aka if/when something breaks, ur fucked. 

this is all from reddit/vr gaming 

its sad that the actual quality of VR games looks shitty. AAA just aren't bothering with it at all. 

Edited by Aaron

»JC.    4973

i have a rift without room scale and i haven't used it much so my opinion probably isnt fully informed

i think VRs biggest draw right now is community. games like vrchat are/were popular because it's interesting to interact with other people in vr.

i played orbusVR which is a pretty average MMO but having it in VR makes the experience cooler

There's this one wizard battling game that is pretty great but i always forget the name

ultimately i think rei is right and waiting for more titles or next gen is correct

Aaron    2027

i played VR for the first time today (I bought a PSVR) and its incredible. 

I just ordered a PS4 Pro too because 1080p looks awful on my 4k screen. 

• Pride 1