rei

persona 5 mafia aftergame

Jazz    5322
5 hours ago, Sophocles said:

if you're a power role it can be in your interest not to project *too* strong of a town game, though that can differ in no claim games

Disagree. This helps scum hunt power roles and confuses the rest of town about who else is town.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Faint said:

i knew i had a shit hot power so i intentionally hid in mediocrity for the first 2 days of this game (which tbf only psk thought was scummy) & it turned out to work, so i'm not sure this is always true :')

5 hours ago, Sophocles said:

if you're a power role it can be in your interest not to project *too* strong of a town game, though that can differ in no claim games

If you're a threat to scum, it doesn't benefit you to not play strong town. The community knows who is a threat and who isn't. Gaia, Malcolm, myself, rei etc . . . are hard to lynch, make good arguments, and can lead town. Strong players are on scum's kill list regardless of how they play, just like they are on doc's heal list regardless of their d1. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, confuse rei said:

Go back and reread if you think i didnt take position. The fact that you dont understand it doesnt make it a punt. I explained why mascis shouldnt be killed (and I was right), you deemed it as scummy. I voted soph (and I was right), and it was ignored and you deemed it as scummy to the point where my vote was pointless. I explained why silver gives info (and I was right), and you didnt understand it.

No, not every lynch gives info. What info did you get from my lynch? zero. You only get info after silver flips. The same info you would get if you flipped silver in the first place.

You've played like idk, 100 games here. Go back and try to find like 2 of them where you dont suspect me/malcolm/rei day 1. You wont. I never said I was fearkilled. Im saying i cant take these suspicions seriously because they are there every single game. You dont suspect e.g. zeropassion every single game, you dont suspect anyone else every single game so either:

a. rei/malcolm/confuse rei are the worst town players in dgz mafia

b. You are biased and want to be the hero who didnt get outplayed

I talked about it with slick privately, I cannot find any other explanation as to why this happens. Even if you happen to be right, its only a statistical thing and not a mafia thing, because im bound to be scum at some point.

And yes, in this game, that is exactly how it happened. the votes from slick you and jazz+ scum piled on  then players that are influenced followed up on the momentum. Obviously they would. That is how mafia has worked for like a decade. Had I been around there would be another side to the argument and I would have been aliive because towniness is an objective term and not something that can be measured. You cant see town in me because you are biased and not because of some golden town appearance rule that everyone but me followed.

Also you fail to recognize that I was posting without the need to show towniness because there wasnt a voice of concern towards me. Why the fuck would I have to prove myself and to who? I am just posting for my own good to figure out the game, and if someone has any concerns about me i can address them and explain my thought process.

You also look the game through your POV and not through mine. You can literally post your role pm, be confirmed town, and still only get NK'd like night 4-5 if me/rei/malcolm are town. Its horrible -ev to make myself confirmed town, it means i literally cannot play the game, I would only make myself 'confirmed' town to your eyes if i felt the lynch is going the wrong way, I have zero reason to do that out of nowhere and for nothing, I just kill myself by doing that.

You said you got better and you talk like you are some sort of god's gift to mafia. I see the same insecure oblivious to how the game works player i knew when i left. Tone it down and accept your mistakes instead of pointing fingers.

If you think, we got no info out of a 14 vote d1 largely split between two players, I don't know what to tell you. There is no merit to that argument. Did we get perfect information? No. But we got info. 

I don't even know if you voted Soph, but I know you voted Jazz so what's the point of bringing up the Soph vote? Who gives a fuck. That isn't where your vote ended up when you finished for d1. 

I don't even recall talking about your vote on Soph. My entire argument is that Soph was doing something to help town (vote counts) and had some decent posts showing he actually tried to figure shit out. I never said he was town. I never said we aren't killing him (in fact Im the one who brought up that he could be using vote counts as a way to feign content). All I said is that Soph is in a group of players (him, wunter, solistice) etc . . . and that I 'd rather leave him alive because he was benefitting us over useless players because Soph was trying and can be an asset to town. 

It's not a .bias. I literally don't give a fuck who I call out and I wasn't the only one to call you out on it this game. I don't think I was even the first frankly because I recall asking why no one was talking about you when people were discussing floaters (which given the players discussed was going around in circles and cluttering the thread) when you had only 1 post for the majority of d1 (which is new info, a deviation, and injected actual life and discussion into town) and then someone quoted me (Jazz) saying that they had. In that same post, I just said I was noting it and that I wasn't overly worried because you had 5 posts to make yourself super apparent town which you are capable of doing. 

Multiple people (PSK, Jazz, Slick iirc) called you out. So why am I the only one getting shit for it? 

The past games comment just seems like saliance bias so it's not worth addressing. If you don't take myself and/or other people questioning your alignment seriously, that's on you. 

Gaia you may not have believed you were in danger of being lynched (and at the time you may not have been), but I can go back itt and quote the confuse rei is off/sus posts. They were there and I wasn't the only one who made them. Again, if you didn't take them seriously, I don't know what to tell you. 

Wjhy should you have to prove yourself as town/why should you play as strong town? The dick answer to this would be well take a look at what just happened. But in all seriousness, that is the reason. If you project strong town, you don't get lynched. 

You suspect rei/malcolm/yourself etc . . . - Again, saliance bias. I go after a person because of their play/how I perceive their play (it's the same thing) . Maybe I have a hard time reading you? But again, MULTIPLE PEOPLE SUSPECTED YOU. How many times do I have to say it and/or go back to the thread to quote it before you understand that? So even if things were as you say, your play was at fault for the others. 

Let's talk about the momentum vote. I recall the vote being 5-3 in favor of Silver dying. I don't remember the exact sequence of events, but I think Jazz and slickz vote you up to three and then @Malcolm and @Mascis vote Silver up to 5. ZP voted you and I tied it after failing to convince town to change the lynch to one of my other targets. 

1. If you think I have more clout than Malcolm after winter cunterland, you're delusional. 

2. Majority vote was on Silver (5-3)  and it took multiple votes to switch it late in the phase,, which means that they were agains the tending direction. 

In regards to other players: They have a brain and can think for themselves. But even assuming they can't, why do you think they followed your lynch? They townread the players voting you and didn't town read you. 

In regards to making yourself "confirmed" (i'm guessing you mean apparent) town, I hate to break it to you, but it's common knowledge you are a good player as town. Consequently, even if you play scummy as shit, you are still a night kill target. Out of the group you listed, I don't think the play even matters. Assuming no heals, rei is always dying first, then you and then Malcolm (heal dodging may change the order). Being confirmed town is irrelevant there because confirmed town isn't always a threat. If we confirmed wunter/solistice/wheover as town,. mafia would still probably leave them alive because they aren't a threat. THREATS TO SCUM ARE WHAT END UP GETTING KILLED. 

That being said, being an asset to town typically does not entitle you to a day pass. The only player who gets that is rei because he can literally end the game on day 1 (and you know for a fact that even then I am willing to kill him on d1 if he isn't trying).  If you play scummy, people will suspect you're liable ot be lynched. Seriously, my activity has never ever been a problem in any game I have ever played in on this site. But if I meet quota early because of work and tell town I am doing that, it doesn't even take one page before some dumbfuck suspects that I am going to disappear for the day despite my history and despite the fact that I have gone on record multiple times as stating that floating does not help you as either alignment.  I didn't have you as the worst player to me on day 1 (Walia - who town should have killed 200x over). My vote wasn't even on you until it was either you or silver (and like I said, if it came down to that my vote was going on you) and that was because I hard town read Silver (Guess what I was right!!!). 

Where did I say I got better or am god's gift to mafia. Please quote it. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Faint    5839

Props for "winter cunterland" :')

• Upvote 1

+Sophocles    3074
5 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

If you're a threat to scum, it doesn't benefit you to not play strong town. The community knows who is a threat and who isn't. Gaia, Malcolm, myself, rei etc . . . are hard to lynch, make good arguments, and can lead town. Strong players are on scum's kill list regardless of how they play, just like they are on doc's heal list regardless of their d1. 

as evidenced by this game's D1 lmao

+rei+    34637

+rei+    34637

Faint    5839
On 15/08/2018 at 11:03 PM, PSK said:

Reveal hidden contents

"Hey I'm obvious town i die d1"

"Hey I'm midway i don't die"

Hey psk just become religious itll give you an excuse to keep your virginity for so long you fucking scrub <3