Sign in to follow this  
NB96

Banjo-Kazooie

NB96    842

Started playing this on Monday when I copped the Rare Replay collection for £7.99 brand new. Why did nobody tell me about this gem? They even have a sequel (also on the collection) as well as Conker's Bad Fur Day, a game with a cult following.

Gameplay has aged well, the only old thing is that it's a collectathon I guess but still basically the same formula as Super Mario Odyssey.

I recommend this game and I hope these two get into Super Smash Bros Ultimate this year.

+rei+    34642

Rare being sold to microsoft kinda bitterly may preclude that - it was not a happy breakup.

DK64 best banjo kazooie game 

NB96    842
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rei said:

Rare being sold to microsoft kinda bitterly may preclude that - it was not a happy breakup.

DK64 best banjo kazooie game 

I know I'm getting my hopes up but I bet they're getting in. Previously on N64, classic (reviews at the time said it was better than SM64), Phil Spencer said he would allow it, and they do well on Western and Japanese polls (and from what I've heard people think they scored nicely on the smash ballot from a few years ago). Plus two leakers who have gotten things right in the past say there will be Microsoft representation in the game.

If it happens it will be awesome, they would have a diverse moveset thanks to all the moves you can learn in the game too. From Microsoft's point of view there's no reason not to allow it at all, it's just if Nintendo want them which is the trouble. Banjo & Kazooie haven't been relevant for a long time but to be fair neither has King K. Rool and he got in. But hopefully they will add him as a classic who deserves a place.

Edited by NB96

NB96    842
Posted (edited)

I hear Banjo-Tooie is even better as well so I will make sure to try that as well.

Edited by NB96

+rei+    34642
19 hours ago, NB96 said:

I know I'm getting my hopes up but I bet they're getting in. Previously on N64, classic (reviews at the time said it was better than SM64), Phil Spencer said he would allow it, and they do well on Western and Japanese polls (and from what I've heard people think they scored nicely on the smash ballot from a few years ago). Plus two leakers who have gotten things right in the past say there will be Microsoft representation in the game.

If it happens it will be awesome, they would have a diverse moveset thanks to all the moves you can learn in the game too. From Microsoft's point of view there's no reason not to allow it at all, it's just if Nintendo want them which is the trouble. Banjo & Kazooie haven't been relevant for a long time but to be fair neither has King K. Rool and he got in. But hopefully they will add him as a classic who deserves a place.

other than allowing their competition to profit on their assets

NB96    842
9 minutes ago, rei said:

other than allowing their competition to profit on their assets

The very same asset Microsoft haven't done anything with in 10 years and that could be revived with one of the worlds best advertisements (being in a Smash game).

Microsoft would surely want this, it's just that Nintendo might not want to advertise a Microsoft IP.

Edited by NB96

NB96    842

Beat the game last night, I may try Conker's Bad Fur Day next then try Banjo-Tooie.

»Tygo    14119

I 100% Kaz and Tooie every few years. So much fun.

DK64 scarred me as in order to beat the game and get the Rare coin or whatever you have to beat the MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCDHSIVUSVCH harder version of the original DK game and I can't fucking do it.

Schism    986

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie were among my favorite games from childhood. 

NB96    842

I am playing Banjo-Tooie now I prefer it to Conker

as great as the games were at the time, and dont get me wrong they still play phenomenally. trying to play them as they were originally with an N64 control scheme is a nightmare and a half.

i personally prefer Yooka-Laylee anyway 

NB96    842

I beat Witchyworld from Banjo-Tooie earlier today. I'm going through Tooie a lot more slowly, idk why but I just don't like it as much as Banjo-Kazooie.