Aaron

being an adult sucks

Aaron    2025

anyone encountered this yet?

im 28. i 100k+$ in the bank, im in a good job, in decent shape, have a good set of friends but literally i can say my life is moving no where.

i am at a stage in my life where i should buy a house, but i dont have a family to put in it which kinda makes me think buying a 3-4 bed house is a bit dumb. a flat has its major cons in regards to investment. 

ive stagnated in work by locuming (basically agency.. so no career progression but lots of money). I've done it for about 14 months so now its basically just piss easy. no challenge. 

i want kind of travel but all my friends are busy working their 9-6pm jobs and being stressed and poor; or they have a wife +/- kids.

even getting a night out co-ordinated is painful and difficult nowadays 

in uni there was girl after girl, social circle after social circle, party after party and constantly moving and posing goals, trying to make money. 

i feel like its the total opposite now... its a life of complacency but also little time because i have to go through the motions (work/gym). 

i feel like a solution is just to find a girl who i click with... but thats difficult and i feel like the criteria i have doesnt really exist (cute/hot/into fitness/rich + high earning potential / .... likes anime... ok nvm that one] 

another is to potentially travel and try and find myself or some bullshit like that. 

any thoughts? 

has anyone else experienced shit like this? 

+mmf    23484

wow OPs life is so hard, please explain more about the depths of your existential crisis

• Downvote 2

+mmf    23484

i want to have so few problems in life that i get on duelistgroundz at 5pm and post this shit

• Downvote 2

»ACP    33416

Aaron, I'm virtually in the same boat. Same age, same networth, same kind of job, same general life circumstances, same feeling of lack of accomplishment. It's certainly not hard, in fact it's brutally easy, which is what bothers me. PM me if you want to vent and get my thoughts. I'd rather not go into details publicly.

+Urthor    10220
2 hours ago, mmf said:

i want to have so few problems in life that i get on duelistgroundz at 5pm and post this shit

Yeah there's a difference between joking about "first world problems" the meme and actually gate-keeping being unhappy because "wow your problems are not as bad as mine"

Haruki    9172

i am a neet

Aaron    2025

all raised good points.

fyi, im not trying to make this out as some form or heart wrenching or huge issue. its not. its just strange that u can go through ur whole life, tick all the boxes and end up missing something. and from what i've heard from this thread and my friends in similar situations its very common. 

sense of perspective: kids with cancer,  people who are poor and can't afford shit, people who are abused, people with mental health issues, death

dont worry im under no illusions that this is some big issue. its not. 

Solstice    388

If you really think you can only be successful / happy by having a significant other, you’re going to have a hard time.  Wanting a spouse and kids eventually is fine; feeling like you need them ASAP is only going to make you miserable.  You can’t base your happiness and success on other people; you need to find something that makes you happy regardless of circumstances outside your control.  The suggestion of finding a hobby you enjoy that you could devote yourself to is a good one, and if said hobby involves interacting with others then that’s a bonus as then you can broaden your friends circle to those that may have more time and possibly meet someone you’d consider significant other material there as well (you’d know you have one thing in common at least). 

Travel is generally better if you have someone to share the experience with, but if you have the funds and don’t mind going at it alone then nothing is stopping you.  I don’t think one trip will magically solve all your problems, but I’ve heard several places say that even just planning for a trip is a good mood booster so I certainly don’t think it will hurt.  I know lots of people that tend to push travel off with the idea that they’ll do it when they retire (more free time, no need to request of work, and hopefully have more money saved up) but I personally think it’d be much more enjoyable when you’re young and you don’t have to deal with aching joints or tiring quickly. 

You’re not alone in the feeling of going nowhere, though with a good job and a strong friend circle I’d say you likely have it a little bit better than most.  If you’re well off enough that money isn’t a major issue, perhaps consider cutting back on your hours slightly?  This is something I did recently as work was consuming my life to the point that it felt hard to do anything else, but even dropping those few hours have made me significantly happier even a few months down the road.  I realize this isn’t an option for everyone as bills and debt come first, but if you can afford it it’s something to consider. 

• Upvote 3

Aaron    2025
8 hours ago, Solstice said:

If you really think you can only be successful / happy by having a significant other, you’re going to have a hard time.  Wanting a spouse and kids eventually is fine; feeling like you need them ASAP is only going to make you miserable.  You can’t base your happiness and success on other people; you need to find something that makes you happy regardless of circumstances outside your control.  The suggestion of finding a hobby you enjoy that you could devote yourself to is a good one, and if said hobby involves interacting with others then that’s a bonus as then you can broaden your friends circle to those that may have more time and possibly meet someone you’d consider significant other material there as well (you’d know you have one thing in common at least). 

Travel is generally better if you have someone to share the experience with, but if you have the funds and don’t mind going at it alone then nothing is stopping you.  I don’t think one trip will magically solve all your problems, but I’ve heard several places say that even just planning for a trip is a good mood booster so I certainly don’t think it will hurt.  I know lots of people that tend to push travel off with the idea that they’ll do it when they retire (more free time, no need to request of work, and hopefully have more money saved up) but I personally think it’d be much more enjoyable when you’re young and you don’t have to deal with aching joints or tiring quickly. 

You’re not alone in the feeling of going nowhere, though with a good job and a strong friend circle I’d say you likely have it a little bit better than most.  If you’re well off enough that money isn’t a major issue, perhaps consider cutting back on your hours slightly?  This is something I did recently as work was consuming my life to the point that it felt hard to do anything else, but even dropping those few hours have made me significantly happier even a few months down the road.  I realize this isn’t an option for everyone as bills and debt come first, but if you can afford it it’s something to consider. 

Spot on.. that’s the advice I probably would have given myself. I think for some reason due to family pressures and age, I’m starting to pin all my hopes on some magical person coming into my life and being that missing link. In reality that’s just retarded. 

+rei+    34642

go to the US for six months and hike the AT 

Faint    5847

you have no commitments, and can walk straight into a new job if you take a break. you have a lot of money saved.

go travel. see the world. do whatever the fuck you want for 6-12 months. 

sounds corny / cheesey as fuck - but find yourself.

take the chance now while you can. i'm 26 and have a finace (who ive been with 7 years) and a 3 bed house and a great job - but my one gripe is that i wont ever really have the chance to explore the world for a lengthy period of time. you have that opportunity. sieze it. go to asia and fucking tour - and who knows, it may give you a new perspective and purpose in life. 

• Upvote 1

Aaron    2025
Posted (edited)

u guys are right.. i think i need to go back to my roots and spend some time in vegas or some shit hitting the gym and just getting pussy like crazy. 

honestly this whole working life shit is like a cage for me. 

Edited by Aaron
  • Pride 1

being an adult is amazing

free to explore stuff, doesn't have to account for anyone but yourself

learn to live well on your own before 'searching' for a significant other. being self sufficient and goal oriented is attractive

look for a job you dont hate ('love' is pushing it, but if you can then go for it) to keep your cash flow, and do stuff that you love on your free time

• Upvote 1

Chris Buraseru    10480

I spedread, but like it was stated above, a bitch/family is only going to make you want the bullet once you realize how many more problems that adds to your relatively simple and high income life. Get some hobbies before you shoot yourself in the ass and have no outs.

Haruki    9172

The bipolar mania offers a natural high similar to being on cocaine and bipolar individuals may look for cocaine to produce extra energy when mania ends.

Faint    5847
11 hours ago, Haruki said:

The bipolar mania offers a natural high similar to being on cocaine and bipolar individuals may look for cocaine to produce extra energy when mania ends.

what

what

what is this

On 10/9/2018 at 7:18 PM, Haruki said:

Reggie are you taking your meds correctly? U worry me sometimes. 

Haruki    9172
16 hours ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Reggie are you taking your meds correctly? U worry me sometimes. 

yes

+Sophocles    3075
On 10-10-2018 at 2:18 AM, Haruki said:

all highs are natural.

coming down from mania probably feels worse than coming down from cocaine though

Haruki    9172
1 hour ago, Sophocles said:

all highs are natural.

coming down from mania probably feels worse than coming down from cocaine though

shitty brag thread

28 with 100k in bank lol

try 28 with 25k debt

not including mortgage

although that's a small brag cos to have a mortgage at 28 feels fucking marvellous (especially with that debt), even tho the rate is awful and i've paid off hardly anything in a year after interest

i got excited when i plunged myself into more debt to get a nice car that i can afford each month

i get very excited when all bills come out and i'm left with 200 in my account to spend on shit i want (although sometimes i need to buy food)

i've stopped worrying about money

as long as i have enough at the end of each month to eat and maybe buy wine and cheese then i'm good (priorities)

i'm never behind on bills but definitely live hand to mouth

my lifestyle is not healthy in terms of finance but i'm happy with (almost) a wife and dog

that's significantly better than a lot of people, sadly

i would literally kill to have savings, even 1k lol

100k is dope

go travel

buy a vw camper and just fucking go round europe man