Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

CPU advice

+Urthor    10220
8 hours ago, rei said:

dont bother with ram overclocking the returns are so fucking negligable (but its tied to the chipset so any z390 would be fine)

really any z390 mobo will suit your needs just make sure it has all the slots you plan on using

back to watercooelrs - what i specifically reccomend is getting one thats just for the CPU thats a closed loop so it never leaks and fucks you over, Corsair and Cooler Master both make good ones - a dual fan one will be more than you ever need, and a single fan one is still good for decent overclocks 

The return are actually great for specifically Ryzen AND Civilization 6 turn times on Intel CPUs.  Apparently people who benchmark Civ 6 turn timers do find that it is bottle-necked by RAM clocks and not frequency at the upper limit. 

This is the only case in the entirety of video gaming though.  

Aaron    2024
16 hours ago, Urthor said:

The return are actually great for specifically Ryzen AND Civilization 6 turn times on Intel CPUs.  Apparently people who benchmark Civ 6 turn timers do find that it is bottle-necked by RAM clocks and not frequency at the upper limit. 

This is the only case in the entirety of video gaming though.  

hmm ill just buy the cl14 RAM i guess...  i aim to have this system for a while and if i ever go to AMD, its nice i guess to have some CL14 RAM 3200mhz i can drop into it without thinking of buying more RAM for the infinity fabric.