TheGoldenTyranno

DGz Mafia Revival Aftergame

D3mlbfXovUUdAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

rei is MVP for that epic heal N1 and for solving the game

LVP: Most definitely BuildtheWalia for getting lynched as a pr on D1 

My apologies 4 those neg. affected by the EoD change(Faint).

Scum Chat:

https://discord.gg/d8ySHFt

+Malcolm    4606

didnt pay attention. game isnt engaging enough to be interesting. wunter picked a really bad nk target. ggwontre

• Upvote 1

Wunterslaus    225

Yea I had to pick cus you weren't there lol. Thought nk'ing Francis would create some wifom theories around me which would lead to some discussions where I could easily reply to without arousing much suspicion. Hope I could gain some trust there

Faint    5855

I don't think Francis is a bad nktarget as well assuming you know a doc in game will likely heal rei. Slicks would have been a smarter target to be absolutely sure but I don't think Francis was a bad shout

Faint    5855

Nobody played particularly well besides ash for calling out the scum team . Kind of difficult to  in such an inactive game. 

Slicks lynch I still think sucked and I thought I pointed out pretty well why we should've killed wunter that day over slick. I don't agree with the meta read Francis made.

Wunter I think you could have won because I was fully intending to go all guns blazing on jazz d3 and if you had played it right and killed Francis you might have been able to get the win there. It isn't over till it is over. 

Wunterslaus    225
1 hour ago, Faint said:

Nobody played particularly well besides ash for calling out the scum team . Kind of difficult to  in such an inactive game. 

Slicks lynch I still think sucked and I thought I pointed out pretty well why we should've killed wunter that day over slick. I don't agree with the meta read Francis made.

Wunter I think you could have won because I was fully intending to go all guns blazing on jazz d3 and if you had played it right and killed Francis you might have been able to get the win there. It isn't over till it is over. 

Would have had to convince auri though and didn't see that happening. Seemed like everyone was fixed on killing me

aurirevoir    2868

wunter's odds of survival were low but i think it was worth playing out the final day.  with 4 remaining it takes all 3 remaining townies to kill you off, if anyone doesn't vote for you you can snipe a tie vote at the end and roll 75% to win

i was committed to voting wunter though, if jazz or faint were scum then well played to them

as far as slick goes, if you floata multiple times as town in a "lets revive dgz mafia" game you probably deserve to get lynched

• Upvote 1

slickz    4307
2 hours ago, Faint said:

francis’s “read” came down to 

1) his desire for his scenario to be right

2) his paranoia of being outplayed by malcolm 

that’s it

wunter could have won because Jazz was still alive in the game and would have expectedly derailed town

malcolm and rei mvp’s, what else is new

slickz    4307
43 minutes ago, aurirevoir said:

wunter's odds of survival were low but i think it was worth playing out the final day.  with 4 remaining it takes all 3 remaining townies to kill you off, if anyone doesn't vote for you you can snipe a tie vote at the end and roll 75% to win

i was committed to voting wunter though, if jazz or faint were scum then well played to them

as far as slick goes, if you floata multiple times as town in a "lets revive dgz mafia" game you probably deserve to get lynched

true

i misplayed and should have just killed wunter that day i guess

1 hour ago, slickz said:

francis’s “read” came down to 

1) his desire for his scenario to be right

2) his paranoia of being outplayed by malcolm 

that’s it

wunter could have won because Jazz was still alive in the game and would have expectedly derailed town

malcolm and rei mvp’s, what else is new

I explained this. I expected you to be able to turn it around if you lived more than wunter could. Even rei said it was a 50/50 between you and wunter. I took the safe play

I don't think wunter had a shot. Any credibility he had was eviscerated by end of day 2. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 1

Faint    5855
16 minutes ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

It kinda sucks when I’m full interested in playing but half the people miss quota day one and that just kills it

Retweet

7 hours ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

It kinda sucks when I’m full interested in playing but half the people miss quota day one and that just kills it

To be fair Tyranno moved this back several times and never really gave decent notice on it. I was beat by the time I noticed the game started

My thoughts on the game overall:

Day 1 is kind of hard to gauge due to inactivity. As I said early on day 2, the most notable interactions were (1) Auri voting Walia despite sumreading Wunter (a contradiction) and (2) Wunter being opportunistic by voting Walia. 

Despite Auri being scummy as hell for that comment, he explained it really well and was apparent town through the middle of day 2. For both playing as scum and town, that was exemplary play and people should model their game around it. Auri had an "oh shit, I fucked up and now I gotta make up for it mentality." If you own up to your actions and help to move the game forward, you will probably get townread regardless of your alignment.

Conversely, wunter dodged the action and didn't really try to move the game forward, which only further cemented him as scum after the opportunistic vote. As I said in the thread, scum was either a power player (slickz, malcolm or rei before he outed) or scum had no balls. Trading yourself for rei there was the optimal move. Did it work out given Walia flipped Neapolitan? Yes, but as you saw, if you are going to get scumread for something anyway, you may as well maximize the benefit to your faction.  

I don't know if the nk target was a poor choice. Killing players who scumread you is almost always the right move. I was not a likely heal target given the game state so the heal was just super unfortunate and ultimately let us draw conclusions about the game based on the kill target. There was no guarantee slickz would be active, but there was pretty much a guarantee that I would be and that I would go after wunter. I don't fault wunter for making the kill. The heal just ended up being really bad for him in hindsight. 

I don't think a Jazz derailment was possible. Auri was pretty apparent town and faint can beat out wunter. Even if wunter convinces one person, he couldnt convince two. 

There isn't much to say about Malcolm. Idk what the reasoning was, but Malcolm essentially gave himself up as scum by focusing on Slickz. Did it get slickz lynched? Possibly, but I would argue slickz was really killed for his lack of any meaningful activity.

A note on analyzing votes in smaller games:  In a smaller game, I feel that votes are misleading and town weight really should not be accorded to them over someone's play overall. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood