Sign in to follow this  
DrakeBAMF

Trying to get back into the game after 8 years... O.o;

DrakeBAMF    2

Hi, everyone.

So, I basically quit the game once Konami started releasing card types to the game, specifically Synchros. For me, at the time, it was getting to be too much. The game was already complicated enough before they started throwing all the new stuff in. But now, they have XYZs, Pendulums, and Links. It's kind of lot to take in and SO many sets have been released; I legitimately don't know a good way to try to jump back into the game. Is there any notable way to begin chipping away at this? I have "Legacy of the Duelist" for PS4, and that's doing a pretty good job of weening me into the new effects and whatnot. Also, I figured I would just netdeck a few decks on here that specifically use Links or Pendulums (I have an okay grasp on XYZs). Any help would be appreciated. Also, I apologize if this posted in the wrong place. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10226

Net deck a deck, go onto Duelingbook and draw into opening hands and play out turn 1s to play through the combos and read the cards and try to teach yourself to follow the rules and how all the rules changes actually work.

The amount of actual rulings that have changed in that time has been pretty ridiculous, no summon Chaos Sorceror auto remove a monster for example, so there is a lot to catch up on.   

Carbon    1880

Chaos Sorcerer not removing a monster is a least amount of changes lol. 
I've considered getting back into the game but then decided to just play magic if I wanna do that. They use a lot of the same cards and the colors never change. Easy to pick back up lol.

DrakeBAMF    2
4 hours ago, Urthor said:

Net deck a deck, go onto Duelingbook and draw into opening hands and play out turn 1s to play through the combos and read the cards and try to teach yourself to follow the rules and how all the rules changes actually work.

The amount of actual rulings that have changed in that time has been pretty ridiculous, no summon Chaos Sorceror auto remove a monster for example, so there is a lot to catch up on.   

Yeah, I figured that might be the answer I would get. That's probably what I'll end up doing. It seemed inevitable, but I wanted to see if there were any new resources of which I may not be aware. I'll pick something and just start chipping away. Thank you. :) 

Shaman    532

Terrible game, I wish rei would have taught me how to play MTG 10 years ago

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34661

> implying i know how to play mtg 

+rei+    34661

i mean i kinda do but ive like not read the rulebook 

Faint    5859

yea i have no idea why anyone would want to get back into ygo

• Upvote 1