Sign in to follow this  
anomalous[Emanon]

Need help with diet/strength training for long distance running

Hope this is finding everyone well. I am in need of some guidance for my diet and for beginning strength training. Foolishly, I have been running long distance without keeping any of this at the forefront of my brain, and thankfully, I haven't suffered any serious injuries. I do not want to keep making these mistakes because I know it will catch up to me and I don't want any part of that (especially since I don't have health insurance). I am running 10ks and half-marathons at the moment, with the goal of completing my first marathon late summer/early fall. I started running partly due to my weight (was 150-155 lbs growing up and gained up to 200 - currently at around 175), and I am trying to lose some weight to get down to 160-165. With the strength training, I'm not looking to get ripped, but toned, with an emphasis on gaining more flexibility/mobility/support for my joints. I am really in the dark with all of this stuff. I have spent my whole life neglecting my body and I don't want to keep living that way. As far as diet goes, I'm a sugar fiend, but have cut back significantly, and I cut soda/fast food out altogether. Other than that, I'm quite ignorant. Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

+rei+    34664

man you could be way less verbose, don't worry about trying to impress people just get to the point ;p

your weight is based ENTIRELY on calories in vs calories out. Anyone else saying more is trying to sell you shit - obviously running and strength training contribute to calories out but its way easier to not eat a snickers than to run off a snickers.

track everything you eat. every calorie. thats all you need to do.

:) Now to start getting on a healthy diet! Funny enough, I ate a snickers after work! (Slaps wrist) 

+rei+    34664

track your calories with something like myfitnesspal