Sign in to follow this  
NB96

Kingdom Hearts III

NB96    854

I am playing right now and I have the day off tomorrow, who else is playing and what do you think of it

Edited by NB96

Carbon    1882

I’ve only played through the first world so far. I’m playing on proud mode. I’m enjoying it so far. 

Two things I’ve noticed though is that magic SEEMS really powerful. Like I said I’m not very far but spamming water/fire has made things way easier. 

The attraction ride commands like the Pirate Ship or Tea Cups just seem broken and I’ve already told myself to stop using them unless I need to or don’t care about cheesing the battle. 

Aaron    2031

I LOVE THIS GAME. 

yeah the attraction commands are legit broken. could do with having a disable option but oh well. i still had to depend on it during the titan boss in the first world tho at the end (had no cure command and donald and hercules and goofy went AWOL) 

They've basically made a PS2 game using PS4 graphics and I love the decision. I  think they could've taken a risk with the franchise but it ultimately would have atttracted newcomers but dissatsified potential old time KH fans. Instead they decided to keep to the same formula but have made sure the story is a lot more captivating by keeping the organisation developments constant in each world. 

for a non KH fan, 7-8/10.

For a KH fan, has to be a 10/10. 

Edited by Aaron
  • Upvote 1

NB96    854

I'm in the final world, Master Xehanort's new VA is not great imo. Such a pity the original VA died before he could record for this.

Aaron    2031
On 2/3/2019 at 9:00 PM, NB96 said:

I'm in the final world, Master Xehanort's new VA is not great imo. Such a pity the original VA died before he could record for this.

im only on the frozen world but this combat in this game is a bit riduclous. the triangle commands are way too frequent and strong. makes good for the general mobs and all that bullshit but its really depressing for bigger fights when you know it should be a bit of a challenge but just isn't. 

im tempted to actually not finish the game tbh. i will because i want to know how it all ties together and i want to see everyone reunited but they dropped the ball with this game.

BBS definitely had an addictive and well evolved battle system. all they had to do was BUILD on that but instead they tried to mish-mash a bunch of bullshit together. links should have died, summons should have come back, triangle attacks should not exist outside of maybe the finishers for the odd boss battle, 

NB96    854
15 hours ago, Aaron said:

im only on the frozen world but this combat in this game is a bit riduclous. the triangle commands are way too frequent and strong. makes good for the general mobs and all that bullshit but its really depressing for bigger fights when you know it should be a bit of a challenge but just isn't. 

im tempted to actually not finish the game tbh. i will because i want to know how it all ties together and i want to see everyone reunited but they dropped the ball with this game.

BBS definitely had an addictive and well evolved battle system. all they had to do was BUILD on that but instead they tried to mish-mash a bunch of bullshit together. links should have died, summons should have come back, triangle attacks should not exist outside of maybe the finishers for the odd boss battle, 

Yes. When it came out a little over a month ago people were refusing to admit there were problems with it. I thought it was clear from after the Toy Story world that there were problems, that or the Kingdom of Corona.

Aaron    2031
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, NB96 said:

Yes. When it came out a little over a month ago people were refusing to admit there were problems with it. I thought it was clear from after the Toy Story world that there were problems, that or the Kingdom of Corona.

I just played the frozen level and its got better. that boss was actually decently challenging and i never got an attraction when playing against it. 

They keyblade transformations just seem way too OP. one of them from the herculses stage makes you invincible and able to go around on this thunder cart thing untouchable.. by the time its finished most of ur MP is back.  idk the battle system in general just seems really poorly thought out... curaga just destroying all ur magic is a bit annoying too. 

sound design is top class. graphics are beautiful. its faithful to the old core games of the series which i think is a brave decision (ps2 game released on ps4 basically)... 

but the battle system is just a bit meh. they should have really just ported over BBS's battle system and made it more 2019. 

they are lucky that the graphics, sounds, charm, production values are off the charts to compensate for the really basic convoluted non tactical no challenging battle system. i thought KH2 was bad with the triangle commands.. but this just seems to really take the piss.

Square enix just really don't get gamers I think. 

Edited by Aaron

Carbon    1882

I just finished the main story a few days ago. 
I really WANTED to have the drive to craft the ultimate weapon and do the battle gates but I kinda don't care enough to do it now that the main story is out of the way.

Aaron    2031
Posted (edited)

So I was under-levelled for the last fights so they were quite epic (on proud mode).

It ramped up well near the end but this game was honestly a missed oppurtunity. Even as a fan, I struggle to give this game more than a 7-8... edging more towards 7.  I felt KH2's evolution of plot was way better. They basically just didn't use Maleficient who in KH2 became really endearing.  I felt the disney worlds they used this time round were far less charming than the previous ones. 

They also made every organisation member bar xigbar very very paperthin. 

Gameplay was very meh. I felt the controls weren't tight enough for combat and the attractions suck. The magic system is inferior to BBS. The summoning system was superior to the link commands. The boss battles were okay but the group ones were a bit meh. 

Really mixed feelings on this title as I am a KH fanboy but I struggle to give it a 9 or 10 which is what I thought it'd be getting from me. 

Edited by Aaron

NB96    854

The plot was poorly paced. I thought nothing important happened until after San Fransokyo.

Also the story being told across multiple diffent systems makes it hard to keep up. Was that Strelitzia's voice in the optional cutscene?

What's more, the few cutscenes with Maleficent and Pete were a waste because we still don't know what's inside the box. Just don't bother mentioning it if you wont pay it off.

Master Xehanort's motivations seem inconsistent too. I thought he wanted to bring balance to Light and Darkness. So why then does he want to 

get rid of darkness completely using Kingdom Hearts?

Aaron    2031
13 minutes ago, NB96 said:

The plot was poorly paced. I thought nothing important happened until after San Fransokyo.

Also the story being told across multiple diffent systems makes it hard to keep up. Was that Strelitzia's voice in the optional cutscene?

What's more, the few cutscenes with Maleficent and Pete were a waste because we still don't know what's inside the box. Just don't bother mentioning it if you wont pay it off.

Master Xehanort's motivations seem inconsistent too. I thought he wanted to bring balance to Light and Darkness. So why then does he want to 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, exactly. the whole maleficient/Pete thing just felt so... unfinished. They've been integral to KH1 and KH2 but this game they just got the total cold shoulder. TBH all the disney villains did. They were much better off using most of the older villains. I still remmeber KH1 when all the disney villains had a meeting to discuss Sora.. now that was epic. 

Yeah Xehanort at the end was just ridiculous. And the cheek of them trying to pass him off as some innocent mis-led kid was beyond retarded. He plunged the world into darkness, tried to kill or thought he did kill kairi, through terra out of his fucking body, left aqua to rot in the darkness for TEN years... the list goes on. 

More I think about it, the more I think what a disapointing end to such a beloved franchise.