Francis J Underwood

The Official 2019-2020 NFL Thread

Gospel    374

I like the Flacco to Denver trade for both teams. 

Denver gets a quarterback who will be their starter and should be able to game manage them into a shot at the playoffs for an extra 4th rounder. Ravens get a 4th rounder and away from the Flacco contract which they needed to anyways. 

3 hours ago, Gospel said:

I like the Flacco to Denver trade for both teams. 

Denver gets a quarterback who will be their starter and should be able to game manage them into a shot at the playoffs for an extra 4th rounder. Ravens get a 4th rounder and away from the Flacco contract which they needed to anyways. 

Ravens get the same amount of cap relief either way but take more in dead money by trading him iirc (cutting him allowed them to designate him post June 1). Compensation return was adequate imo (value to Elway is that most of the actual money on Flacco's deal was paid out). 

That being said I hate this deal for Denver mostly because Denver has a ton of needs that I don't know how it will fill. Flacco has had success in the Kubiak system tho so if they hit in FA and the draft it could work out really well for them. 

For Baltimore, they are all in on the running QB experiment. I appreciate the innovation, but only Cam Newton has been able to make it work in the long-term. It will be interesting to see how Baltimore builds their team from here on out. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood