• Thunder Dragon
    • True Draco
    • Salmangreat
    • Raid Raptor
    • Shadolls
    • Sky Striker
    • Other

Tommasmr    2

So, people keep on mentioning this thing called the meta game, and it is referring to a group of really good, or at least decent decks or archetypes. The meta game is determined by the general public of Yu- Gi- Oh! so it's all a matter of popularity and how well a deck plays, but some people call anything that beats their deck meta, or something that was considered a rogue deck can become meta if it gets a win in a tournament. This means that people can twist the meaning, so it becomes hard to determine for yourself what is meta and what is not, especially when other people's opinions are being shoved in our face and you are being pressured to agree with them. Just remember that you are part of the general public, and you can agree with whoever you want to, and you have the power to make a deck meta if you want to, just remember, if you choose an unpopular opinion, then you might have to take some trash talk, and don't use not using what others deem as meta as an excuse for losing, it you choice to use the deck your using, so it is still your fault.

Hope you enjoyed! Leave a deck that you think is meta below.                                                                                     

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

+rei+    34681

I mean you can't make a deck meta if it can't consistantly perform

3 hours ago, Tommasmr said:

So, people keep on mentioning this thing called the meta game, and it is referring to a group of really good, or at least decent decks or archetypes. The meta game is determined by the general public of Yu- Gi- Oh! so it's all a matter of popularity and how well a deck plays, but some people call anything that beats their deck meta, or something that was considered a rogue deck can become meta if it gets a win in a tournament. This means that people can twist the meaning, so it becomes hard to determine for yourself what is meta and what is not, especially when other people's opinions are being shoved in our face and you are being pressured to agree with them. Just remember that you are part of the general public, and you can agree with whoever you want to, and you have the power to make a deck meta if you want to, just remember, if you choose an unpopular opinion, then you might have to take some trash talk, and don't use not using what others deem as meta as an excuse for losing, it you choice to use the deck your using, so it is still your fault.

Hope you enjoyed! Leave a deck that you think is meta below.                                                                                     

Doesn't seem that subjective 2 me. Salad Boys take up the majority of the top cut these days? Also, why would u put stuff like RR and Dolls and not even mention the Orcust deck that won a YCS or more recent rogue decks like Altergiest?

On 3/6/2019 at 2:55 PM, rei said:

I mean you can't make a deck meta if it can't consistantly perform

That's true. In being shown the ropes through Duel Links and Sacred Cards (that game is awful btw), I learned the hard way that playing some spam cards and hoping for lucky pulls with a deck that looks nice doesn't work. I didn't run any good archetypes at first, but eventually, I managed to get the Swordbound Silence Structure Deck, (Note: Silent Swordsman is an absolute killer if untouched for around 12 turns and a few combos are added. I once got to 12500 ATK against a friend online) which helped a lot in the ranked duels. Hated the Yubel event, though. From what I learned, relying on god cards and aces is the equivalent to hoping your glass cannon will beat the level 99 boss.