Carb Addict ゴゴ

My Embarrassing First (and last) YGO Tournament

So, back when I was around 10 or 11, the concept of XYZ monsters was still fresh from the oven and people (especially me) either didn't understand them entirely or studied everything they could find on the topic. I, however, only understood the game according to what I saw in the anime at the age. Keep in mind, I had a duel disk from the 2000s version of YGO and I had no clue what an extra deck was, so at my first tournament at a comic con, I had many issues, most put on this list:

1. Did not understand tribute summoning, tried to summon Photon Caesar (Lv8) on my first turn

2. Didn't understand LP rules and set my DD pedometer to 9990 with no clue what I'm doing

3. Put Synchros and XYZ monsters in my main deck. No one said a word.

4. Stacked my deck with banned cards

5. Misunderstood XYZ monsters entirely. To clarify, I didn't know I had to detach materials and I thought all Xyz monsters couldn't be harmed by non-Xyz monsters.

6. The anime refused to explain Duel Disk anatomy, and since I didn't understand the playing mat, I had to rely on 4kids in regards to where I should put a spell or facedown.

7. Ruined many abusable cards because I packed over 80 cards into the deck slot, including my Hundred Eyes.

8. Overdramatically announced everything I did.

9. Ignored card effects that could have let me win

in the end, I'm pretty sure the guy quit because I didn't understand the rules at all.

• Pride 1

+rei+    34755

'So, back when I was around 10 or 11, the concept of XYZ monsters was still fresh from the oven'

holy crap I feel old. 

I'm honestly amazed you fit 80 cards in a duel disk 

33 minutes ago, rei said:

'So, back when I was around 10 or 11, the concept of XYZ monsters was still fresh from the oven'

holy crap I feel old. 

I'm honestly amazed you fit 80 cards in a duel disk 

I was very dumb at the time; if I remember correctly, I compressed my deck to look like a normal deck, but it took 30-45 seconds just to draw :) 

+rei+    34755

shiiiit lol 

Yeah, a lot of my best cards were ruined, and I'd even packed in banned cards like Pot of Greed, the Magic and Spell versions (2 of each) of Monster Reborn, and Dark Strike Fighter from when Konami wouldn't fix the card.