Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Burning Abyss Options NAWCQ

Hi everyone I'm a dedicated burning abyss player, been play testing many nights with no sleep. I wanted to share my deck library with the different versions of BA that I play test. PK Fire is not the only way to play the deck. here are the builds I consider viable.

1. PK Fire- This build has a strong and consistent first turn, the goal in deckbuilding is to design this version to be good going second. the grind game of this deck is awesome. something I learned when play testing this build is that konami actually designed and preplanned for this build to be a contender this summer. It definitely helped my deckbuilding skills when i realized to look for techs that Konami themselves had in mind. In playtesting this the only con is going second. And if we can solve the going second problem then we have a chance to win events. I'm not saying that this deck going second game is bad, just saying that to win a whole event you need have a good going second game. This build would be the best version if it could master going second successfully.

2. Trapless Pure BA with kaiju heavy side- https://imgur.com/zEhcC73
This build is really good in my opinion, in my build I mained 2 vanity fiend, 3 rank up astral, 3 masked change second for darklaw, 3 beginning of the end because it draws one of these 3 cards turn one and my heavy BA count can handle it. The goal is to win Turn one with a floodgate/disrutive board. my build is consistant but going second needs to be sided for which it is with the kaijus. the motivation behind this build is none Yugioh related, I would use the Faith/Law of Attraction to win most of my die rolls, with knowing I will win my die rolls I can confidently build for going first. Pk fire would love to win die rolls too, but this build has solved going second with the kaiju heavy side. you can play both Pot of desires and beginning of the end here too but you would like to combo off first before activating desires

3. Kaiju BA with with a good going first side deck- This is basically a reverse of the above option. This is a very good option as well. It breaks boards really well, has answers to to Salamangreat, Sky strikers, Thunder Dragons. I haven't played much against orcust with this deck, though twin twister with calcab is strong. with a BA heavy count this deck will be able grind a bit but i would say the recovery of the deck is pretty mediocre but not weak.
Mask change 2nd and Super poly are strong and make for good game pushes. You don't have to have faith in winning the die roll with this build.

4. Sekka Hand Trap BA- I playtested this one but not extensively- I love the option to play it though. So here is how it works- You main 15 or more hand traps with sekka light. Psyframe Gamma is so good in this one. A deck building challenge is staying at 40 card count. The Pros of this version is that it can consistently count on ending your opponents first turn with 1 or 2 hand traps. with the meta being Salamangreat, Sky Striker, Orcust, etc you have a good selection to end your opponents turn. The con I found with this deck is that if built incorrectly It lacks the ability to put Damage on board, and has a lower offense than all the other builds, but since it has the ability to shut your opponent down consistantly it can buy time to go for the kill. With running 15-20 hand traps the BA count is lower, so the deck needs a good normal summon. In my build I couldn't fiend room for a rescue cat package, but i think the mini chaos dragons could be of some help with damage out put. Maybe there are cards that aren't discovered that can help this deck main flaws. Damage out put would be the main thing to work on, and I personally would say It's possible.
4. Sekka Danger Burning Abyss (with Mare Mare combo)Thomas Rose build- This build is a beast but with Cherubini release It would be recommended that we max out on Scarm and Farfa, maybe an extra alich as well.I really love this build as it is very chain link heavy and difficult to Pilot. It's a going second build that intends to win Turn 2. The deck building goal is make the deck better with Cherubini. I mean what good is it to not take advantage of the new BA link. I said we should max out on scarm because that would help with turn ones a bit, and recovery in failed OTKs. I don't really know If Konami Designed this version to be as good as Pk Fire but It's worth testing. The Con is that this deck auto loses to mystic mine. So elite side decking is neccessary.
5. Trap Heavy Burning Abyss Control- https://imgur.com/Gjxj0ek
I don't think the decklist I made can be improved on honestly, not trying to sound proud or anything but I did a lot of testing with it. This build is 60 cards but it mantains consistency and its so much harmony/synergy. It may be trap heavy but it has kill shots. My mindset in building the deck was to play the BA deck like it was designed by konami to be played. The BA trap card that swarms can be a blowout offensively and defensively, mask change second into dark law can is offensive and defensive. fire lake has the potential to be a blowout. Super Poly can be a blow out in so many ways, helping the decks kill shots. Anti spell is auto win in certain match ups. Pot of desires is activated after i combo or when i need it. Twin twister is good offensively and defensively. This deck takes advantage of using cards that has multiple purposes. evenly match is in here to help with going second. it auto wins against true draco and Altegist. Wind blast helps my turn one, and it can discard scarm to get my engine going. The deck is built perfectly and can only be improve with discovering hidden undiscovered cards. The side is kaiju heavy which makes going second great for me. The deck has a slower start than something like Pk fire, But it has killshots still and it can handle going second better than PK fire. I think Konami had both Pk fire and Pure BA in mind for this WCQ season, the harmony and synergy is just too good.
There are other Burning abyss builds but these are the ones that I think are the best. I really want BA players to take advantage of Mask change second and Super Poly. I'm almost ready for the WCQ and I'm taking BA without a doubt. I may be crazy but I have a strong feeling that I'm going to be World Champion this year. I'm so hyped up and motivated. Any version of Burning abyss takes  a lot of skill and deckbuilding with this deck is so deep that no other deck can really compare. Not to sound like a jerk but after 4 months of testing I feel like I mastered the deck, but people do catch me slipping on Dueling book lol. Thanks for reading.

One Build I forgot to mention that I will have to try out is Burning abyss orcust, I didn’t want to really play that build but it may be the best version to play. I put so much hard work with Burning Abyss and it wouldn’t make sense for me to practice with another deck type with so little time to practice. Will post my results of Practicing with BA orcust. I want to win badly, it’s all I think about. I hate to lose.