NB96

Good games you can't get into

NB96    857

I really want to like Perfect Dark but I just don't. I also barely got into Skyrim, I got out from the cave at the start and just immediately lost interest. To be fair I didn't give Skyrim a fair chance at the time.

+rei+    34681
14 hours ago, NB96 said:

I really want to like Perfect Dark but I just don't. I also barely got into Skyrim, I got out from the cave at the start and just immediately lost interest. To be fair I didn't give Skyrim a fair chance at the time.

How are you playing PD? the XBLA release has a lot smoother framerates if that was the dealbreaker for the n64 release (and holy that xbla local multiplayer is fire)

The Deus Ex sequels are really cool and i am literally just too bad at them to enjoy them

Final Fantasy Tactics, and the entire genre of tactical RPG is so not my thing I can't enjoy it at all

Nate1080    1231

Pikmin is a game I couldn’t get into.  Pikmin 3 was the first and only one I played (I got it for free I believe) and barely got through the 2nd level.

RTS style games aren’t for me I suppose. Too much micro management.

+rei+    34681

you could always play protoss ; ) 

Nate1080    1231

I never heard of that, what is it?

+rei+    34681

rofl its a race in Starcraft / Starcraft 2 that gets a lot of shit for being less micro intensive allegedly 

NB96    857
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rei said:

How are you playing PD? the XBLA release has a lot smoother framerates if that was the dealbreaker for the n64 release (and holy that xbla local multiplayer is fire)

The Deus Ex sequels are really cool and i am literally just too bad at them to enjoy them

Final Fantasy Tactics, and the entire genre of tactical RPG is so not my thing I can't enjoy it at all

I'm playing on Xbox via Rare Replay. I'm on level 2 and much like level 1, it's just a labyrinth of corridors that all look the same. Add to that no objective markers and I don't know where to go. It also doesn't seem to give button prompts when you go near an actionable item so I could easily wander past the objective. I just got tired of wandering around for 20 minutes. I could follow a guide on YouTube but if I have to do that just to get through the level then what's the point. Also I don't even know why I am investigating dataDyne because they didn't explain clearly enough in the 30 seconds of cutscene I got to see.

Edited by NB96
  • Upvote 1

NB96    857
5 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

Pikmin is a game I couldn’t get into.  Pikmin 3 was the first and only one I played (I got it for free I believe) and barely got through the 2nd level.

RTS style games aren’t for me I suppose. Too much micro management.

I really enjoyed Pikmin 2 on Gamecube but the series isn't for everybody.

NB96    857
7 hours ago, rei said:

Okay I just saw that it tells you how to do the objectives in the briefing for the mission. That helps a bit.

+rei+    34681

and in the menu

also remember stealth is your friend for sure

(you would have also hated goldeneye) 

Don't worry about hating Datadyne yet, you'll be given reasons through the story

Aaron    2047

FF Tactics 

The battle system to me feels just so...non tactical. 

• Upvote 1

BuildTheWalia    254
On 6/7/2019 at 8:56 AM, rei said:

rofl its a race in Starcraft / Starcraft 2 that gets a lot of shit for being less micro intensive allegedly 

"less micro intensive" in starcraft isn't really saying much lol

BuildTheWalia    254

Bought Cities Skylines and attempted to play for about an hour before refunding, couldn't understand how to do anything and online tutorials weren't much help either.

+rei+    34681
19 hours ago, BuildTheWalia said:

"less micro intensive" in starcraft isn't really saying much lol

i mean i made diamond at 54 apm