SageRhapsody    401

i bought a ton of zoom shares right before lockdown and sold them just now. am i an MLG trader yet?

11 hours ago, SageRhapsody said:

i bought a ton of zoom shares right before lockdown and sold them just now. am i an MLG trader yet?

Very nice! I don't know how to trade those stocks that make crazy moves, just major instruments and hope my strategies work out via law of large numbers... Those big moves can be really lucrative.

End result, not bad. But honestly, I feel that the best thing to do in this market is just buy and hold, it just keeps going up. Unless volatility returns, its the way to go. No need to use specialized analysis, just buy dips.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 1.03.20 PM.png

SageRhapsody    401
On 2020-06-04 at 11:13 AM, StandardBasicCardTheorist said:

Very nice! I don't know how to trade those stocks that make crazy moves, just major instruments and hope my strategies work out via law of large numbers... Those big moves can be really lucrative.

I frankly don't understand anything of what you do but it seems to be pretty consistent. 

I just bought an ass load of Airline stocks during the covid crash. Looking at a 40% return already. 

Don't think I'll try again though, kinda just feels like gambling lmao

Buffet bought a ton of airlines as well, then proceeded to lose a few billion. He closed the position for a loss. They have wild moves but if you can be on the right side, even a single day can net a fortune.

I don't trade airlines due to the wild moves but I used to trade UAL. It hit some old lines. There is another level under the recent lows, at around 9.43 or so. Might try buying there if it goes. On the other hand, UAL did hit the 49 level so I favor a move down this coming week. But again, nothing with confidence; these moves are big. Maybe I'll do a bit of analysis tomorrow, might be able to discern something... Did you trade cruise and resort stocks as well?

Screenshot_20200606-232022.png

Buffet bought a ton of airlines as well, then proceeded to lose a few billion. He closed the position for a loss. They have wild moves but if you can be on the right side, even a single day can net a fortune.

I don't trade airlines due to the wild moves but I used to trade UAL. It hit some old lines. There is another level under the recent lows, at around 9.43 or so. Might try buying there if it goes. On the other hand, UAL did hit the 49 level so I favor a move down this coming week. But again, nothing with confidence; these moves are big. Maybe I'll do a bit of analysis tomorrow, might be able to discern something... Did you trade cruise and resort stocks as well?

On the weekly level, both the Dow Jones and the S&P 500 have hit respective levels. This implies a short term top; the market, in theory, should go down for 1-2 weeks. I am not going to trade it though; just an observation. Let's see how things play out...

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 9.28.48 AM.png

Animal    120

Very good thread.

• Upvote 1

These are fun! Here's another one, BIDU (known as the Chinese Google).

An open under 123.15 implies a move down from there. It opened above and is currently just above that price. BIDU tends to test those levels and make clean moves, so I'll wait for it to go down tomorrow if it doesn't die today. The purple line at 118.10 is the buy point. I'd like to ride the elevator down and then take the elevator up from there. But, we'll see...

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 9.17.55 AM.png

Looks like the site is a backup from an old one. From what I'd said before, BIDU never hit the level I wanted, but an airlines trade worked out. Typically, 3-4 trades are made each day. However, the market made a large move to the downside today, and volatility may well increase this week. In such cases, the if-then scenarios that have been going on will not be nearly as reliable as they have been. When under those conditions, a greater number of technical factors need to be in one's favor before entering a trade. The margin of error is greatly reduced, because the movements are larger. It is possible to be much more profitable, but much more difficult. Gotta to be super careful.