Aaron

anyone with a decent PC... botw...

Aaron    2048

incase anyone doesn't know, if u have a decent PC, please download cemu, botw and play it at 4k/60fps. 

oh my god. 

BuildTheWalia    253
31 minutes ago, Aaron said:

incase anyone doesn't know, if u have a decent PC, please download cemu, botw and play it at 4k/60fps. 

oh my god. 

Have a working .wud link? It's pretty hard to get them in my experience

Aaron    2048
23 hours ago, BuildTheWalia said:

Have a working .wud link? It's pretty hard to get them in my experience

follow that guide fella

also here is a comparison video which i think is quite cool:

that was posted a year ago. the difference is probably bigger now. we have custom colour grades (i have my own personal one where I've put the green to vanilla-levels whilst keeping everything else pretty much looking incredibly ridiculous cos i feel the light coloured green grass is kinda iconic to BOTW.. and bright green grass looks cartoonish).  this allows us to remove the white fog/white cast which nintendo obviously put on to hide the draw distance, poor texture filtering, poor resolution etc. 

honestly its breathtaking. i even have motion controls enabled on my PS4 dualshock. its literally a BETTER experience than what I had on my switch. 

also don't let the visuals and colour grades distract you from: FUCKING 4K AND 60FPS... CLARIFYING 60 FUCKING FPS. 

its like the switch version is a slide show compared to this shit. 

• Thanks 1

Nate1080    1232

That reminds me:

BotW2 better be a stable 60 FPS. An argument could be made about BotW1 on Switch being held back due to being a WiiU port/Switch rush job, but for BotW2 in 202X there’s no excuse for anything less.

BotW1 not even being a stable 30 on Switch was annoying at random times. It even dipped to around 0-10 frames in Hyrule Castle in some spots.

• Upvote 2

Aaron    2048
16 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

That reminds me:

BotW2 better be a stable 60 FPS. An argument could be made about BotW1 on Switch being held back due to being a WiiU port/Switch rush job, but for BotW2 in 202X there’s no excuse for anything less.

BotW1 not even being a stable 30 on Switch was annoying at random times. It even dipped to around 0-10 frames in Hyrule Castle in some spots.

Yeah its like playing a slide show but tbh im still surprised it can even run on such a tiny machine.

if you compare the graphics of botw1 to xc2.. similar games/scopes, i'd argue xc2 is less complicated yet zelda runs and looks 3x better. we are just limited by the fact we are playing on a portable pc. 

i might do a few screenshots later of this game. 

Aaron    2048

48094538343_73d87c087f_o.png/

48094537853_eae312ae97_o.png

top is a graphical mod available on cemu.  feels like playing a really high end anime game. 

bottom is 4k 60fps vanilla botw. i prefer vanilla i think. theres something just perfect about the colour grading and the white haze which seems to add depth and mystery and disguise things a bit better.  feels like playing an animated film.. 

+Urthor    10229
On 17/06/2019 at 10:57 AM, Nate1080 said:

That reminds me:

The chances of Nintendo upgrading the baseline switch hardware and releasing a game that *isn't* backwards compatible with current Nintendo Switches is literally zero sadly.  

The Nintendo Switch is here to stay and in all likelyhood Nintendo will camp out with this same hardware for another 5 years in order to milk the massive install base for as long as possible.  

Ergo BOTW 2 will be same as BOTW in all regards

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34688
6 hours ago, Urthor said:

The chances of Nintendo upgrading the baseline switch hardware and releasing a game that *isn't* backwards compatible with current Nintendo Switches is literally zero sadly.  

The Nintendo Switch is here to say and in all likelyhood Nintendo will camp out with this same hardware for another 5 years in order to milk the massive install base for as long as possible.  

I think clever coding could make things a little better

but that's "a little" 

»Tygo    14128

BOTW 2 exists solely because they had so many ideas for DLC that they were just like fuck it, lets make <anotha one khaled gif>. Don't expect a huge overworld change or anything like that.

Nate1080    1232
On 6/21/2019 at 2:16 AM, Urthor said:

The Nintendo Switch is here to say and in all likelyhood Nintendo will camp out with this same hardware for another 5 years in order to milk the massive install base for as long as possible.  

I did not say nor imply that they need to upgrade the Switch to make an upgrade to BotW2. I have no idea where you came up with that from, and using that to say therefore BotW2 will be the same as BotW1 is a pretty big leap tbh.

Also, in addition, I don’t even think they need to do that. BotW1 wasn’t made with the Switch in mind in the first place (I’m willing to bet the game was done months, if not a year, before hand and just pushed out onto Switch because they can), BotW2 is and considering that there’s a fair chance of performance improvements. I see no reason to not think a 60 fps (or worse case, a locked 30 fps) BotW2 is possible on baseline Switches.

Also to counter your first sentence, they literally did it with the 3DS. A few times. A system with a much larger install base. Not saying that they will do it, nor that I even want them to do it, just saying that they’ve done it before.

And personally, I see Nintendo pushing their next gen console in 2022 at the latest. They often work on 5 year cycles, with the only outliers being Wii and WiiU (6 and 4 and a half years respectively). And with Next Gen being a thing next year, they have to do something if they want 3rd Party games.

Aaron    2048

i dont think 60fps is happening but i think it will be much better. 

i think we are just a swith v1.5 with bluetooth support for headphones, thinner bezels, a better kickstand.

i personally still hold hope they release a Nintendo 3D switch because the new3DS 3-D tech was actually good.