rei

Laid back chill mafia Day 1

Solstice    396
3 minutes ago, The Antagonist said:

It's more likely that he's town because of it yes, but he's not confirmed by any stretch imo. It's certainly enough to take him off the block for today though.

What do people think of auri? I think it's worth planning for a world where we're wrong on the Soph/Malcolm team and auri is the person I'm least sure about

If Soph is scum and Malcolm isn't (I'd be shocked) I think Auri would be the most likely partner. 

"Sophocles selfvote is meaningless but weird. dunno why you'd attract attention to yourself like that as any role."  Soft defense maybe?  

He was also pretty quick to jump on my Walia train yesterday (dropping his vote on Soph to do so) though to be fair he did tell Francis he would switch back if they could swing it fast enough.  But there were less than 5 minutes for that to happen, so IDK how much stock you want to put into that.  He didn't want a tyranno lynch day 1 either for what it's worth, and hasn't provided many reads.  

48 minutes ago, Solstice said:

If Soph is scum and Malcolm isn't (I'd be shocked) I think Auri would be the most likely partner. 

"Sophocles selfvote is meaningless but weird. dunno why you'd attract attention to yourself like that as any role."  Soft defense maybe?  

He was also pretty quick to jump on my Walia train yesterday (dropping his vote on Soph to do so) though to be fair he did tell Francis he would switch back if they could swing it fast enough.  But there were less than 5 minutes for that to happen, so IDK how much stock you want to put into that

What makes you think broken is confirmed town?

Solstice    396
1 minute ago, Francis J Underwood said:

What makes you think broken is confirmed town?

4 hours ago, Broken Brilliance said:

I don't think we have a healer. Because my role is also that i wont die if im the first or second NK target of the game (so my role is useless now.)

1 hour ago, Solstice said:

BB is 100% town for mentioning he had the same roll as Walia.  Scum would not know or do this.  

1 hour ago, Solstice said:

Unless scum were FORCED to submit NKs (I had a scum game once where I didn't want to make a kill but was told by the host I had to) I can't imagine why they'd bother.  They'd either unnecessarily confirm people people as town or risk taking out the other faction which is not something you want to do early on as those double NKs are necessary for them.  I think it's far more likely that they didn't know.  

Basically the above.  

56 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

^^^ ihy more and more every day

You're growing on me :wub:

In all seriousness though it's down to between auri, soph, malcolm, and antag though i'm leaning more town on antag now

+Sophocles    3093

Scum could've just been given the bulletproof role as a safe claim, meaning they wouldn't know it was everywhere. 

and yeah BB if you've got a better succinct way to describe the role I'm all ears

+Sophocles    3093

If you think BB is town though, you should townread Malcolm even stronger. His softclaim was with 90% certainty motivated by attracting a NK to take advantage of the bulletproof on the 2nd night. And that before the role had even flipped.

+Sophocles    3093

People are skipping over JC/Faint for no reason btw? Remember that he was basically ignored/townread based off of his vote for Tyranno D1, but that faction is now eliminated. 

+Sophocles    3093
2 hours ago, JC. said:

still malcolm because islickz isnt in the game and someone needs to tunnel him incessantly

Note the sidestep/joke on a relatively straightforward question.

JC/Faint is probably one of the remaining two. 

Of the remaining suspects in my book, auri has barely communicated with him. Antag is a worse fit imo

aurirevoir    2879

vote Soph 

I took a sick day yesterday so I found myself available for mafia instead of being stuck at work.  I was bedridden over the weekend so that sucked

aurirevoir    2879

I also have the N1/N2 clause so BB should be town.  I don't think mafia gets that info as a safeclaim

aurirevoir    2879
6 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Walia vote from yesterday still bugs me. Basically, ppl were willing to kill a player that was guaranteed to get mod killed (double stack = ds) until rei confirmed that was not the case 2 mins before EOD. That was not a plus ev play. 

Soph, who made quota, did dick all to help town was saved for no reason. 

I was pretty sure that modkills weren't going to be enforced again because it's 2019 and dgz mafia needs all the bodies it can get, even if they're lifeless and don't post.  I even said day one that we shouldn't push players that would be modkilled but changed my tune after 1) no d1 modkills and 2) that jazz snipe

let's kill soph today.  my vote is locked in today no cap

2 hours ago, The Antagonist said:

It's more likely that he's town because of it yes, but he's not confirmed by any stretch imo. It's certainly enough to take him off the block for today though.

What do people think of auri? I think it's worth planning for a world where we're wrong on the Soph/Malcolm team and auri is the person I'm least sure about

I'll agree that I'm a question mark on most people's town/scum lists.  I didn't put much thought into Malcolm in the early stages, his d1 was sorta shitposty and he appeared to softclaim healer day two and there were no ccs so I took that at face value, hence his placement on my day 2 lists.  If a bunch of other townies had n1/n2 immunity it's worth re-evaluating whether or not a healer even exists

+Sophocles    3093
3 hours ago, JC. said:

are we really going to let auri get away with this blatant claim?

if we're going on lol role slips xd i think auri is town

there is a post that mentions not realizing the game is multiball, and town wincon is `kill scum` while buzzkill wincon was `other factions`

it's good enough for me, at least for this day phase

------

anyway i finally caught up on soph

i think the team is soph + malcolm

Points (Scum)

- Soph gives pos to Tyranno voting for Soph, which is something I do as scum (not a real argument though)

- Soph goes in on Faint, but backtracks later. Malcolm votes for Faint as well at some point long after this interaction.

- Soph says Solstice is playing well, making him more likely to actually do the NK

- Soph makes the catastrophising post of "also ooph if this is all we got in 11 hours scum already won rip". I don't like this because it doesn't actually do anything and fakes concern.

- When Antag pressures Soph on why Soph voted for Jazz instead of BB/Malcolm, Soph gives a defence of Malcolm. Malcolm also posts "soph is wonderful so scum please dont kill him"

--- On day 2, Soph backtracks on this and says they don't like Malcolm but the soft "was completely unnecessary so there's that". Not sure what to make of this, apart from it being a complete 180 of his view the other day with no reasoning provided for why Soph does not like Malcolm any more.

--- Soph then has one more post later on that states Malcolm is likely town.

- At the end of day 1, Jazz notes that he thinks Soph is scum. I think this is one of Jazz's only reads, so if scum did kill him this could be the reason? I still dont get wanting to NK jazz at all though given his total lack of play and near inevitability of getting lynched.

- The recent interaction of going "wait what you're bulletproof too?" seems fake given Soph should have figured this out once Walia flipped. Outing power roles based on this information is a fake concern as well, and Soph should have figured this out, again, once Walia flipped.

This is terrible grounds to crucify me on.

1) Self admittedly not a real argument

2) Changing your opinion on someone as time passes is not a scum tell, especially not on day 1 of all times.

3) This is not true. I did not say they were playing well, I said they were actually playing, which is actually different compared to most of their D1s in the past. You don't need to look for the reason Solstice was targeted as a NK, Occam's razor: it was because they were pseudo-confirmed after Tyranno flipped.

4) Eh, that's helpful townie reach. Activity looked pretty dire, I had to vent.

5) Not a scumtell, anytime you ask 'why X and not Y' you're indirectly going to offer a defence of the other.

6) Fair enough, I didn't provide reasoning, but softing like that is anti-town behaviour at face value. Note that others took exactly this line on Malcolm's D2 action too, which is why I didn't bother explaining.

7) This is a lie or at the very least extremely misleading. I did not have 'one more post later on' townreading Malcolm, there was a flip and multiple claims inbetween these posts that explained Malcolm's soft at the start of D2. 

8) This one actually makes sense but involves ots of speculation.

9) I actually missed the line about Walia being bulletproof but under that reasoning you should be pointing out to us that BB is not at all confirmed town either. 

Outing power roles is a real concern as long as we don't know everyone has that role. 

+Sophocles    3093

Kill JC after I flip, then it's probably auri based on Faint's lack of interaction with him. Possibly Antag but less inclined

aurirevoir    2879
34 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

Note the sidestep/joke on a relatively straightforward question.

JC/Faint is probably one of the remaining two. 

Of the remaining suspects in my book, auri has barely communicated with him. Antag is a worse fit imo

I haven't spoken to BB, Malcolm, or Walia at all in this game either.  what's your point

aurirevoir    2879
2 hours ago, Solstice said:

He was also pretty quick to jump on my Walia train yesterday (dropping his vote on Soph to do so) though to be fair he did tell Francis he would switch back if they could swing it fast enough.  But there were less than 5 minutes for that to happen, so IDK how much stock you want to put into that.  He didn't want a tyranno lynch day 1 either for what it's worth, and hasn't provided many reads.  

you have my d2 list, currently I'm at:

town

myself

Solstice

Faint/JC

likely town

BB (barring some bs with scum getting n1/n2 safeclaim this should be confirmed town)

Francis

???/nontown (in order)

antag

malcolm

soph

1 minute ago, aurirevoir said:

town

myself

how dare you put yourself on your own town list

19 minutes ago, aurirevoir said:

town

myself

Solstice

Faint/JC

likely town

BB (barring some bs with scum getting n1/n2 safeclaim this should be confirmed town)

Francis

???/nontown (in order)

antag

malcolm

soph

What has the Hydra done that has been towny? Don't get me wrong, there are certainly better kill targets, but the hydra's post feel like a non-entity to me (admittedly I only skimmed JC's wall of text)  

Also, your logic on safe claims is bad. You know you get them at start of game. This isn't anything new ppl. 

aurirevoir    2879

ofc they get safeclaims at the start of the game but I doubt that the n1/n2 immunity would have been included.  they wouldn't have run solstice back n2 if they had it

i'll wait to elaborate on hydra.  soph dies today tho

Solstice    396

Votecount:

Soph (2): Francis, Auri

Malcolm (2): Broken, J.C.

everyone has hit quota except Malcolm, so that's nice.  

and showing he isnt active means he probably doesnt care about this game because he has a bad scum partner which is soph, malcolm might be modkill bait too so i'll back off of him for now

unvote

would like to keep day going though in case he shows up