rei

Laid back chill mafia Day 1

»JC.    4993
6 hours ago, Sophocles said:

Note the sidestep/joke on a relatively straightforward question.

JC/Faint is probably one of the remaining two. 

Of the remaining suspects in my book, auri has barely communicated with him. Antag is a worse fit imo

my vote is on malcolm

if you die, i want to kill malcolm tomorrow

this seems pretty straightforward to me

----

a lot of soph's posts today read as "woe is me im getting mislynched make sure to do these things after i die and flip town" despite only having a singular vote

»JC.    4993

fwiw i am still living on a different planet and think francis is the one that softed healer by posting about how he was so sure the healer picked correctly

»JC.    4993
7 hours ago, Sophocles said:

3) This is not true. I did not say they were playing well, I said they were actually playing, which is actually different compared to most of their D1s in the past. You don't need to look for the reason Solstice was targeted as a NK, Occam's razor: it was because they were pseudo-confirmed after Tyranno flipped.

5) Not a scumtell, anytime you ask 'why X and not Y' you're indirectly going to offer a defence of the other.

9) I actually missed the line about Walia being bulletproof but under that reasoning you should be pointing out to us that BB is not at all confirmed town either.

3. you are correct, i read "solstice actually playing is nice" as solstice's play being nice

5. i can see this being nullish since your defence was just "malcolm is fun to play with." this point is more for "if malcolm flips scum, they bothed defended each other", since that is the lynch i am going for

9. i am saying i don't believe you not noticing.

Scum could've just been given the bulletproof role as a safe claim, meaning they wouldn't know it was everywhere. 

and yeah BB if you've got a better succinct way to describe the role I'm all ears

Someone is using his brain. Oh wait its Soph. 

If you think BB is town though, you should townread Malcolm even stronger. His softclaim was with 90% certainty motivated by attracting a NK to take advantage of the bulletproof on the 2nd night. And that before the role had even flipped.

I feel like Solstice or Broken pointed this out already. Would have been better if someone too the next step and followed it with an fos by finding a player who town read broken but scum read malcolm. That's how you catch scum in a contradiction

People are skipping over JC/Faint for no reason btw? Remember that he was basically ignored/townread based off of his vote for Tyranno D1, but that faction is now eliminated. 

This was sheeped off me, but I am QFE. FTR, I think ppl are costing off faint's early posts and just completely ignoring JC's walls of text because they are hard to read. 

2 hours ago, Solstice said:

Votecount:

Soph (2): Francis, Auri

Malcolm (2): Broken, J.C.

everyone has hit quota except Malcolm, so that's nice.  

Votes on Malcolm are pointless. If rei doesn't end him today, he isn't going to end any player. If Malcolm quota snipes, he auto dies.

54 minutes ago, Broken Brilliance said:

and showing he isnt active means he probably doesnt care about this game because he has a bad scum partner which is soph, malcolm might be modkill bait too so i'll back off of him for now

unvote

would like to keep day going though in case he shows up

No No No. You're supposed to be dumb and helping me on the curve. Stop taking your @Logic pills. In all seriousness, 

35 minutes ago, JC. said:

my vote is on malcolm

if you die, i want to kill malcolm tomorrow

this seems pretty straightforward to me

----

a lot of soph's posts today read as "woe is me im getting mislynched make sure to do these things after i die and flip town" despite only having a singular vote

While most of the above logic is rehashed, I don't think this is a fair characterization of Soph's play. A better characterization would be he is stirring the shit pot and seeing what sticks to see if he can move the lynch needle. 

6 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

What has the Hydra done that has been towny? Don't get me wrong, there are certainly better kill targets, but the hydra's post feel like a non-entity to me (admittedly I only skimmed JC's wall of text)  

Also, your logic on safe claims is bad. You know you get them at start of game. This isn't anything new ppl. 

2 hours ago, aurirevoir said:

2 hours ago, aurirevoir said:

ofc they get safeclaims at the start of the game but I doubt that the n1/n2 immunity would have been included.  they wouldn't have run solstice back n2 if they had it

i'll wait to elaborate on hydra.  soph dies today tho

The North remembers Aurirevoir. The North remembers . . . 

FTR, i don't want anyone answering this until he does, but after that i want ppl to seriously tell me what about the Hydras play screams town to them. At best, the Hydra is in the same gray area as Antag to me (bugs me but there are higher priority targets rn).

»JC.    4993

"i have not read JC's posts"

"how are people making reads on JC?"

dgz never changes :wub:

anyway i am currently going through what i consider to be every possible pairing so that should get posted at some point

»JC.    4993

55 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

8 hours ago, Sophocles said:

If you think BB is town though, you should townread Malcolm even stronger. His softclaim was with 90% certainty motivated by attracting a NK to take advantage of the bulletproof on the 2nd night. And that before the role had even flipped.

I feel like Solstice or Broken pointed this out already. Would have been better if someone too the next step and followed it with an fos by finding a player who town read broken but scum read malcolm. That's how you catch scum in a contradiction

choo choo i have come to spoonfeed the thread to you

auri and solstice have made posts like that

whether you want to suspect them for it is up to you

if you want some step done why not do it yourself?

relevant posts (snipped down to relevant parts):

7 hours ago, aurirevoir said:

likely town

BB (barring some bs with scum getting n1/n2 safeclaim this should be confirmed town)

???/nontown (in order)

antag

malcolm

soph

10 hours ago, Solstice said:

BB is 100% town for mentioning he had the same roll as Walia. 

Soph/Malcolm are the most likely scum

+Sophocles    3093

I mean half the game has said they want to lynch me so might as well find some scum while I wait for my death to come

Francis, I don't expect ppl to figure out the Malcolm play on their own so I don't agree it's a scumtell.

+Sophocles    3093

"Whether you want to suspect them for it is up to you" 

<no own read on the matter>

»JC.    4993

i understand you all don't enjoy reading, but please humour me

We should have two scum remaining. I have gone through the thread to figure out which pairings I think make sense.

I did not look at possible pairings with Faint (myself), because I am town. I also did not look at pairings with Francis, because I have a strong suspicion that he is town.

More Likely Scum Teams

1. Malcolm + Soph: They have a mutual defence going.

2. Malcolm + Auri: There are no interactions between them as far as I can tell.

3. BB + Auri: Similar to #2. They do have one liners about being town/scum, but not really anything else.

<very big gap>

4. BB + Solstice: Solstice has listed Soph/Malc as prime targets, and lists Auri as third. Solstice also started day 2 going on Antag for a while. Basically, BB is one of the only members Solstice has not attacked. I think Solstice is unlikely to be scum due to surviving two night kills. This is role speculation, but I don't suspect the Parents to also be bulletproof, because that would mean basically the entire game bar Jazz was safe overnight.

At this point, I will explain some individual players I believe are town.

1. As I mentioned before, I think myself and Francis are town.

2. Solstice is unlikely to be scum if only for clearly having the bulletproof role we all have.

3. After going through the list, I find Antag to have no possible partners, so I have him as town. Antag has been serious about killing Soph/Malcolm and has spent time drawing attention to Auri should that fail. If scum knew one of Soph/Malcolm was town, they would not want to put their partner as the next chopping block when they could win the game instead. Solstice and BB have both put real pressure on Antag.

There are a significant number of pairings I have written off, which I've included below.

1. Malcolm + Antag

2. Malcolm + Solstice

3. Malcolm + BB

Basically, these players have all placed significant pressure on Malcolm and I don't think they would try to bus their teammate like that.

4. Antag + Auri

Antag has listed Auri as 3rd in line should Soph/Malcolm not shake out. This could be distancing, but it seems like a weird time to try to start bussing your partner. If anything, it would be more likely thatt Antag is setting up an Auri mislynch on future days. I don't think Antag is scum, though, as mentioned before.

5. Antag + Soph

The mutual day 1 bus is a terrible strategy. They shouldn't be drawing attention to each other like that as partners under any circumstances.

6. BB + Soph

BB would essentially be letting Soph die between having voted for Soph d2 and unvoting for Malcolm today.

Any combination not mentioned is something I find possible, but not likely enough to considered today.

»JC.    4993
23 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

"Whether you want to suspect them for it is up to you" 

<no own read on the matter>

i was busy working on something else smh

»JC.    4993

if it isnt clear

i do not think solstice is scum

i said earlier today i had auri as a town read. i still do, but acknowledge the possibility that auri could be partners with Malcolm or BB. i personally disagree with the idea that Malcolm scum + BB town is suspicious, because Malcolm + BB does not appear to be among the most likely pairings to me.

»JC.    4993

Soph (2): Francis, Aurirevoir
Malcolm (1): JC
JC (1): Soph

the day doesn't end for like 12 more hours (4:20 EDT) so my vote is staying until we are more confident Malcolm is not posting today. I should be around at EOD, but I will let you know if plans change.

aurirevoir    2879
5 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

The North remembers Aurirevoir. The North remembers . . . 

FTR, i don't want anyone answering this until he does, but after that i want ppl to seriously tell me what about the Hydras play screams town to them. At best, the Hydra is in the same gray area as Antag to me (bugs me but there are higher priority targets rn).

Thought I had a read on Hydra being cop but that doesn't appear to be the case after this morning's posting

aurirevoir    2879

ebwop referring to my vote

Malcolm's Multi    1803

I’m sorry guys. I had a pretty eventful day and it sucked. 

I havent read through but I am going to try real quick

• Sad 1

Malcolm's Multi    1803

I think my play saying I’m healer is pretty obviously me trying to take the bullet night two. I didn’t know we all have it so of course I would want to take the nk

16 minutes ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

I’m sorry guys. I had a pretty eventful day and it sucked. 

I havent read through but I am going to try real quick

Sorry to hear that but at least you didnt take the bar 

»JC.    4993

as someone who plays mafia almost entirely for the social interaction, i don't think it is productive to compare who is having a worse week like that francis

hope you feel better malc

hope you didnt fail your exam francis