rei

Laid back chill mafia Day 1

13 hours ago, JC. said:

choo choo i have come to spoonfeed the thread to you

auri and solstice have made posts like that

whether you want to suspect them for it is up to you

if you want some step done why not do it yourself?

relevant posts (snipped down to relevant parts):

Was 2 am est and i had work. Didnt have time to go theu the thread and was hoping i could atbleast point ppl in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, aurirevoir said:

Thought I had a read on Hydra being cop but that doesn't appear to be the case after this morning's posting

This read is outta left field to me and i am good at role reads: Why did you think this?

my thoughts on the hydra still stand. JC posts a lot of crap but none of it is focused on giving us a particular target. He is just shotgunning scattering everyone which just serves to create confusion. Still do not see why ppl are townreading him (ignoring him is something separate entirely)

Auri’s read on him as cop as an excuse to town read him bothers me since i see no justification for it. 

getting in my reads before eod

+rei+    34769

Sophocles was killed!

You are the butt of jokes, a decent deliverer of snark, and living in the constant fear of feet up your ass, you are Eric Forman

You're town though. You win when scum is gone

Also if you're one of the first two players targeted by a nightkill, you don't die! 

And no you don't get to know what happens in a tie, but I'd advise against it. You're better than that, be decisive. Tying is for people with no chill

Night  ends at 11 AM EDT tomorrow 

I haven't counted quota yet I'm really fucking sick could someone do that for me and msg me? thanks

+Sophocles    3136

Hello, is this the Salty Spittoon?

image0.png

No this is posi vibes so I ain't even mad

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34769

JC was murderated last night

You know what you're problem is? I'm too good looking

Your character in a nutshell, you are Michael Kelso

You're town though. You win when scum is gone

Also if you're one of the first two players targeted by a nightkill, you don't die! 

4:20pm tomorrow yadayada

• Upvote 1

»JC.    5091

bless you

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34769

someone make konosuba mafia next 

• Haha 1

JC dying there bothers me. Seriously gives me alive = scum wifom on certain players. Someone check if he claimed his role (on mobile so I cannot.). I am mot sure that he did given Auri’s cop read, but If he did, the plot thickens because then this kill was most likely made because his logic was a threat.

Solstice was allowed to live despite being gone after 2x. At this point, i think we can safely assume Jazz’s faction attempted to kill Solstice both nights (dont think two factions would risk overlapping a kill) 

Its d3, malcolm has given us nothing and has not been targeted despite an attempt to draw a kill. 

Solstice    396

I'm assuming J.C. got killed because I mentioned I read Faint as a healer due to the Malcolm interaction, and I guess scum were PR hunting and didn't think that line of thought was completely unreasonable.  (I think Auri mentioned also reading him as a cop somehow?)  Scum probably left me alive with the assumption that I'm a non PR weaker player that might steer more mislynches for them (ala Walia).  I still think Broken is town based on his role claim yesterday, and I still think Malcolm is scum because his play has been awful (wrong on both me and faint).  Malcolm should be the lynch today, but in terms of a partner I'm actually leaning towards Francis.  To elaborate a bit:

The players targeted for a NK have been me, Jazz, and J.C.  Of those I think most would only consider J.C. a strong player, as everybody knows I suck and from what I remember scum usually likes to keep Jazz alive until near endgame.  This begs the question of why stronger players like Malcolm and Francis haven't been taken out.  Malcolm is heavily scum read at this point and trying to play around doc N1 is a thing, so on the extremely off chance he's town I do see scum's reasoning for avoiding him.  I don't see that reasoning with Francis.  Avoiding doc N1 still applies, but him steering the tyranno lynch should give him huge towncred making him a high priority target, especially with how he's been steering town these last couple of days.  Yet he's still here.

Francis also shot down every attempt Walia, myself, or Faint made to dig into Macolm day 2.  He chose Soph over Malcolm yesterday, and berated BB for unvoting Soph in favor of Malcolm based on a flavor claim.  Despite all this, I believe Malcolm has given 0 reads on Francis.  I also believe Francis was PR hunting in thread yesterday.  He specifically asked me if a had a PR claim that made me so certain of Broken's alignment.  He tries to shade broken despite what I think should be a clear town indicator.  He tried to shade me when I survived the nightkill and wasn't targeted again today.  He also was adamant about wondering why people townread J.C. (presumably trying to find something to put him on the lynch block or dig up another PR) and when his suspicion of J.C. failed to gain much traction he offed him (Francis mentioned earlier in the thread that scum should NK players that will be hard to lynch).  

17 minutes ago, Solstice said:

I'm assuming J.C. got killed because I mentioned I read Faint as a healer due to the Malcolm interaction, and I guess scum were PR hunting and didn't think that line of thought was completely unreasonable.  (I think Auri mentioned also reading him as a cop somehow?)  Scum probably left me alive with the assumption that I'm a non PR weaker player that might steer more mislynches for them (ala Walia).  I still think Broken is town based on his role claim yesterday, and I still think Malcolm is scum because his play has been awful (wrong on both me and faint).  Malcolm should be the lynch today, but in terms of a partner I'm actually leaning towards Francis.  To elaborate a bit:

The players targeted for a NK have been me, Jazz, and J.C.  Of those I think most would only consider J.C. a strong player, as everybody knows I suck and from what I remember scum usually likes to keep Jazz alive until near endgame.  This begs the question of why stronger players like Malcolm and Francis haven't been taken out.  Malcolm is heavily scum read at this point and trying to play around doc N1 is a thing, so on the extremely off chance he's town I do see scum's reasoning for avoiding him.  I don't see that reasoning with Francis.  Avoiding doc N1 still applies, but him steering the tyranno lynch should give him huge towncred making him a high priority target, especially with how he's been steering town these last couple of days.  Yet he's still here.

Francis also shot down every attempt Walia, myself, or Faint made to dig into Macolm day 2.  He chose Soph over Malcolm yesterday, and berated BB for unvoting Soph in favor of Malcolm based on a flavor claim.  Despite all this, I believe Malcolm has given 0 reads on Francis.  I also believe Francis was PR hunting in thread yesterday.  He specifically asked me if a had a PR claim that made me so certain of Broken's alignment.  He tries to shade broken despite what I think should be a clear town indicator.  He tried to shade me when I survived the nightkill and wasn't targeted again today.  He also was adamant about wondering why people townread J.C. (presumably trying to find something to put him on the lynch block or dig up another PR) and when his suspicion of J.C. failed to gain much traction he offed him (Francis mentioned earlier in the thread that scum should NK players that will be hard to lynch).  

Malcolm claimed healer and no one, including you, gave us any reason to doubt his claim. Idc that you or several players fosd him. He was unccd healer. Killing him was a hoorendous play there. I am tired of you bringing this up against me when you knew what he was doing and did not call him on it. FOS

We have had three days so lets talk about what I have steered. I was the most vocal advocate for killing Tyranno who is confirmed scum. I wanted Soph dead on d2 but town decided to doublestack a mod kill target. Guess what we would have been better off listening to me cause watcher got trained off. Finally, i got my wish on d3 and there was no reason to think id pursue any other target.

Finally, you ignore a very simple reason to leave me alive — alive = scum suspicion. Malcolm, for example, leaves rei alive because if rei dies and he doesnt, he gets alive = scum’d. It’s no different for me here. 

Conversely, you are a mod confirmed kill target x2. Everything you said about me applies to you even more strongly since the only argument against you is the two factions killing each other off, which renders you nearly impossible to lynch. Given I know that, if you dont think id kill you over JC, you are insane. 

Solstice    396

My problem with you Francis is you've basically had zero town reads this game.  It's always "I still question this person BUT there are more pressing targets".  Even with people who should be clear townreads due to mechanics (me, broken) you still have to spin a paranoia world where we can possibly be scum.  Making sure to keep a lynch avenue open for EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. reeks of scum.  When people disagree with you, you bully them or threaten to lynch them instead (as much as you say you wanted a Spoh lynch day 2 you were willing to drop it in favor of the people pushing Malcolm, who were, Surprise!, all town).  What faint/ J.C. said about Malcolm's claim is absolutely true, it reeks of bullshit even WITHOUT knowing my role.  I should never be a N1 heal target (outside of a claimed PR) because 

1. There are far better players to be protecting.   You steered the tyranno lynch, if I was doc I would have protected you N1.  Even Malcolm would have made more sense than me.

2. Nobody in the history of DGZ mafia has targeted me for a NK unless I was a claimed PR up until this game.  Therefore the logical assumption should be that a heal on me N1 would be completely wasted, even if I was the healer's strongest townread.  

3.  The fact that anyone would believe Malcolm would do a 180 from "Solstice is my strongest scumread and I want them dead" to "Solstice is 100% town and I'm going to heal them" over a tyranno flip when I preferred killing Malcolm & antag and Malcolm scumread tyranno anyway is completely nuts.  Walia and Faint picked up on this without knowing my role, and you are a much smarter player than them.  The fact you wouldn't let anyone question this even AFTER faint pointed out the soft (when scum would already be aware of the healer claim) screams scum to me.  

Now that we are aware of 2 scum teams and that tyranno was not on the remaining one, your leading the tyranno lynch holds a lot less credit.  It's true scum normally wouldn't want to take out another faction early on, but like I mentioned earlier this is much less likely to apply if one faction is extremely townread and full of strong players.  If you are town, scum should want to take you out for being a strong player and leading town.  It's well known that it's unlikely for Malcolm to be able to solo as scum due to alive = scum with him, so if Malcolm's partner is someone the other faction would likely be interested in taking out it makes sense the remaining scum team would want them dead before that could happen.  Killing tyranno off early on builds you towncred, and picking off jazz makes sure the other faction can't take you out via NK.  Being that broken and I are basically confirmed via mechanics, you have an excuse for staying alive at night.  

I agree with Broken that Malcolm is the first priority here, but town should be after you tomorrow.

I don't like either francis or solstice's argument of reading into NKs because it is the actual literal textbook definition of wifom.

I think today is a clear malcolm lynch and it's worth discussing who his partner is. (sick reads coming soon)

1 minute ago, The Antagonist said:

I don't like either francis or solstice's argument of reading into NKs because it is the actual literal textbook definition of wifom.

I think today is a clear malcolm lynch and it's worth discussing who his partner is. (sick reads coming soon)

That sick read is either Auri or Francis at this point I assume?

I think I lean auri here because I don't think it can be francis.

I liked francis's play a lot on d1. He defends malcolm on d2 (and d3?) but he defends him extremely hard - I don't think this is the action of a player who knows that when malcolm flips the suspicion goes directly to him. It's wifom but I don't see Francis drawing attention to himself like that. If it had been a soft defense I would buy Francis/Malcolm more. 

interested to hear auri's and francis's thoughts on malcolm

9 minutes ago, The Antagonist said:

I think I lean auri here because I don't think it can be francis.

Wow I read your mind! And you didn't list me at all, the world must be ending

I mean it's not exactly hard to come to that conclusion if I accept that you're town based on roles, combined with the fact that I don't see you + Malcolm as a team based on your votes