rei

Laid back chill mafia Day 1

I'm on mobile so somebody else is gonna have to do a handy dandy vote count if rei doesn't

Just now, Francis J Underwood said:

?

I hadn't unvoted my prior vote. I figure it prevents confusion when tabulating the vote count. Idk maybe I'm just being silly

@Mod @rei what is the situation with majority? And if it's active it would be 6 correct?

Faint    5869

Tyranno, what are your thoughts so far?

10 minutes ago, Faint said:

fos

tyranno has put out his thoughts on the major interaction already and this smells of "let me look like I'm contributing"

6 minutes ago, Faint said:

A little stunted ATM since I'm on mobile unfortunately but I'm really not caring for Jazz's logic but I find it highly unlikely that Jazz would bus their team mate @ such an early hr that by believing scumwood's attack on Solstice is balently from a scum mindset by assuming that scummywood is our reality I have to assume we are also in the reality where Jazz correctly metagamed scumwood. Time will tell if I'm right.

1 minute ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

A little stunted ATM since I'm on mobile unfortunately but I'm really not caring for Jazz's logic but I find it highly unlikely that Jazz would bus their team mate @ such an early hr that by believing scumwood's attack on Solstice is balently from a scum mindset by assuming that scummywood is our reality I have to assume we are also in the reality where Jazz correctly metagamed scumwood. Time will tell if I'm right.

There is a serious problem with the mindset that pressuring a player who consistently doesn't contribute and constatnly gets left alive until the end of games because he cannot make his alignment transparent unless he fears dying is a scum mindset. 

1 minute ago, Francis J Underwood said:

There is a serious problem with the mindset that pressuring a player who consistently doesn't contribute and constatnly gets left alive until the end of games because he cannot make his alignment transparent unless he fears dying is a scum mindset. 

Is that true though? I feel like I recall Solstice's game having improved.

Solstice    396
49 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Vote Solstice.

Let me tell you how this is going to go. Solstice will make one more post today that won't be content relevant. He will post a big read list tomorrow that ultimately will hedge everything and then he will meet quota and we still won't know jack shit about his alignment. 

If that's the case, I'd rather just kill him now. 

I was waiting for everyone to post before I tried making reads, particularly Malcolm since if he's town his reads are worth more than ten of mine anyway.  But if you're that impatient to hear what I have so far, here you go:

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

I don’t like the how Francis is acting like helpful town so early “I messaged Malcolm etc”

soph and tyranno did the same thing so it may seem contradictory that I’m not calling them out, but it’s more within their characters to do so, not so for Francis imo

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Missed you too babe

I like Jazz for town.  Jazz was one of the first people to make a "let's start solving the game" post, which is very on par for town Jazz.  He's response to faint also feels very natural and fits what'd I'd expect from him.  

1 hour ago, Sophocles said:

I mean, right after I pinged people on discord I realised it could be interpreted as breaking the rules because it's talking about the game outside of it and could be considered alignment-indicative...

So in the interest of self-preservation and good fun I'd prefer to treat alerting people at the game start as non-indicative. The site issues threw a wrench in the start of the game and I'd rather everything get up and running asap

Originally I was with Tyranno in that Soph's self-voting is not a town centered thing, but I thought pointing it out would get me attacked for going after "low-hanging fruit".  However this post changed my mind on his alignment, as this doesn't seem like something scum would worry about or overly want to encourage.  

33 minutes ago, Faint said:

Unvote

vote francis

reading based on games from ages ago and using it to try and justify a lynch

Scum!francis would be justified in it

Town!francis wouldn't because bad solstice is still not the worst player in a game that includes broken fucking brilliance

32 minutes ago, Faint said:

Looking for justification to lynch a player even if he flips town based on literally nothing is something that only benefits scum.

I like faint for town, particularly for the second quote and the last line in the first quote.  I understand that I'm not a strong player, though I believe it's normal for Francis to push for lynching the weaker players regardless of his alignment.  If he's town he gets rid of the question marks and potential liabilities, and if he's scum it's an easy lynch that he's unlikely to get a lot of heat for.  I personally disagree with it as I believe lynching the weakest players early on over and over again is bad for the health of your playerbase in the long run, but I do understand it has short term benefits as it is more likely to help you win the immediate game.  

What I don't understand is why I got singled out over players like Walia, who hasn't contributed anything more content relevant than me yet doesn't necessarily have my reputation of being a potato day 1.  Unfortunately Francis is actually right that this kind of behavior is 'normal' for me (I generally suck at reads unless I have some flips to go off of, which is why my day 1s are usually always terrible) but I like faint for pointing out he hasn't called anyone else out for the same stuff.

25 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Missed this cause it wasn't quoted. Broken Brilliance establishes he is town very easily. I don't have any reason to pressure him because he is transparent. Same deal with Auri. I will know from one post what Auri's alignment is and hence have no reason to pressure him either. 

I want to pressure people whose alignments I am not going to be able to figure out. Sols fits that description. 

Also how the hell does Broken easily establish himself as town?  I feel like guessing his alignment based on a coin toss has about the same chance of success as guessing it based on previous posts.  You're going to have to explain this.

If you want my scum lean for the moment it'd be tyranno.  I am not a good enough player that I should have multiple people defending me back to back, so tyranno piggyback on faint with that is kind of suspect.  The vote thrown on Francis (also following faint) only to quickly be revoked also doesn't sit well with me.  Also if anyone's trying to appear "overly helpful townie" in this game, it's tyranno.

I also want to re-visit walia later after he's posted more, particularly after I have some reads from him and Malcolm.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Solstice said:

If you want my scum lean for the moment it'd be tyranno.  I am not a good enough player that I should have multiple people defending me back to back, so tyranno piggyback on faint with that is kind of suspect.  The vote thrown on Francis (also following faint) only to quickly be revoked also doesn't sit well with me.  Also if anyone's trying to appear "overly helpful townie" in this game, it's tyranno.

I suppose it's fair to accuse me of being a piggy backer whose just trying to appear helpful (although I swear I was gonna go after Francis and faint beat me to the punch) but I would like to clarify that my vote is still in fact on scumwood and i only unvoted and revoted because I forgot to unvote the first time to vote 4 Francis.

1 minute ago, Solstice said:

I was waiting for everyone to post before I tried making reads, particularly Malcolm since if he's town his reads are worth more than ten of mine anyway.  But if you're that impatient to hear what I have so far, here you go:

I like Jazz for town.  Jazz was one of the first people to make a "let's start solving the game" post, which is very on par for town Jazz.  He's response to faint also feels very natural and fits what'd I'd expect from him.  

Originally I was with Tyranno in that Soph's self-voting is not a town centered thing, but I thought pointing it out would get me attacked for going after "low-hanging fruit".  However this post changed my mind on his alignment, as this doesn't seem like something scum would worry about or overly want to encourage.  

I like faint for town, particularly for the second quote and the last line in the first quote.  I understand that I'm not a strong player, though I believe it's normal for Francis to push for lynching the weaker players regardless of his alignment.  If he's town he gets rid of the question marks and potential liabilities, and if he's scum it's an easy lynch that he's unlikely to get a lot of heat for.  I personally disagree with it as I believe lynching the weakest players early on over and over again is bad for the health of your playerbase in the long run, but I do understand it has short term benefits as it is more likely to help you win the immediate game.  

What I don't understand is why I got singled out over players like Walia, who hasn't contributed anything more content relevant than me yet doesn't necessarily have my reputation of being a potato day 1.  Unfortunately Francis is actually right that this kind of behavior is 'normal' for me (I generally suck at reads unless I have some flips to go off of, which is why my day 1s are usually always terrible) but I like faint for pointing out he hasn't called anyone else out for the same stuff.

Also how the hell does Broken easily establish himself as town?  I feel like guessing his alignment based on a coin toss has about the same chance of success as guessing it based on previous posts.  You're going to have to explain this.

I also want to re-visit walia later after he's posted more, particularly after I have some reads from him and Malcolm.  

Walia gives me content. Hell I even push Walia for the content he gives when I don't agree with it. If Walia is scum, he isn't gonna float. 

I have 0 issues reading broken. Want to know the trick? Look at his votes. They are typically very alignment indicative. His reads and his votes toe party lines. I singled you out because, as you admit, getting a read on your alignment is like drawing blood from a stone and I don't have to draw blood from the stone with 8/11 in this game. Forcing you to contribute now instead of end of day tomorrow as is your custom allows me to get a read on you and, if necessary, kill you today instead of giving you a free pass because for the day because of your normal play style. 

For the record, this isn't lynching the weakest player. This is forcing the player who maf is going to leave alive to do something to prevent that.There is a difference.  

Unvote. Scumread on Tyranno is legit for the reasons mentioned and mirrors my thoughts on him. I'll just add that Tyranno also hedged his vote with his logic on disliking Jazz. I don't like that @Faint defended you and disagree with your reason for townreading him, but him questioning @TheGoldenTyranno makes me feel like he caught on to suspecting @TheGoldenTyranno

• Upvote 1

Unvote. Feel like I totally misconstrued what Francis was going for because now it's clear he wasn't going for a simple policy lynch on Solstice but rather using his vote to get a read and avoid a ?. l just got done with work I think my brain might be half fried tbh. 

• Upvote 1

I think i need to just get home and get some rest and come back to the game better prepared. Also feel like if I stay I as is I'm gonna cause chaos where there need not be. Also I can get on PC at home.

+rei+    34727

Day ends on majority with no quota modkills 

Majority is six 

aurirevoir    2879

Hey everyone, glad to be here.  Mafia is fun.

I would like to see Francis divine my alignment from this post

• Upvote 1

Faint    5869
1 hour ago, The Antagonist said:

fos

tyranno has put out his thoughts on the major interaction already and this smells of "let me look like I'm contributing"

I've contributed more in 3 posts than you likely will this whole day phase, this is 100% you trying to look like you're doing something without actually contributing at all. Huge HoS

Tyranno jumped on my attack on francis for the wrong reasons and I wanted his thoughts to see if he could articulate at all. Unfortunately, he couldn't.

unvote francis

tyranno your logic on jazz being the reason for jumping in francis was retarded. 

My issue with tyranno atm is that it ISNT indicative. Like if there was logical reason at all behind his posts then we could either agree or point out flaws but it's just super jumpy overexcited tyranno, frustrating to deal with :')

Antags weak asspull on me was dumb as fuck and a BIG nothing contribution when there is plenty to contribute and weigh in on already. Going to bed now but @The Antagonist I expect some actual contribution when l wake up cos that was fucking dreadful 

Faint    5869
2 minutes ago, aurirevoir said:

Hey everyone, glad to be here.  Mafia is fun.

I would like to see Francis divine my alignment from this post

Wow francis was right

Auri is scum confirmed gotten boys

• Upvote 1

aurirevoir    2879

after a quick read I like Francis' approach toward Solstice - might be biased because I've never played a game with Solstice and have no info but it looks like a reasonable town line.

as for the responses tyranno gets the most attention from me.  Faint seems town, don't have much of a read on Jazz atm.  Sophocles selfvote is meaningless but weird. dunno why you'd attract attention to yourself like that as any role.

1 minute ago, aurirevoir said:

after a quick read I like Francis' approach toward Solstice - might be biased because I've never played a game with Solstice and have no info but it looks like a reasonable town line.

as for the responses tyranno gets the most attention from me.  Faint seems town, don't have much of a read on Jazz atm.  Sophocles selfvote is meaningless but weird. dunno why you'd attract attention to yourself like that as any role.

I missed you the most. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Faint said:

I've contributed more in 3 posts than you likely will this whole day phase, this is 100% you trying to look like you're doing something without actually contributing at all. Huge HoS

Tyranno jumped on my attack on francis for the wrong reasons and I wanted his thoughts to see if he could articulate at all. Unfortunately, he couldn't.

unvote francis

tyranno your logic on jazz being the reason for jumping in francis was retarded. 

My issue with tyranno atm is that it ISNT indicative. Like if there was logical reason at all behind his posts then we could either agree or point out flaws but it's just super jumpy overexcited tyranno, frustrating to deal with :')

Antags weak asspull on me was dumb as fuck and a BIG nothing contribution when there is plenty to contribute and weigh in on already. Going to bed now but @The Antagonist I expect some actual contribution when l wake up cos that was fucking dreadful 

I am more interested in @TheGoldenTyranno's thoughts on Antag. 

aurirevoir    2879

I could make an official dgz mafia announcement but stopped doing that after a while.  it was nice being pseudo-confirmed town cause I never faked it, but at some point it made the game less fun and I didn't want to promote that kind of gameplay

very excited to see more walia/malcolm/antag posting :]

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I am more interested in @TheGoldenTyranno's thoughts on Antag. 

Needs to post more. He has 3 posts 2 of which are voting and unvoting u sir as their intro. I'm not really sure their is anything majorly alignment indicative about Antag's fos of Faint. I mean I don't think it's a fair attack on Faint because I think my thoughts where lacking but all in all I say null.

2 hours ago, The Antagonist said:

fos