rei

Laid back chill mafia Day 1

BuildTheWalia    260
2 hours ago, Solstice said:

What I don't understand is why I got singled out over players like Walia, who hasn't contributed anything more content relevant than me yet doesn't necessarily have my reputation of being a potato day 1

Oh my sweet summer child

1 hour ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Walia gives me content. Hell I even push Walia for the content he gives when I don't agree with it. If Walia is scum, he isn’t gonna float.

I’m gonna participate this game, just you watch me.

57 minutes ago, Faint said:

tyranno your logic on jazz being the reason for jumping in francis was retarded. 

My issue with tyranno atm is that it ISNT indicative. Like if there was logical reason at all behind his posts then we could either agree or point out flaws but it's just super jumpy overexcited tyranno, frustrating to deal with :')

So you wouldn’t say this indicates a town tyranno if it’s how he usually plays? Does he play scum the same way?

36 minutes ago, aurirevoir said:

Sophocles selfvote is meaningless but weird. dunno why you'd attract attention to yourself like that as any role.

2 hours ago, Solstice said:

Originally I was with Tyranno in that Soph's self-voting is not a town centered thing, but I thought pointing it out would get me attacked for going after "low-hanging fruit". 

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Needs to post more. He has 3 posts 2 of which are voting and unvoting u sir as their intro. I'm not really sure their is anything majorly alignment indicative about Antag's fos of Faint. I mean I don't think it's a fair attack on Faint because I think my thoughts where lacking but all in all I say null.

I think the best course of action is to basically disregard most of the content on page 1. I think reading too much into things like the shitpost votes and people getting in contact with other players to start the game is how mafia can jump in and try to dictate how the day plays out.

BuildTheWalia    260
31 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Needs to post more. He has 3 posts 2 of which are voting and unvoting u sir as their intro. I'm not really sure their is anything majorly alignment indicative about Antag's fos of Faint. I mean I don't think it's a fair attack on Faint because I think my thoughts where lacking but all in all I say null.

THAT BEING SAID, this post kinda sucks. Antag’s fos on faint was at least a little suspicious, and you should try to communicate that more if you don’t think it was a fair attack. Not saying your overall conclusion of a null read is wrong (especially since there’s no other content from him to go off of), I just think how you got there was jumping a step or two.

Solstice    396
43 minutes ago, BuildTheWalia said:

I think the best course of action is to basically disregard most of the content on page 1. I think reading too much into things like the shitpost votes and people getting in contact with other players to start the game is how mafia can jump in and try to dictate how the day plays out.

35 minutes ago, BuildTheWalia said:

THAT BEING SAID, this post kinda sucks. Antag’s fos on faint was at least a little suspicious, and you should try to communicate that more if you don’t think it was a fair attack. Not saying your overall conclusion of a null read is wrong (especially since there’s no other content from him to go off of), I just think how you got there was jumping a step or two.

I like this.  Walia has absolved himself for the time being.

I want to hear from Jazz and Malcolm; Malcolm hasn't posted yet and Jazz isn't blowing up the thread like he usually does.  What's on your mind?

+Sophocles    3093
4 hours ago, Faint said:

Unvote

vote francis

reading based on games from ages ago and using it to try and justify a lynch

Scum!francis would be justified in it

Town!francis wouldn't because bad solstice is still not the worst player in a game that includes broken fucking brilliance

4 hours ago, Faint said:

Track record from ages ago

There is literally no town benefit from such a ridiculous callout

4 hours ago, Faint said:

Looking for justification to lynch a player even if he flips town based on literally nothing is something that only benefits scum.

Faint going aggro as fuck, espeially this early, throws up warning flags for me

+Sophocles    3093

Solstice actually playing is nice, looking good. (My post from a few hours back was facetious, Francis nailed their play pattern p spot on)

+Sophocles    3093
3 hours ago, Faint said:

I've contributed more in 3 posts than you likely will this whole day phase, this is 100% you trying to look like you're doing something without actually contributing at all. Huge HoS

Tyranno jumped on my attack on francis for the wrong reasons and I wanted his thoughts to see if he could articulate at all. Unfortunately, he couldn't.

unvote francis

tyranno your logic on jazz being the reason for jumping in francis was retarded. 

My issue with tyranno atm is that it ISNT indicative. Like if there was logical reason at all behind his posts then we could either agree or point out flaws but it's just super jumpy overexcited tyranno, frustrating to deal with :')

Antags weak asspull on me was dumb as fuck and a BIG nothing contribution when there is plenty to contribute and weigh in on already. Going to bed now but @The Antagonist I expect some actual contribution when l wake up cos that was fucking dreadful 

Actually disregard my earlier post, this could very well be Faint's 'I go so aggro people have to townread me' play

and now I should stop metareading

+Sophocles    3093
4 hours ago, The Antagonist said:

fos

tyranno has put out his thoughts on the major interaction already and this smells of "let me look like I'm contributing"

This seems extremely lazy, if you're going to pick apart a specific comment or post because they have a helpful townie vibe, you might as well do with a bunch of other posts posted before this one. You're also disregarding the larger framework of the game - going in direct conflict with Francis on the previous page doesn't really fit with a scum!Faint trying to look like helpful townie, does it?

Would like better content from you because this doesn't cut it and frankly looks pretty scummy. FoS

Faint    5869
3 hours ago, Sophocles said:

This seems extremely lazy, if you're going to pick apart a specific comment or post because they have a helpful townie vibe, you might as well do with a bunch of other posts posted before this one. You're also disregarding the larger framework of the game - going in direct conflict with Francis on the previous page doesn't really fit with a scum!Faint trying to look like helpful townie, does it?

Would like better content from you because this doesn't cut it and frankly looks pretty scummy. FoS

Yeah this is a better articulation of my thoughts towards antag at the moment

Faint    5869
4 hours ago, Sophocles said:

Faint going aggro as fuck, espeially this early, throws up warning flags for me

Liverpool conceded and cost me 8 fantasy football points I was pretty angry last night :') 

However- I still back myself in saying that I disagreed with francis going straight at solstice from nothing and trying to justify a potential town lynch with "he isnt helpful late game so doesnt matter lol" 

But I guess it got solstice playing, and my play got tyranno to jump on the francis bandwagon with no legitimate justification which is a far bigger red flag  imo (though not sure if I can put this down to him just being bad town who cant articulate his thoughts)

Faint    5869
6 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I am more interested in @TheGoldenTyranno's thoughts on Antag. 

Why? hmm...

6 hours ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Dont like this at all. Such a wishy washy post

• Upvote 1

Faint    5869

@BuildTheWalia I'm honestly atm leaning town tyranno cos from memory his scumgame is far far better than this wishy washy rubbish hes posting.  This is a real meta read :') 

aurirevoir    2879

vote antag if only because they've pushed my current town reads.  tyranno posting has been sloppy but I think we'll have a better idea of his alignment with more time/posting.

broken and malcolm have yet to make a post over 10 words tho so we'll see

14 hours ago, Faint said:

Tyranno, what are your thoughts so far?

I read this post as not useful because Tyranno had a vote out on francis with reasoning given, and the reasoning fit in line with what I expect from an early tyranno vote. would rather have had you ask him directly to explain why he voted because this post was very vague.

12 hours ago, Faint said:

Tyranno jumped on my attack on francis for the wrong reasons and I wanted his thoughts to see if he could articulate at all. Unfortunately, he couldn't.

unvote francis

I like this explanation though, so I'm no longer suspicious of the other post.

9 hours ago, Sophocles said:

I don't consider any of the "make sure everyone is playing" posts game relevant content. It's been a long time and we all just want to have an actual game, so I'm not even reading who posts them. They're only really relevant if they're being used to sneak in quota. Other than that I didn't read anything else which felt "helpful townie", and I'd rather add new content than parrot the discussion on the previous page without adding anything.

I don't think there's enough of a framework to say there's a conflict. If faint had just made the one push and then a bunch of helpful townie posts, it would be suspicious, which is why I preemptively brought it up. He hasn't, so it's not.

----

3 hours ago, aurirevoir said:

vote antag if only because they've pushed my current town reads.  tyranno posting has been sloppy but I think we'll have a better idea of his alignment with more time/posting.

broken and malcolm have yet to make a post over 10 words tho so we'll see

don't like this. I've made one post weakly pushing 1 person (faint), if I thought it was super scummy I would've voted him. this seems like you're jumping on the read wagon to blend in as town. also the fact that you completely ignore that francis had also pointed suspicion at faint is worrying. fos

I actually lean town on faint (despite him channelling isaac) because of this:

5 hours ago, Faint said:

Why? hmm...

Dont like this at all. Such a wishy washy post

it's exactly the thoughts I had while reading through on both counts.

----

14 hours ago, Solstice said:

I was waiting for everyone to post before I tried making reads, particularly Malcolm since if he's town his reads are worth more than ten of mine anyway.  But if you're that impatient to hear what I have so far, here you go:

I like Jazz for town.  Jazz was one of the first people to make a "let's start solving the game" post, which is very on par for town Jazz.  He's response to faint also feels very natural and fits what'd I'd expect from him.  

Originally I was with Tyranno in that Soph's self-voting is not a town centered thing, but I thought pointing it out would get me attacked for going after "low-hanging fruit".  However this post changed my mind on his alignment, as this doesn't seem like something scum would worry about or overly want to encourage.  

I like faint for town, particularly for the second quote and the last line in the first quote.  I understand that I'm not a strong player, though I believe it's normal for Francis to push for lynching the weaker players regardless of his alignment.  If he's town he gets rid of the question marks and potential liabilities, and if he's scum it's an easy lynch that he's unlikely to get a lot of heat for.  I personally disagree with it as I believe lynching the weakest players early on over and over again is bad for the health of your playerbase in the long run, but I do understand it has short term benefits as it is more likely to help you win the immediate game.  

What I don't understand is why I got singled out over players like Walia, who hasn't contributed anything more content relevant than me yet doesn't necessarily have my reputation of being a potato day 1.  Unfortunately Francis is actually right that this kind of behavior is 'normal' for me (I generally suck at reads unless I have some flips to go off of, which is why my day 1s are usually always terrible) but I like faint for pointing out he hasn't called anyone else out for the same stuff.

Also how the hell does Broken easily establish himself as town?  I feel like guessing his alignment based on a coin toss has about the same chance of success as guessing it based on previous posts.  You're going to have to explain this.

If you want my scum lean for the moment it'd be tyranno.  I am not a good enough player that I should have multiple people defending me back to back, so tyranno piggyback on faint with that is kind of suspect.  The vote thrown on Francis (also following faint) only to quickly be revoked also doesn't sit well with me.  Also if anyone's trying to appear "overly helpful townie" in this game, it's tyranno.

I also want to re-visit walia later after he's posted more, particularly after I have some reads from him and Malcolm.  

disagree with the bolded logic. yes he was one of the first people to start making reads, but like I said the "get everyone playing" posts are non-indicative to me so imo the read is poor. 

I do like the rest of the post though and I like Solstice atm. Feels like a genuine interest in solving the game.

Faint    5869

I feel like tyranno is an over eager easy target atm. I'm not here to punish bad plays, I'm here to kill scum

vote malcolm

I've gone to bottomless brunch (£29 for 3 courses and 2 hours of free prosecco) so fuck u malcolm 

Malcolm if u post once I'll switch my vote to jazz

Xoxoxox

Gossip girl

I fucked my gf so hard in the ass last night lol

Jae kim said I was pretty awesome

+Sophocles    3093
29 minutes ago, Faint said:

Malcolm if u post once I'll switch my vote to jazz

why

Faint    5869
47 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

why

What a wasted question 

Faint    5869
2 hours ago, The Antagonist said:

I don't consider any of the "make sure everyone is playing" posts game relevant content. It's been a long time and we all just want to have an actual game, so I'm not even reading who posts them. They're only really relevant if they're being used to sneak in quota. Other than that I didn't read anything else which felt "helpful townie", and I'd rather add new content than parrot the discussion on the previous page without adding anything.

I don't think there's enough of a framework to say there's a conflict. If faint had just made the one push and then a bunch of helpful townie posts, it would be suspicious, which is why I preemptively brought it up. He hasn't, so it's not.

----

don't like this. I've made one post weakly pushing 1 person (faint), if I thought it was super scummy I would've voted him. this seems like you're jumping on the read wagon to blend in as town. also the fact that you completely ignore that francis had also pointed suspicion at faint is worrying. fos

I actually lean town on faint (despite him channelling isaac) because of this:

it's exactly the thoughts I had while reading through on both counts.

----

disagree with the bolded logic. yes he was one of the first people to start making reads, but like I said the "get everyone playing" posts are non-indicative to me so imo the read is poor. 

I do like the rest of the post though and I like Solstice atm. Feels like a genuine interest in solving the game.

Congrats on contribution

It's mainly fluff but my god most of this game is full lazy mode

Faint    5869

Antag is lean town for a response at this point

vote jazz

3 minutes ago, Faint said:

Antag is lean town for a response at this point

vote jazz

What's ur case on Jazz? I don't recall u giving a scum read on Jazz until ur vote Malcolm post. I just got on this morn and I'm really confused by this play.

Faint    5869
1 minute ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

What's ur case on Jazz? I don't recall u giving a scum read on Jazz until ur vote Malcolm post. I just got on this morn and I'm really confused by this play.

Unvore

vote tyranno

Faint    5869

I hate you all. 

Faint    5869

11 hours left, all I want is people to fucking play 

1 minute ago, Faint said:

11 hours left, all I want is people to fucking play 

Floata Jazz is a case or "I wanna make Jazz play the game". Why u no explain ur vote?