Francis J Underwood

DG Fantasy Football 2019

Posted (edited)

Alright guys, its back. DG Fantasy Football 2019. Same settings as normal. Lmk if you are in. 

Confirmed In

1. Francis

2. Jazz

3. Walia

4. Silver

5 iSlickz

Edited by Francis J Underwood

Gospel    375

I am in! I look forward to this league since it is competitive.

• Pride 1

Joe.    4932

Heyyo. I will try to return this year. I will be more mindful about checking DGz. Start of the school year is hectic for me though - so it might slip my mind.

+Silver    1008

I’d be down if it’s on sleeper and we could vote on the type of scoring and format. 

1. Francis

2. @Jazz

3. @BuildTheWalia

4. @Silver

5 @slickz

6. @Joe.

7. @Gospel

8. Francis's Mult (Brother)

9. Francis's Other Multi (Other Brother)

10. @Jacobgp

11. Joseph Joestar (Outside Person)

12. JCook (outside person) 

Entry Fee will be 20 bucks. Please venmo me at @Michael-Joseph-65  asap with a note stating what its for, who you are (including your sleeper account) etc . . . and the acknowledgement at the bottom of this post. I will not run this league until I have received payment from everyone. 

Roster: QB WR WR RB RB Flex Flex TE K D/ST (only change is that i dropped a WR for a flex) 

Platform: Sleeper. @Silver - I will need you to help me set this up on sleeper. I am hoping this facilitates more discussions, trades, activity etc . . . 

Trades: Its going to be commissioner's decision 

Free Agents: It will be Free Agent Auction Budget. You will get a set amount of free agent dollars for the season. Each week you may use those to bid on players. The highest bid will win. In the event of a tie, higher waiver priority will win. Waiver priority will be determined by record. 

Format: I am open to suggestions, but I was thinking the following

Full PPR, TE Premium of 1.5 PPR 

4 points for Passing TDs

Milestone Bonuses for

150 yds rushing - 3 pts bonus

150 yards receiving - 3 pt bonus

300 yards passing. - 3 pt bonus

40 yd+ Pass, Rush, Receiving TD - 5 pts. 

Rationale: This is a slightly modified version of the Draftkings Format. It requires that you draft well and purposely think about how you are going to construct your roster during the draft. Likewise, this scoring system provides for a DFS component that allows a team that may have suffered an injury or drafted poorly to maximize the variance of the scoring system to their advantage. Accordingly, the person who wins this league should be required to do both well. 

Playoffs: I will listen to ppl on the number of playoffs teams, but I think 8 worked last year and kept players interested throughout the season, which was my goal. I was thinking about doing a DG v Non-DG Divisions this year. 

Open to any other suggestions people have. 

Finally, everyone please post this sentence in your venmo note to me to acknowledge that you have read this post: 

Thank you Francis for running this league again in the two thousandth nineteenth year of our glorious lord, @Malcolm

BuildTheWalia    260

Thanks for Sleeper!

I like PPR but am hesitant on the TE multiplier.

On board with the DFS Milestone Bonuses.

8-player playoffs worked well last year, down to do it again

Premium is .5 difference. League will be 14 teams so TE premium helps to buoy teams picking late in the 1st. I also think TE is deep this year as compared to years past. I think when ppl have a chance to review adps before the draft, they will realize this

prize structure 20 x 14 = 280

20 to the consolation bracket as opposed to third place. I want this to be fun for ppl year round.

Lmk

BuildTheWalia    260

Seems like 1st and 2nd are too close to each other.

If you want to do a consolation bracket prize that's fine but I prefer 3rd to get something too

BuildTheWalia    260

Also is the draft going to be this weekend, the next, or somewhere inbetween?

43 minutes ago, BuildTheWalia said:

Seems like 1st and 2nd are too close to each other.

If you want to do a consolation bracket prize that's fine but I prefer 3rd to get something too

1st 140

2nd 60

3rd 40

Consolation Winner: 40 

???