Francis J Underwood

Overlord Mafia Day 4 - All According To Plan

The OP will be in two consecutive posts (one for rules and the players list, and another for flavor). 

Players

1. @JC.

2. @rei

3. @The Antagonist

4. @Sophocles

5. @hazmah

6. @Jazz

7. @TheGoldenTyranno

8. @Malcolm @Malcolm's Multi

9. @Broken Brilliance

10. @Faint

11. @my bloody arcanine

12. @2k19

13. @slickz

General Rules:

All of the general rules of DG Mafia apply. I am not a forgiving mod and will punish slight rule violations severely. Don't try to break the rules. 

This Game is Full Claim.

This is a No-Hammer Game meaning there is no majority to end the day.  

Quota Mechanic: The quota is five posts per day with a word count of ten or more. Punishment will be at my discretion. 

@DGTown (how is there not a member with this name) - If I catch you trying to solve the game by not playing the game (referring to your role pm or an ability that expressly forbids talking about it for example), the punishment will be worse than a modkill. I don't believe I screwed up in any way that would allow for that, but this is my way of covering my ass. 

Outside of Game Influence: If you bring out of game information into this thread to justify your activity or lack thereof, you may be modkilled regardless of your faction. You made a commitment to play this game regardless of your outside circumstances. Accordingly, don't bring them up in an attempt to justify your in game play. This means no "Sorry guys I have been working all day and forgot about the game but let me just quota snipe now and I promise I'll be more active tomorrow." I reserve the right to punish this with extreme measures. 

As a corollary to the above, you may not mention any conversations you have with me and may not ask me questions itt. Please pm me if you have a game-related question. 

No Activity Monitoring: You can make reads (privately) and vote based on this, but you may not raise it as a reason for your vote or suspicion.  

No Toxicity: This is you one and only warning.  

Game-Specfic Rules 

Each player received a character class, attribute, and weakness. 

Character Class governs the items you may use. If you receive an item, you may pass it to another player during the night instead of performing your normal night action, if applicable. 

Attribute/Weakness: Each player received one of three attributes/weaknesses: Darkness Element, Fire Element, and the Holy Element. This governs the strength of your vote during the day phase. It is designed to operate in a rock, paper, scissors fashion. For example, a player whose attribute is the Holy Element will have their vote count double against a player whose attribute is the Darkness Element. Conversely, their vote will only be worth half a vote against a player whose attribute is the Fire Element. 

The interactions are as follows 

Darkness > Fire 

Fire > Holy Element

Holy Element > Darkness

You will not get a vote count from me until the end of day tally. I will not correct or confirm any vote counts barring an item or ability mandating that I do so. 

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 3

The Story

Welcome to Yggdrasil. Once one of the world's most popular MMORPGs, its time in the sun had elapsed. Players grew out of it and moved on to other games. Sadly, newer generations were simply not interested in the joys of crafting a character and carving out a place in the world. 

Suzuki Sataoru lamented the loss of his treasured pastime. In real life, he was a simple salary man with no hopes or aspirations. But In Yggdrasil, he was Lord Momonga -- a vaunted member of the Ainz Ooal Gown and a member of the Great Tomb of Nazerick. Indeed, he had endured countless quest with his fellow clansmen in making the name of Ainz Ooal Gown known to all.  It was now his duty to watch it all come to an end. 

As the clock continued to inch closer to midnight and the server shutdown, Lord Momonga looked over all that he and his friends had created -- The Great Tomb of Nazerick, The Maids of Pleaides, and their beloved Floor Guardians. As NPC, they were completely unaware of the server's shutdown. Indeed, the shutdown of the server would mean the end of the very lives. Still, they eagerly lined the throneroom of the Great Tomb of Nazerick and knelt before Lord Momonga. Indeed, as the final seconds ticked down, Lord Momonga looked upon them one last time and waited for the empty black screen to destroy all that he and his friends had created. 

Three . . . Two . . . One. Lord Momonga opened his eyes expecting everything to have faded black. Instead, he came to find that everything was more life-like and clear. Lord Momonga felt cold . . . and came to a revelation -- He felt. This was a game. Even if the servers didn't shut down, you aren't supposed to feel things in games. This isn't Sword Art Online after all. 

Lord Momonga-sama? -- a voice shyly inquired. As Lord Momonga, looked up from pensive thought, he saw that the voice came from none other than Albedo -- the Administratix of the Great Tomb of Nazerick.Moreover, he noticed all of his floor guardians were staring at him expectantly and much more life-like than before. 

overlord aura GIF by Funimation

What are you orders? asked Albedo. 

The questions raced through Lord Momonga's mind. Why could he feel? Why were his Floor Guardians -- former NPC's now seemingly sentient? Was he the only human being left in Yggdrasil? As these thoughts were about to overwhelm him, a green aura appeared around him and he instantly felt calm. 

Now was not the time for such questions. Indeed, his wish had been granted and the adventures of Ainz Ooal Gown would continue. It was time to carve out place in this new world. 

Lord Momonga took a deep breath and told his subjects: From now you shall not refer to me as Lord Momonga, but Lord Ainz Ooal Gown. 

And Thus Begins the Story of Lord Ainz Ooal Gown. 

Day 1 OP 

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 2

Day 1 Starts Now and Will End Wednesday, September 4 at 6:00 p.m. EST.

Also, an item has been stolen from the Treasury of the Great Tomb of Nazerick. Please vote on the player to receive this item (attribute/weakness will not influence this vote) 

»JC.    5082

*notices your thread going up*

OwO wuts dis

afb.gif&f=1

this is the one game i wished i rolled mafia so i could have been posting in the quicktopic in the meantime

• Upvote 1

»JC.    5082

anyway, i am Tsukasa Tamagotchi

my power is that if i die in the game, i have to buy PSK a plane ticket to kill me in real life and use the money from my estate to hire Francis as PSK's defence lawyer

tamagotchi isn't tsukasa's last name, but if Chief Nyanta doesn't feed me, i cry all night roleblocking everyone and then die of starvation (triggering ability #1)

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Vote Jazz(I'm totes bussing my scummate @ the beginning of the game)

»JC.    5082

vote my bloody arcanine

252 SpA Raichu-Alola Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine in Electric Terrain: 262-310 (81.6 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raichu-Alola: 390-460 (149.4 - 176.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

those stats just aren't fair at all

• Haha 1

Faint    5888

vote jc

only scum could confirm their chat is a quick topic instead of discord

Faint    5888
3 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Vote Jazz(I'm totes bussing my scummate @ the beginning of the game)

Trying too hard to justify the meme vote here

Fos

Just now, Faint said:

Fos

What??? memes require justification?

Faint    5888
Just now, TheGoldenTyranno said:

What??? memes require justification?

No which is exactly why yours was odd, out of character and FOS worthy

Keep up

+rei+    34755
1 minute ago, Faint said:

vote jc

haxor both, always win, problem solved.

No hammer games are for bad kids. are YOU a bad kid? We'll let the game decide. 

(though I guess if there's a bunch of vote altering shit that makes sense. Still get off my lawn) 

+rei+    34755
1 minute ago, The Antagonist said:

posi vibes gang reporting for duty

don't meet a shocking end due to a dildo accident. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JC. said:

vote my bloody arcanine

252 SpA Raichu-Alola Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine in Electric Terrain: 262-310 (81.6 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raichu-Alola: 390-460 (149.4 - 176.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

those stats just aren't fair at all

252 SpA Raichu-Alola Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magikarp: 734-866 (405.5 - 478.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

spare a thought

Faint    5888

unvote 

vote tyranno

tentative as fuck and trying to justify shit that doesnt need justifying (jazz meme)

Faint    5888

Like the "lol look at me I'm bossing a teammate d1 lol!" Seems like such an over elaboration

+Sophocles    3136
1 hour ago, Francis J Underwood said:

As a corollary to the above, you may not mention any conversations you have with me and may not ask me questions itt.

I was planning to ask him to confirm if his brothers were MAGA supporters but now I can't, damn

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Faint said:

Fos

think this is overly aggressive, tyranno's posts are in line with his character imo

»JC.    5082
3 minutes ago, Faint said:

vote jc

classic double misdirection. the real chat is on facebook

Just now, Sophocles said:

I was planning to ask him to confirm if his brothers were MAGA supporters but now I can't, damn

this sounds like it is still referencing an out of game convo

modkilled ez

• Wow 1

»JC.    5082

@Sophocles that's more or less the start to overlord, yes.

------

let's get some reads

unvote

vote tyranno

Faint    5888
3 minutes ago, The Antagonist said:

think this is overly aggressive, tyranno's posts are in line with his character imo

agree wholeheartedly, early overjustification is one of tyranno scum tells

• Thanks 1

»JC.    5082
4 minutes ago, The Antagonist said:

think this is overly passive. it is page 1. faint's vote isn't going to get tyranno lynched by himself, and there is at least a non-zero justification for it. you have to start somewhere, and this isn't an unreasonable spot. by coming to tyranno's defence so quickly, you're reducing the ability to organically see how tyranno defends himself. scum will sometimes break down due to an early train.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Faint said:

agree wholeheartedly, early overjustification is one of tyranno scum tells

Since when? Vote Faint. Prove it