Francis J Underwood

Overlord Mafia Day 4 - All According To Plan

+rei+    34769

point 2 - if he was scum he'd certainly know tyranno is scum too

3 minutes ago, JC. said:

i dont remember if i posted it last night, but my read on soph is due to him

(1) coming into the thread to say "2k/antag are suspicious, let's stop voting for tyranno" right after i finished saying the same things (i.e. sheeping)

(2) backtracking later by saying "tyranno can die because he is sheeping"

(3) not really posting much else relevant to the game

and this post seems like another scum attempt to deflect the conversation on to new targets

+rei+    34769

what new targets, all those targets except antag have been discussed before you even came to the thread. 

»JC.    5091

my bad i forgot i was the one that was tunneling

• Haha 1

+rei+    34769

(i mean antag was discussed too i just dont like the reasoning) 

Mod Announcement

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will not be around at EOD so the end of day post revealing everything will come late tonight (likely 11 PM EST, but it depends on how long it takes me to write flavor, go through 22 pages (so far) of this to tally votes etc . . .). Therefore, please do all of the following:

(1) Stop Posting At 6:00 p.m. EST (otherwise known as EOD). Those of you with mod powers, please redact the posts of anyone who does not follow this rule. 

(2) PM Me Your Night Actions, if applicable, if the EOD result do not influence your decision. If you choose not to take an action, please pm me "No Action." 

(3) PM me whether you would prefer a 48 hr day phase. Originally, the phase was supposed to be about 36 hours, but given the level of activity and how happy everyone seems, I am amenable to keeping it. 

• Upvote 3

»JC.    5091
44 minutes ago, my bloody arcanine said:

JC is still tunneling hard on 2k19 without committing to any other target. 

3 minutes ago, my bloody arcanine said:

and this post seems like another scum attempt to deflect the conversation on to new targets

>jc why dont you have any other targets

"in case it's not obvious, here are my targets"

>jc why do keep trying to bring up new targets

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

+rei+    34769
9 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Mod Announcement

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will not be around at EOD so the end of day post revealing everything will come late tonight (likely 11 PM EST, but it depends on how long it takes me to write flavor, go through 22 pages (so far) of this to tally votes etc . . .). Therefore, please do all of the following:

(1) Stop Posting At 6:00 p.m. EST (otherwise known as EOD). Those of you with mod powers, please redact the posts of anyone who does not follow this rule. 

(2) PM Me Your Night Actions, if applicable, if the EOD result do not influence your decision. If you choose not to take an action, please pm me "No Action." 

(3) PM me whether you would prefer a 48 hr day phase. Originally, the phase was supposed to be about 36 hours, but given the level of activity and how happy everyone seems, I am amenable to keeping it. 

I assume you mean Eastern Daylight Time

I can set the topic to autolock at 6 if you want but you'll need to find someone awake to reopen it at 11 if you want (zero percent chance I'll be awake then) 

(yeah i could have PMed you this but also works for volunteers for staffers to reopen the thread if we autolock it) 

6 minutes ago, JC. said:

>jc why dont you have any other targets

"in case it's not obvious, here are my targets"

>jc why do keep trying to bring up new targets

Timing my dear, it's all in the timing. 

So you obviously dont want to lynch rei. You dont mind lynching Soph? Why the sudden talk about him? If you trust rei, you should be focusing on his scum list, no? Why bring a non entity to the equation? 

You dont wanna give strong reads on anyone, so you wont leave marks once you flip scum. So youd rather stick to 2k19 and the non entity Soph, which is a comfortable target. 

»JC.    5091

i dont have to agree with somebody's preferred lynch to think that person is town

i've literally given opinions on everybody in the game except maybe faint

if you read my posts you would already know i am ok with killing soph

i get the feeling 2k wont go through, and i dont want rei to die, so soph is my attempted compromise, yes

• Upvote 1

Just now, JC. said:

i dont have to agree with somebody's preferred lynch to think that person is town

i get the feeling 2k wont go through, and i dont want rei to die, so soph is my attempted compromise, yes

I might be tunneling you but its mostly because i dont understand how you dont see a huge red flag that is rei being super scummy. Him equipping you only adds to that suspicion

»JC.    5091

i am aware this post looks bad

i am aware this post is emotionally charged

but seriously, i want to put this out there

i know you have been gone for a while mba

but the reason i am frustrated is because the argument i am having with you is one i have to waste time on every single game

it's absolutely insane that people constantly accuse me of not making reads while i am simultaneously the player with the most posts about specific players in the game

i don't care if people think i am partners with tyranno

i don't care if people think i am partners with rei

i do care that people constantly misrepresent me as some kind of non-entity

if you think i am a scum partner with someone, hey, guess what, it means i made a read on someone that was strong enough to potentially link me!

i have voiced suspicions on rei, antag, 2k, and soph, at the bare minimum

i have changed my mind on some of them

i have explicitly said i think hazmah is town

i have explicitly said i think jazz is town

i have even talked about malcolm, a player with 0 posts relevant to the game

where are all the players i am not talking about?

• Pride 1

»JC.    5091
2 minutes ago, my bloody arcanine said:

I might be tunneling you but its mostly because i dont understand how you dont see a huge red flag that is rei being super scummy. Him equipping you only adds to that suspicion

I have asked at least twice for somebody to explain it to me.

My understanding of the case is that people are voting for rei entirely because he said he thinks 2k and Hazmah might be scum together.

I can literally quote YOU saying "sometimes it is that simple."

BB is townread by everyone. And guess what scum team he was pushing the hardest for in this thread. It was 2k and Hazmah. You can't say rei is super scummy for this while the player you want to equip and the one that people think are town had the exact same read.

I didn't say rei has done nothing scummy. I was the first player to accuse rei of anything, as best as I can remember. I called him out for his equip vote on you not changing. I called him out for having scum reads that he never followed up on. Nobody commented on those things. rei fixed his vote. rei responded with his updated reads.

rei is not the only player to have equipped me. is slickz scum too? are we also killing tyranno and faint because they wanted to equip me at one point? should we kill you too because you voted to equip me before i had the gall to ask "if i cant use the item, can i get someone to say they'd be cool with receiving it"?

+rei+    34769
26 minutes ago, my bloody arcanine said:

can you explain this one to me? 

2k19    322
3 hours ago, JC. said:

I am interested in lynching between 2k, Soph, and maybe Malcolm if he snipes quota without contributing. My vote might change near EOD if none of these wagons take off, but I think I would like to stay between them for now.

i think soph is an appropriate counterwagon here, wouldn't disagree with that, i'm wondering if you think this is atypical from malcolm because from what i remember this level of activity is par for the course, especially on d1. probably one of the safest ways to avoid SPK.

last game was like 2 years ago so i'm not that confident in my memories though

2k19    322
3 hours ago, rei said:

I'm biased on Tyranno; his vote on me unlike the other ones seems "hey look a bandwagon" with the flimsiest of support.

it's actually pretty much exactly like every other vote he's made in this game, it's just informed by the fact that he seems to have changed his read on me, i'm wondering how you can possibly interpret his vote on you to be any more bandwagony than any of the other ones

2k19    322
1 hour ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

unvote. I want don't want to kill rei b4 he gives out this gun he supposedly has.

hypothetically, why do we need a gun in a (what i assume to be) 10v3 or 9v4 setup?

2k19    322

I also haven't seen anything substantive from rei today other than claiming his role and shading you (Tyranno) (WHICH, He still has 2 votes on him, and is in danger of being started up again as a counterwagon when I think it's pretty clear he (you) (Tyranno) is pure) so I don't understand why you're giving him credence.

2k19    322

By today I mean the last few hours of posting, not the whole day cycle.

2k19    322
1 hour ago, JC. said:

2k had serious pressure on him, complained about how we were being unfair, didn't contribute anything, and then had all of the votes on him mysteriously float away

he finally managed to post something on page 17 or so after i repeatedly prompted him, and then went back to complaining about people calling him bad

one team has an active interest in not playing the game and if you're wondering which one it is i'll give you a hint and say it isn't town

I don't consider it mysterious.

1 hour ago, JC. said:

i dont remember if i posted it last night, but my read on soph is due to him

(1) coming into the thread to say "2k/antag are suspicious, let's stop voting for tyranno" right after i finished saying the same things (i.e. sheeping)

(2) backtracking later by saying "tyranno can die because he is sheeping"

(3) not really posting much else relevant to the game

I agree with that.

2k19    322
1 hour ago, JC. said:

Why don't you want rei to die? Does he have any town moments?

2k19    322

If you convince me that he's town I'll lynch Sophocles with you.

2 hours ago, JC. said:

rei: my top 2 scum reads are based on people asking people to claim their elements

also rei: i dont have an element

the op states "Each player received one of three attributes/weaknesses"

i think rei is lying because he doesn't want to claim an element

i hope this answers your question rei

funny enough this point comes from JC

»JC.    5091
8 minutes ago, 2k19 said:

i think soph is an appropriate counterwagon here, wouldn't disagree with that, i'm wondering if you think this is atypical from malcolm because from what i remember this level of activity is par for the course, especially on d1. probably one of the safest ways to avoid SPK.

last game was like 2 years ago so i'm not that confident in my memories though

You are correct that he does not typically post very much, but I think it is fair to expect him to post at all.

I am aware I have a Malcolm bias, though. I think his play is typically anti-town, so I am always thinking he is a lynch possibility. I consider not substantiating your reads with anything and coming in to just say whatever to be scummy--thinking about it, you probably already know that much given it's basically the same argument I had/have with you.

2k19    322
Just now, JC. said:

You are correct that he does not typically post very much, but I think it is fair to expect him to post at all.

I am aware I have a Malcolm bias, though. I think his play is typically anti-town, so I am always thinking he is a lynch possibility. I consider not substantiating your reads with anything and coming in to just say whatever to be scummy--thinking about it, you probably already know that much given it's basically the same argument I had/have with you.

I was scum last time I played with him and he basically came into the game d2 and beyond and caught my entire team. Lynching him now is a coin flip with a potentially huge downside; I'd consider it counterproductive and antitown.