Francis J Underwood

Overlord Mafia Day 4 - All According To Plan

11 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Mod Announcement

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will not be around at EOD so the end of day post revealing everything will come late tonight (likely 11 PM EST, but it depends on how long it takes me to write flavor, go through 22 pages (so far) of this to tally votes etc . . .). Therefore, please do all of the following:

(1) Stop Posting At 6:00 p.m. EST (otherwise known as EOD). Those of you with mod powers, please redact the posts of anyone who does not follow this rule. 

(2) PM Me Your Night Actions, if applicable, if the EOD result do not influence your decision. If you choose not to take an action, please pm me "No Action." 

(3) PM me whether you would prefer a 48 hr day phase. Originally, the phase was supposed to be about 36 hours, but given the level of activity and how happy everyone seems, I am amenable to keeping it. 

Warnings

In light of the 30-page day one, I am not modkilling anyone today. However, YOU ARE ON NOTICE that further rule violations will be punished with a modkill. Failing to Read the OP is not an excuse. Read before you post. 

Quoting the above for emphasis 

Final Lynch Vote Count

TGT (2): Hazmah, Faint,

2k19 (1): rei,

Hazmah (1): Slickz,

rei (7): Jazz, 2k19, mba, malcolm, JC, BB, Soph

Final Equip Vote Count

JC (3): TGT Slickz, Faint,

BB (6): BB, Soph, MBA, Jazz, Antag, JC

Malcolm (2): 2k19, maloclm

MBA (2): rei

@Broken Brilliance Will Receive An Item Tonight. I wonder what it will be. 

Day One

With the proclamation of his new name and title, the new Lord Ainz Ooal Gown had taken the first step towards . . . something.

In any event, he must not allow the newly sentient denizens of Nazerick to see him waver. Lord Ainz Ooal Gown sat down in his throne in a manner befitting of a ruler

Lord Ainz desperately hoped that the floor guardians would let sleeping dogs lie, but Lord Ainz could feel Albedo's gaze fixed upon him. Finally, the moment he had been dreading arrived

Ainz-sama, what are your orders? What shall your loyal servants do next? 

"Shit" Lord Ainz thought to himself. After all, Francis Lord Ainz was making this up as he goes. What was the end game? 

"You mean you don't know Albedo. Isn't quite obvious?" quipped another voice. The voice belonged to noneother than Demiurge. 

The comment ignited Albedo's rage: "You think you know AINZ-SAMA's thoughts better than me." retorted Albedo. 

But of course. There is only one plan befitting a rule such as Ainz-sama 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

With that, a wave of relief washed over Lord Ainz. Crisis averted. 

What is step one to world domination? asked the small, shy, sheepish voice of Mare Bella Fiore. 

And . . . the crisis was back on. 

Fortunately, Demiurge saved Lord Ainz on this one too. Why it to eliminate the unworthy, of course, little one. 

Lord Ainz saw an opportunity. Demiurge, Albedo, you seem to have a good grasp of my intentions, allow me to take my leave to attend to other matters. I leave it to you all to set the plan in motion. Once again, crisis averted. Lord Ainz had escaped. 

The group gathered in the Coliseum to discuss who was unworthy. Several names were thrown out. The discussion was caught on the Tomb of Nazerick's security feed. 

Spoiler

The fighting continued for three days and two nights. Battles over who was better: DG Daddy or DG Mommy ensued. Eventually, it was decided that @rei was unworthy. He was Lord Tabula Smaragdina. What a blunder. Killing off one of the Supreme Beings. Surely he was a member of town . . . or was he? 

@rei was lynched. He was 

Pandora's Actor. Class: DoppelGanger (This class is treated as any class). Attribute: None. Weakness: None. Your abilities are as follows: 

Master of Disguise: As Lord Ainz's doppelganger, you are no stranger to disguise. Once per night, you may target one player. You will learn that player's class, strength, weakness, character, and ability. If you are killed or targeted by an ability before the next night phase, you will appear as the player that you targeted would. This action retains priority over all other actions. 

Master of The Treasury: As the Area Guardian of the Treasury, you have access to all of the items collected by the Great Tomb of Nazerick. Once per night, you may give pass out either (1) a fake bulletproof vest; or (2) a fake gun to another player. If the player fires the fake gun, the player will die. If the player with the fake bulletproof vest is targeted for a kill, the vest will not protect them.

You are a member of the Great Tomb of Nazerick (Mafia) and win when it is no longer possible for any other faction to win.

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 2
  • Wow 2
  • Haha 1

Night 1 Starts Now and Will End At 11:00 PM Tomorrow Or When I Receive All Night Actions. For Those With Timezone constraints I will adjust end of next day accordingly. 

+rei+    34769
Pandora's Actor. Class: DoppelGanger (This class is treated as any class). Attribute: None. Weakness: None. Your abilities are as follows: 

SEE?!?!
  • Upvote 1
  • Pride 2
  • Haha 3

Night 1

This is post 1/2 for the flavor for the start of day 2. Please do not post until you have my permission to do so. 

The night fell on the Tomb of Nazerick -- although one could never tell due to magically enchanted ceilings spanning the skyline of each floor. While the citizens were sleeping safely in the beds, Lord Ainz laid awake. Indeed, as a member of the undead, he no longer required sleep. Thus, night was a time for action for the members of the Tomb of Nazerick. 

The Tomb of Nazerick had suffered a heavy loss the day before. Now was the time to exact revenge and to put plans in motion. Lord Ainz summoned one of his skeletons. Go forth and kill our enemies. 

The Skeleton Warrior snuck his way into the Kingdom. He entered the home of MBA and slit his throat. Satisfied that the deed was done, the Skeleton warrior returned to Nazerick. 

MBA was attacked at night! He was 

NOT FATALLY WOUNDED

As MBA lied there, the light fading from his eyes, a mysterious figure appeared over him. MBA could not hear the words the mysterious figure whispered to him, but soon thereafter the wound on his neck was completely healed. He was alive. 

DAY 2

The sun rose on the second day. Lord Ainz had spent the night reading ancient tomes with the library of Nazerick. The Skeleton made his report and Lord Ainz was momentarily please -- all according to plan. It was then that Demiurge entered and informed him that his plans had failed. He became enraged at the events that had transpired during the night and destroyed the summoned Skeleton. 

Meanwhile elsewhere, the start of day meant the start of work for the citizens of the Kingdom. The Lizardmen of the Green Claw tribe went to work tending to the crops and their swamp. 

As the Lizardmen worked, Crusch Lulu -- the most beautiful Lizard waifu in all of Yggdrasil -- walked amongst them. The Lizardmen stared shamefully with lust. Only one could be her mate. 

JC: Crusch is the most beautiful being I have ever seen. 

Malcolm: Back off Junior Cunt. She's mine!!!

With that a fight ensued. A crowd gathered and demanded blood. THERE COULD BE ONLY ONE LOVER OF THE LIZARD WAIFU. 

A CHALLENGE HAS BEEN ISSUED

New Challenger GIF - SuperSmashBros Videogame Gamers GIFs

ALL PLAYERS MAY ONLY VOTE FOR ONE OF MALCOLM OR JC TODAY. 

DAY 2 STARTS NOW AND WILL END SUNDAY 9/8/19 AT 6:00 PM 

• Sad 1

»JC.    5091

i'm scummier than malcolm, killing him is the wrong play

• Pride 1
  • Sad 1

»JC.    5091

i took the time to make my reads overnight since there was obviously no chance of getting nightkilled

JC - Town

pls no bully.

Jazz - Town

Jazz came into the thread super late, went "I think all of the things people are saying are scummy," and then put his vote on mafia. Not lynching.

Malcolm - Town

Malcolm has enough sway that he could have switched the train off of rei if he wanted to.

More importantly, his posts this game are better than in previous ones. The reads on Hazmah, Faint, and rei were all actually explained to some degree, and Malcolm at least made a reference to one of MBA’s posts before saying he liked him. Excited to see what he says today, not so excited it’s likely to be “lynch jc.”

Faint - Town

I agree with Malcolm's read here. It would be awful for Faint to come in like that near EOD to defend a teammate that is 95% getting lynched. Faint even took it the extra mile and negged a bunch of posts, before removing the negs after rei flipped. There's no way scum has a breakdown like that.

Broken Brilliance - Town

General towny play fmpov. Pushed for lynches, showed a willingness to reevaluate, and wasn't afraid to get on people's nerves. I don't get the feeling he has anything to hide.

My Bloody Arcanine - Town

MBA has a good push on Hazmah early in the game, and ends up correctly on rei later. Whereas part of my reads on other players like Faint or Jazz involve "it'd be too crazy as scum", I think MBA is town because they are playing well and are consistently demonstrating an attempt to solve the game.

@my bloody arcanine I am having a hard time parsing this post:

[qupte]yea i honestly dont see how , for example , tyranno is suspicious more than islickz for the matter, and rei hasn't said anything about him. tyranno as target just seems arbitrary[/quote]

Are you saying iSlickz is more suspicious or less suspicious than Tyranno? I don't think you've made a case against either of them, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on both.

(Post-Night Phase Thoughts: I especially want to hear from you since you've been targeted and survived!)

»JC.    5091

2k19 - Triggered

I'll admit I was probably wrong on this one. There is a difference between bussing/distancing and spending the entire first day of the game voting for your partner. I reserve the right to be tilted about the "town circle" post and using complaints as a defence mechanism, but I guess it doesn't make them scum.

Mafia team did have a gun tho so 100% scum slip amirite?

To be clear, I don't want to lynch 2k at this point.

Tyranno - Lean Town

I agree with the analysis presented by 2k. Tyranno's play is not great, but it doesn't feel he is coordinating with people in a Quicktopic, trying to mislead town, or ignoring the game. Tyranno has taken a lot of heat, and I think it is worth to keep in mind that Tyranno is often one of scum's mislynch targets. There are definitely some posts that are bad, but I'm not convinced they are scummy.

I am less sure here than about the other players I like so far, though. I know he has been a contentious player, so I want to hear more. I'm especially interested if @Malcolm has anything to say, because I believe he implied tyranno was a "great lynch" yesterday (but not quite as good as killing me or rei).

»JC.    5091

Hazmah - Unsure

I think Hazmah did well to defend himself against the attempts of players to link him with 2k.

However, I'm disappointed that Hazmah dipped halfway through the day (page 16). I want to see more.

(Post-Night Phase Thoughts: I need to double check, but given MBA was the target, I think Hazmah is more likely since MBA went after him)

Sophocles - Unsure

This read mostly comes from rei. rei's tried to link 2k+Tyranno, stepped back from Hazmah, and tossed Malcolm into the scum reads when malcolm voted for him. However, Sophocles just kinda floated there as "suspicious." If rei picked a teammate to distance from, Soph is several times more likely than any of the others from his list.

Conversely, Soph's defence of rei was also a lot more passive than other players (i.e. me, faint). If someone is trying to protect their teammate, but doesn't want to hard commit when they think it is likely they die and flip, Soph is again several times more likely than any of the others. It is notable that he tried to swap the votes to Tyranno last minute, though, so that might give him some credit similar to the way it does for Faint?

»JC.    5091

Slickz - Unsure

Slickz calls out rei as early as page 10 and does so multiple times throughout the day. I thought I was the first person to call out rei, but it may have actually been slickz.

However, some of his opinions don't make sense. His primary target was Hazmah for a solid part of the day. When it comes to suspecting BB, he highlights a post where BB...asks Hazmah to step it up, because BB suspects Hazmah. His other scum read is MBA, who...also was on Hazmah.

Additionally, slickz' last post is coming in to say "i like rei's scumlist" (referring to Hazmah, 2k, and Tyranno). There is no indication that Slickz has come around on rei here, and voicing his support here is not consistent  with his previous quotes. First, he specifically says he does NOT like rei putting Hazmah and 2k together, stating "regarding 2k, he comes off as idiot town trying to help solve the game. You suspected him for trying to equip Malcolm with an item? really? that would be a pretty brash ass play day 1. not to mention, what if he has knowledge of malcolms role, communication, etc. all votes on 2k are suspect and weak - i see rei straddling the fence on him/hazmah and I don't like this shit either." He also states "faint's vote and others on tyranno are forced af." As you can see, this is a complete 180.

»JC.    5091

Antag - Unsure

I think Antag's play is considerably different than it was during Laid Back Chill Mafia, where he was scum.

But, if we look just within the context of this game, I don't like him.

Antag states he doesn't want to equip Jazz because Jazz is likely to get NK'd. Jazz had done an OK job of appearing town, but there are multiple other players like MBA or BB that were also widely townread. It *does* make a lot of sense to think Jazz is a NK target if you know he is on the right track with killing rei, however.

Second, Antag has a post on page 20 where he pushes BB and myself for "pushing dichotomies." This is falsely representing a post I made where I said the item was likely to go to BB/myself (...because nobody had indicated interest in it apart from us). It is also falsely representing BB's earlier tunnel on 2k19/Hazmah, as BB had already attempted to take a look at MBA afterwards and had also asked about the pressure that was building on rei. Lastly, he immediately town reads BB after talking about pushing dichotomies, so it once again fails to really commit anything.

Antag responded yesterday if there would be a reason to defend members of town if he was scum, and I think the answer is yes. Offering defences for players is an easy way to show investment, and it can make you look good when you stand up for a player that is taking a lot of heat; for instance, Jazz defending 2k's suggestion of the element mass claim has been well received.

Overall, I stand by my stance that not voicing any suspicions is scummy. Even if you think there is a good chance you are wrong, it stimulates the discussion and proves that you're at least trying to do something. I don't expect you to solve the game on day 1, but keeping your cards to your chest only makes sense if you have something to hide. An overemphasis on defending players vs making pushes is way more indicative of scum not wanting to be caught in a contradiction than it is of town being careful.

»JC.    5091

now that all of my reads are out there, here is some fluff. i got bored while waiting for the day to go up, so i made some memes

WWUyvI6.png

mn6XZTq.png

WBuid6j.png

• Upvote 4

Since mafia had rei's role, their day 1 play would be very different than normal mafia. i'll explain

rei's role says he could pick a target and if he dies he would appear as this target. This means scum must do everything they can day 1 to keep rei. If he survives day 1 and dies later, he will appear as a town role when he dies, thus confusing town even more about his scum list.

This is why looking at the voting pattern from end of day is important. I was sure JC is scum, but seeing as he voted rei in this critical moment, he ensured the lynch on rei, when he could've just kept the vote on 2k19 and the day could end in a tie. Scum's best option would be to either

1) go for townie - rei is wrong, town is furious, rei is lynched day 2 leaving a full scum list. rei revealed as town upon death, town continues to mislynch people according to his list.

2) go for other scum who is not rei - rei comes out as super useful townie, and the town is left to chase his leads while he lives and after he dies, coz he's revealed as town.

> Either option probably guarantees at least 2 mislynches, easy.

So I'm not so sure about JC anymore, and i'm trying to read into how other players played during the end of day. Soph put a vote in the end, but it felt forced. Tyranno is still scummy, and rei bussing him would go well with option 2 above.

Forcing to choose between Malcolm and JC is annoying, because I think we have much better suspects. Sucks that both are probably town and Malcolm just wasted his role ;__;

37 minutes ago, JC. said:

Antag - Unsure

I think Antag's play is considerably different than it was during Laid Back Chill Mafia, where he was scum.

But, if we look just within the context of this game, I don't like him.

</3

»JC.    5091

Being Malcolm's power was my first thought too, but what the hell is the point of it in that case? Malcolm doesn't need to lock down the lynch to get me killed if he wanted to. He just killed rei and has players like 2k who say they genuinely believe Malcolm can never be wrong.

Being able to choose who we lynch is town's best power. The power itself is ultra scummy because it takes away that choice and basically forces a mislynch if the user is wrong. There is approximately a 0% chance we can get the entire game not to vote for an entire day.

1 minute ago, JC. said:

Being Malcolm's power was my first thought too, but what the hell is the point of it in that case? Malcolm doesn't need to lock down the lynch to get me killed if he wanted to. He just killed rei and has players like 2k who say they genuinely believe Malcolm can never be wrong.

Being able to choose who we lynch is town's best power. The power itself is ultra scummy because it takes away that choice and basically forces a mislynch if the user is wrong. There is approximately a 0% chance we can get the entire game not to vote for an entire day.

this role is tailored specifically for Malcolm lol

i think there something similar in my Naruto mafia where Jiraya could lock 2 players in and town must vote between them. This cannot be a mafia role, otherwise obviously the would pick 2 townies and taking town's only weapon is not in the spirit of the game.