Francis J Underwood

Overlord Mafia Day 4 - All According To Plan

»JC.    5091

my bad, it's a lizard, so it would be a scaley

2k19    322
35 minutes ago, JC. said:

If he isn't, though, do you think being able to force town to limit their lynch options multiple times is "too good to give up" for town?

Do I think Malcolm believes that? Yes

2k19    322
18 minutes ago, JC. said:

The biggest mechanical issue with this play, though, is that there's basically no way to actually force the tie to occur. If a player we highly suspect--Soph, for instance--is actually scum, they can drop the hammer to break the tie and kill whichever of us they want, because they were going to die the next day anyway.

It's a scum claim which everyone would be fine with I imagine

2k19    322
19 minutes ago, JC. said:

The biggest reads-based play I have is that Malcolm's actions here aren't actually all that indicative of town, which has eroded my initial trust in him.

1. It's pretty obvious this ability is anti-town. If you are town and have it, you should never ever use it. It's a bad vig shot that forces the entire town to waste a lynch on you or your ego target. If you're scum, taking away a day's lynch is pretty busted. I am not saying he is more likely to be scum because he has the role, but that he is more likely to be scum because he used the role.

2. Malcolm's first post of the day goes out of his way to say, "yes, i used the ability on jc. not because im sure he is scum, but because i think he is largely detrimental to town and isnt needed to win." If you're town, and you're so sure you have scum caught that you're going to force the town to pick between you and them, is this the post you make? it's basically "lmao he is bad at town so even a mislynch is a win amirite?" When I point this out, he just doubles down on the 'your play sucks' argument and says that he had a scum lean on me yesterday.

@2k19

I'm interested in your thought process.

If you think this is Town v Town, how does that reconcile with your previous thoughts that Malcolm shooting a Vig Shot incorrectly would be indicative of scum?

I am not saying Malcolm is infallible, but I'm interested why this situation wouldn't fall under the same umbrella if you believe he is.

The big difference I can see is that I haven't flipped, but I was definitely expecting you to either think "Malcolm can't be wrong, kill JC" or "I disagree with Malcolm, kill Malcolm."

Are you just believing in the "best case" scenario that this is a town power and Malcolm is just screwing everyone over for fun?

I think it's starting to be a bit scummy that you aren't considering Malcolm's point of view as someone who has a lot of confidence in his own abilities when you analyze the situation.

Me saying Malcolm was infallible 100% is obviously tongue-in-cheek, although I do have a lot of confidence in his abilities

»JC.    5091

You are correct in that I just don't see it. Malcolm probably could get me killed without using the ability at all. I understand Malcolm is good, and he just contributed to lynching rei, which is why my first post of the day literally says "kill me instead of Malcolm."  His posts today make me less confident. I'm not saying he is 100% scum, but I know I am town, and since I have some amount of doubt, lynching a player I think is questionable is better than killing myself.

I don't have much more to say for now, though. My reads are all out there, so I think we need to wait for people to show up. Feel free to ask me any questions, if you have them.

This situation makes my brain hurt. All I know for sure is MBA,  Jazz and 2k are town beyond a shadow of a doubt. 

2k19    322
28 minutes ago, JC. said:

I don't have much more to say for now, though. My reads are all out there, so I think we need to wait for people to show up. Feel free to ask me any questions, if you have them.

Sorry I pretty much understand everything here, just contemplating my decision. Ultimately I still want to tie the day with either no votes, or only Malcolm and yourself voting if one won't unvote.

2k19    322

Ultimately, JC, Malcolm is thunderdoming you, I'm pretty confident he's town, and you misrepresenting his intentions such that they're purely antitown isn't going to make him unvote you here. You're really stretching it with the takes. Every action he's done and is doing is internally consistent and makes more sense from a town pov.

Scum doesn't need to put heat on themselves after that d1, especially when we have a null pile we'd probably be lynching in for a few days. Combine that with the fact that there were so many towny players d1 and Malcolm would've had enough of an argument as to why he never got SPKed until lylo.

• Upvote 2

2k19    322
1 minute ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

@Francis J Underwood Is No Lynch a possible voting option and do ties resolve as No Lynch or RNG?

You can't ask questions in the thread

3 minutes ago, 2k19 said:

You can't ask questions in the thread

Does this type of question really apply? Tbph the entire game ought to be given full clarity by the mod on how our voting system functions

2k19    322
5 hours ago, JC. said:

Being Malcolm's power was my first thought too, but what the hell is the point of it in that case? Malcolm doesn't need to lock down the lynch to get me killed if he wanted to. He just killed rei and has players like 2k who say they genuinely believe Malcolm can never be wrong.

Being able to choose who we lynch is town's best power. The power itself is ultra scummy because it takes away that choice and basically forces a mislynch if the user is wrong. There is approximately a 0% chance we can get the entire game not to vote for an entire day.

You said it yourself and argued out of your own logic for some reason even though there's a more diplomatic way to solve this

2k19    322

Now FMPOV I think it's possible you're reaching the breaking point where deep wolves need to divide themselves from town's interests (your vote yesterday displayed this a bit too)

4 hours ago, 2k19 said:

I've gotten a mechanical message, probably from some form of parity cop, stating that Slickz is a member of the kingdom. Which I assume to mean town.

Oh, wait I miss this first go around. Assuming this message isn't a lie that gives a certain town count of MBA, 2k, Jazz, BB, and Slickz. If Malcolm hadn't used his power like this I'd be going for people like Haz, Faint, Soph (and Slickz if not 4 this message)and figuring out Malcolm JC. later. 

1 minute ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Oh, wait I miss this first go around. Assuming this message isn't a lie that gives a certain town count of MBA, 2k, Jazz, BB, and Slickz. If Malcolm hadn't used his power like this I'd be going for people like Haz, Faint, Soph (and Slickz if not 4 this message)and figuring out Malcolm JC. later. 

And Antag aswell

My reasoning on checking Faint again today is now that rei has flipped scum and I'm wondering if the world where Faint loses it over losing his partner could be real even though that's awful scum play tbh. The question is in that world who could Faint's other scummate(s) be to cause him to loose his nerves like that. 

Vote Malcolm. I was thinking town on JC before this nonsense went down

Theory: Hazmah, Faint, Malcolm team. Hazmah is awol, Malcolm busses rei, and Faint cracks from the realization they're gonna lose rei.

»JC.    5091

If you really think we can get nobody to vote, sure, I can see trying that. What that does require, though, is convincing every single player in the game that this is Town v Town, including at least one member of scum here that has a vested interest in arguing against it. Not only that, but we both have to prove our innocence to the point where people will never consider lynching us again. You'll notice Malcolm has three votes--what he is doing is anti-town, even if he is a member of the town. I spent a lot of time defending rei, and it's reasonable to get some level of suspicion for that.

Ultimately, I'm not sure it is a standard we can reach. It's a part of the reason this ability is awful. If it comes down to it, I know I am town, but I only think Malcolm could be. We have a while, and we also have him trying to do something with Soph. We can see where that goes.

45 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

@Francis J Underwood Is No Lynch a possible voting option and do ties resolve as No Lynch or RNG?

I'm going to warn and not modkill you for this because literally everyone has asked me about this (break another rule and I will end you tho). 

I AM NOT CONFIRMING OR DENYING THE MECHANICS FOR END OF DAY. MAKE ASSUMPTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Malcolm's Multi    1829

Jc since you like spinning your tires, posting a lot with nothing much to say, and being incapable commanding a lynch target, I am going to give some help. 

Lynch yourself