Francis J Underwood

Overlord Mafia Day 4 - All According To Plan

49 minutes ago, 2k19 said:

@The Antagonist Did you get anything special last night?

I got a message saying you're town ("a member of the kingdom")

It doesn't make any sense to me why you would be the target of an investigative ability, though. 

slickz    4320
1 hour ago, The Antagonist said:

It doesn't make any sense to me why you would be the target of an investigative ability, though. 

sounds like perfect info

slickz    4320

Also Hazmah doesn't get a vote today cause I stole that shit >:)

• Pride 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2019 at 7:32 PM, Sophocles said:

The 2k19 lynch is valid, wanting to equip Malcolm is an extremely transparent pro-scum move. I'm just wary of Tyranno hopping on it like that.

lol 

+Sophocles    3187

Hazmah is 100% scum. Got a positive scan.

Please stop sucking malcolm's dick and actually think for 5 seconds

vote hazmah

+Sophocles    3187
2 hours ago, The Antagonist said:

2k got that message from slickz yesterday. Sounds like something like the chain letter from last game.

X to doubt

Vote Haz. If somehow he flips town I think we kill Soph next

hazmah    98
54 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Vote Haz. If somehow he flips town I think we kill Soph next

If i flop town then you and soph both get lynched.

Soph is bullshitting

vote:soph

+Sophocles    3187
10 minutes ago, hazmah said:

If i flop town then you and soph both get lynched.

Soph is bullshitting

vote:soph

if you flip town? So you don't know?

Gottem s c u m s l i p ggnore scum

hazmah    98
Just now, Sophocles said:

if you flip town? So you don't know?

Gottem s c u m s l i p ggnore scum

If I say when then that implicitly accepts the fact I’m going to die. I would rather not die, Soph. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

hazmah    98

Anyway I claim the cop that’s been sending messages. I targeted Slickz N1 because he was obviously acting scummy, and I passed the results to NK19 as he felt the most towny bar MBA who I assumed was going to get NK’d. Night 2 is when I realised there could be a possibility of a potential 19/slickz team up so I thought to be safe I’d give 19 a scan. 

As for Soph, considering the context of the game (two indirect cops in the messenger me and JC), you lot tell me, does a third cop, who’s also direct, make sense? Even if you think im a bastard cop, 3 cops does clearly sound like a reach, and he’s the only one whos role is and can not be proven. Malcolm has even also outed Soph. 

I would suggest killing Soph and then regardless of what he flips, you can kill me, as then when Soph flips scum, this gives an extra night to scan someone, and then with the info of Slickz/NK19 as confirmed town and a third scan, it becomes pretty easy to win the game. 

+Sophocles    3187

My role can be proven/disproven by flipping you. 

Yours is the one that can hardly be proven because a) anyone can send messages to people, that's not alignment indicative, and scum is uniquely positioned to know who is and isn't town + b) no one has gotten a scum message from it yet.

+Sophocles    3187

I'm also mildly confused how 2k knew to ask antag if he got anything before anything was said about it, but i'll chalk that up to some other role stuff because that'd be a really stupid scumslip

• Upvote 1

hazmah    98
51 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

My role can be proven/disproven by flipping you. 

Yours is the one that can hardly be proven because a) anyone can send messages to people, that's not alignment indicative, and scum is uniquely positioned to know who is and isn't town + b) no one has gotten a scum message from it yet.

No it can’t. You cannot be proven as detective unless you die. If I die and flip as scum, you will still be seen as scum that distanced their partner rather than detective. If I die and flip town, you are scum and not detective. 

I am already proven as a detective, it’s just a case of whether I am believed to be bastard or not, which will be revealed upon my flip. The major difference is that if we’re both believed to be scum, which we are, I am confirmed detective rn, you are not. As a result, keeping me alive for tonight on the chance that I am town and can get a scan, is the correct play as you can always kill me tomorrow.

In addition, you claimed that your detective ability being insane/sane resets every time scum dies. So if you’re right and I’m scum, your ability becomes useless again upon tonight, and then you die tomorrow.

These are all the possibilities:

Scum soph // Town Hamzah - Town gains an additional scan.

Scum Soph // Scum Hamzah - Town gains no scans

Town Soph // Scum Hamzah - Town gains no scans

There is 0 incentive to keeping you alive tonight regardless of scum or town (thought you are evidently scum), whereas if I survive today and I am town, there is a free scan.

• Upvote 1

hazmah    98
20 minutes ago, The Antagonist said:

scum slip :')

Why did you target me with the message?

You were the only one who said they were staying the night lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hazmah said:

No it can’t. You cannot be proven as detective unless you die. If I die and flip as scum, you will still be seen as scum that distanced their partner rather than detective. If I die and flip town, you are scum and not detective. 

I am already proven as a detective, it’s just a case of whether I am believed to be bastard or not, which will be revealed upon my flip. The major difference is that if we’re both believed to be scum, which we are, I am confirmed detective rn, you are not. As a result, keeping me alive for tonight on the chance that I am town and can get a scan, is the correct play as you can always kill me tomorrow.

In addition, you claimed that your detective ability being insane/sane resets every time scum dies. So if you’re right and I’m scum, your ability becomes useless again upon tonight, and then you die tomorrow.

These are all the possibilities:

Scum soph // Town Hamzah - Town gains an additional scan.

Scum Soph // Scum Hamzah - Town gains no scans

Town Soph // Scum Hamzah - Town gains no scans

There is 0 incentive to keeping you alive tonight regardless of scum or town (thought you are evidently scum), whereas if I survive today and I am town, there is a free scan.

agree with this entirely. 

Claim: I'm a town backup of sorts. Once per game I can assume the role of a dead town member. I haven't used it yet because JC's ability seemed pretty weak (and I half expected Jazz to die so I could become doc).

So if Sophocles is telling the truth, we trade a huge question mark (him) for a scum (hazmah) and don't lose the cop ability, plus I either get a scan off - adding a confirmed town/winning the game; or eat a NK - which would remove another small question mark in myself and force scum to not use a NK on Jazz/mba etc. We also can re-evaluate slickz (the main reason I have to townread him is the message).

If he's lying then great, we hit a scummer.