+rei+    34769

unpopular_opinions.png

+rei+    34769

Hard mode: no comedies 

+rei+    34769

I had a lot of fun with Dracula Untold 

BuildTheWalia    263

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie (5%)

The Butterfly Effect (33%): Not "deep" or "mind-blowing", but it's a serious Ashton Kutcher time-traveling.

Equilibrium (40%): I'm a sucker for Christian Bale and dystopian action movies, and this one merges the two pretty well.

Atlantis The Lost Empire (49%): In my top 10 Disney movies, criminally underrated.

Also all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies after the first one.

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34769

holy equilibrium was only 40? I fucking love that movie that too

Pirates 2 is still > 50 but 3 isnt i cna get behind that (haven't seen later sequels)

I think no one but me liked A Million Ways to Die in the West 

+Sophocles    3136
18 hours ago, rei said:

I think no one but me liked A Million Ways to Die in the West 

that's a comedy

+rei+    34769

yeah i already did my not-hard-mode

+Sophocles    3136

Constantine (2005) is a good flick imo. Keanu reeves + Tilda Swinton were great, Peter Stormare is born to play Satan. (Shia Laboeuf can piss off)

• Upvote 1

HououinKyouma    818

Scrolled through rt's list of under 50s and honestly what shocked me the most was how many of these movies I had at least some interest in seeing, but they either got pulled from theaters too quickly or I told myself I'd redbox it when it got released and then I never did. Even when I had moviepass, I still ended up passing on them.

The one that immediately came to mind was the Godzilla: King of Monsters, I remember seeing that with my friends and the audience was just obviously not buying into it and when we talked about how much of a blast we had in that movie, a buddy of mine mentioned that it had a sub 30 rt score. It's gone up a bit now, as it's settled at 41, but all of the critics I follow enjoyed it, but none had actually written about it for their news outlet, just on podcasts, personal websites, or letterboxd so their positive reviews of it never hit rt. I thought it was pretty funny people were bitching and moaning about the characters in a Godzilla movie, that was def funny to read in a lot of the negative reviews.

The other two were both Malick films Song to Song (43) and Knight of Cups (47). I think Malick chasing a plotless film and worrying more about transmitting feelings than hitting story beats is super interesting. I don't think I'll ever personally revisit these two, especially when it felt like Malick struck a great balance in Tree of Life, but the direction that Malick is heading is interesting at the very least so I'll probably continue watching whatever he puts out.

Haruki    12647

baseketball is the greatest film of all time