Francis J Underwood

Overlord Mafia Post-Game Thread - Town Wins

game was fun.

I have a very large complaint with miller being a thing - it is even worse than godfather in my eyes. I considered it when I got the role flip but I figured that it wasn't a role you'd include

@scum post qt pls

• Upvote 1

2k19    344
1 minute ago, The Antagonist said:

game was fun.

I have a very large complaint with miller being a thing - it is even worse than godfather in my eyes. I considered it when I got the role flip but I figured that it wasn't a role you'd include

@scum post qt pls

yeah i think death millers should only be used in open setups or with morticians

Faint    5946

I dont think anyone in town played badly at all (other than 2k d1 wtf was that town circle shit) and I found it very difficult to push a narrative 

Jazz played excellently and re-evaluated constantly, calling out the whole scum team by d3

+Malcolm    4664

ash you should learn how to play scum tbh imo tbh

terrible player destroys entire scum team without breaking a sweat =]

easy game easy life

• Upvote 1

+Sophocles    3192

Ftr i had fun every day except the second

Even if you think/know someone is scum please don't tell them not to post bc of that, it's really obnoxious to be told not to play the game.

• Upvote 4
  • Pride 1

hazmah    119

09-03-2019
12:56 PM ET (US)
"I feel bad that Francis' game got wasted by poor scum play this game"

if we win we need to quote this in the aftergame

2k19    344
1 hour ago, Faint said:

I dont think anyone in town played badly at all (other than 2k d1 wtf was that town circle shit)

why is it so hard for people to understand?

+Malcolm    4664
49 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

Even if you think/know someone is scum please don't tell them not to post bc of that, it's really obnoxious to be told not to play the game.

i agree

there is a difference between saying you wont engage with scum and saying to fuck off and stop posting

3 hours ago, The Antagonist said:

game was fun.

@scum post qt pls

I gave you guys a mortician and an apprentice so i think i balanced it out

1 hour ago, Sophocles said:

I agree, but TGT was literally costing you the game. Faint did that out of frustration and a desire not kill TGT. Tbh, scum just should have committed to bussing him. It sucks to lose the number and power, but if tyranno dies d1, this game likely goes completely differently

+Sophocles    3192
1 hour ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I agree, but TGT was literally costing you the game. Faint did that out of frustration and a desire not kill TGT. Tbh, scum just should have committed to bussing him. It sucks to lose the number and power, but if tyranno dies d1, this game likely goes completely differently

Oh, I wasn't even talking about Faint telling TGT to shut up. He was a bit harsh but that can be valid advice in the scum QT. I'm talking about BB vs me on day 2

2k19    344
11 hours ago, JC. said:

tyranno claiming partners with soph was a pretty terrible play, and then tyranno continued to pretend as if he didn't say that. i was very confused about that. imo the worst play of the game.

this i didn't understand it at all tyranno was so far under the radar and that gave him nothing

2k19    344

JC i think your play may benefit from taking a step back on d1 and waiting on more flips and mechanical information, i mostly agreed on your d2 trust list that you posted on the start, you were pretty on-point at the beginning of the day after the flips but it seemed like you reverted back to your d1 pre-flip suspicions near the end and basically told everyone to ignore all scans and role claims, if you tune out the paranoia i think you're doing pretty good.

it's hard to readjust your own opinions after you're flat-out wrong on d1 like that, my scumreads on d1 were terrible for a while and every time i was wrong i just doubled down and continued on the basis that "x really was towny/y really was scummy even though they flipped the opposite" and you did a good job of correcting yourself and not falling into that trap at the start of d2, but i think you wanted your d1 suspicions to be right too much

also the emphasis on whether or not role mechanics are protown/antitown in general is usually pointless distraction, a good setup creator mixes it up, and Francis seems like a good one

• Upvote 1

2k19    344

no shame in taking a back seat on d1 especially with how strong some of the players on here are, if i wasn't under so much fire i probably wouldn't have been as aggressive myself

+rei+    34881

I fundamentally disagree with a lot of your design philosophy and role fusterclucks like this in general but I think the game went pretty well regardless 

(from a 'fun / interesting game' perspective anyway. I like anon games when im scum ;p ) 

19 minutes ago, rei said:

I fundamentally disagree with a lot of your design philosophy and role fusterclucks like this in general but I think the game went pretty well regardless 

(from a 'fun / interesting game' perspective anyway. I like anon games when im scum ;p ) 

I mean I am happy to discuss it. I don’t feel this game was role madness or anything. You just didn't get the benefit of the mod auto confirming you were on the right track as town. 

Problem with anon games is ppl dont want to use the accounts. 

+rei+    34881

yeah i get that, i just have won as scum as it a lot lol

I mostly have beef with the extensive manipulation of info provided / trying to emulate noflip. I fundamentally think Mafia at its best is managing the information you get from flips and don't like distorting that. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, rei said:

yeah i get that, i just have won as scum as it a lot lol

I mostly have beef with the extensive manipulation of info provided / trying to emulate noflip. I fundamentally think Mafia at its best is managing the information you get from flips and don't like distorting that. 

Flips are inherently pro town in that sense, which sucks hard for scum. I also feel like they promote solving the game via mechanics rather than Scumhunting. We saw it this game when town wanted to lynch hazmah to confirm his results via flip. 

I included the info manipulating roles precisely to punish attempts to abuse mechanics and solve the game like that. 

I would not have to do that in a no-flip. Likewise, I prefer vanilla setups that emphasize the basic skills of playing this game. The problem is no-flip games and vanilla games in a slow medium like the forum cause ppl to lose interest. Info manipulation was a way of solving those issues.