JC.

Get a Job Mafia Aftergame - Scum Wins

+Sophocles    3315
40 minutes ago, JC. said:

didnt we like just come back from a year of not playing

we should just make this a pokemon forum imo tbh imo

i meant just sit out one (1) game, baby

+Sophocles    3315

Anger and frustration hurt us more than the things we’re annoyed about hurt us.

Marcus Aurelius

• Upvote 2

»JC.    5322

I’ll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

- Big Smoke

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, JC. said:

Am I allowed to modkill players in an aftergame thread?

Cant modkill me if I am already dead - JC, Overlord Mafia

Edited by Francis J Underwood
  • Upvote 3

»JC.    5322

Well, it's hard to argue with a top five player.

• Upvote 1

2k19    392

Thanks for hosting, JC. Sorry for ditching, but I really did not like being called a cheater... especially by the admin of the site.

Other than the flake I'm happy with how I played. Here's how it would have gone down for me:

As stated in the thread, I was confident that the last 4 mafia were in rei, Jazz, malcolm, hazmah. Since nobody claimed the message I received, I was reasonably confident that rei sent it to me in a felonious manner, which is why I was trying to egg Jazz into stumping. rei saying "imagine 2k didn't even get a message" was what tipped me off onto that. My lynch choice for that day would have been rei and from there who knows what would happen.

As for the other stuff that happened I'm discussing it in private and I won't comment on it here

• Upvote 3

2k19    392
3 hours ago, rei said:

Yeah, there needs to be some chill tf out here in general, hopefully next game will help

also mostly hopeful 2k comes back - i really dont like his play in general but he plays and he's def different 

I will if people don't accuse me of cheating from something I made as an off hand comment in the frenzy close to eod. It's aj understatement to say it hurt my feelings, which I know is dumb because this is just a game, but I love this game.

2k19    392

Also, people calling me dumb town or the most antitown player ever every game gets grating after a while

Malcolm's Multi    1918

Never post that you see someone in the thread/call out their activity via them lurking or something. Mentioning it offhand is one thing, but to specifically make the observation that they are in the member list isn’t something we do here. It means nothing and is not indicative of a single thing in regards to alignment. We had a big problem with the lengths people would go to in order to “confirm” dodging the thread or visiting profiles etc etc 

Faint    5963
4 minutes ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

Also, what the heck is “pulling a Malcolm” 

what does that even mean 

Not feeling the need to explain your reads

hazmah    137

god damn everyone tryna fight today. 

in yugioh

in mafia

what next? pokemon too???

Though, in all seriousness, my one main qualm @2k19 with your play was your tendency to simply dispel other people's arguments. It's a simple thing, if you cannot counter or fight someone else's argument, you will lose credibility and so will your argument. All BB does is undermine, and whilst it gets him townread, no one listens to his points as a result.

A gut feeling is simply a thought process people struggle to put into words. Whilst gut instincts can be valuable, it is important to understand the reasoning of your points. If you can't put it into words, do not listen to that gut feeling, as it can be completely off and bullshit. It also will not convince anyone. 

Most players in general, and especially here, need to understand how their gameplay can affect the game. There are 3 things to consider when posting:

1) Is this convincing?

2) Is this going to make me look town aligned?

3) Does this post actually further the game in some way?

The game is always going to fundamentally revolve around these 3 points, so pay attention to these 3 things.

Do not attempt to play like Malcolm. It will backfire. 

• Upvote 3

+Jazz    5538

Francis should have been modkilled for calling me cancer and terrible multiple times on day 1 also. He wouldn't even answer my questions. That's when I started to get really mad. He was such a fucking asshole in game and it needs to be said. I quite literally was not toxic until it built up to a point where I couldn't take it any more. I really did not appreciate how Francis played the game and it has ruined the section for me for some time. I will not be playing for a while.

»JC.    5322

"god damn everyone tryna fight today. 

what next? pokemon too???"

yes actually

guys PLEASE fight me in pokemon i havent had anyone to battle for 3000 years

i will play any format on PokemonShowdown.com and I also have over 100 competitively bred pokemon on my Ultra Sun cartridge if you prefer that.

:upside_down:

• Upvote 3

Malcolm's Multi    1918
8 minutes ago, hazmah said:

god damn everyone tryna fight today. 

in yugioh

in mafia

what next? pokemon too???

Though, in all seriousness, my one main qualm @2k19 with your play was your tendency to simply dispel other people's arguments. It's a simple thing, if you cannot counter or fight someone else's argument, you will lose credibility and so will your argument. All BB does is undermine, and whilst it gets him townread, no one listens to his points as a result.

A gut feeling is simply a thought process people struggle to put into words. Whilst gut instincts can be valuable, it is important to understand the reasoning of your points. If you can't put it into words, do not listen to that gut feeling, as it can be completely off and bullshit. It also will not convince anyone. 

Most players in general, and especially here, need to understand how their gameplay can affect the game. There are 3 things to consider when posting:

1) Is this convincing?

2) Is this going to make me look town aligned?

3) Does this post actually further the game in some way?

The game is always going to fundamentally revolve around these 3 points, so pay attention to these 3 things.

Do not attempt to play like Malcolm. It will backfire. 

=[

• Upvote 3

Faint    5963
24 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Francis should have been modkilled for calling me cancer and terrible multiple times on day 1 also. He wouldn't even answer my questions. That's when I started to get really mad. He was such a fucking asshole in game and it needs to be said. I quite literally was not toxic until it built up to a point where I couldn't take it any more. I really did not appreciate how Francis played the game and it has ruined the section for me for some time. I will not be playing for a while.

I mean none of you were great d1 but on d2 you were really aggressive even without francis there, even including to me 

Like it was really uncomfortable posting in that thread cos it felt like anything that wasnt your exact line of thought would set you off 

Fwiw I hope you do chill out and come back as a happier player who enjoys the game again

48 minutes ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

Also, what the heck is “pulling a Malcolm” 

what does that even mean 

Voting. Not explaining shit. Just generally thinking you can do whatever you want without regard for the consequences to others. You know typical sociopathic tendencies.

Edited by Francis J Underwood

34 minutes ago, Jazz said:

@rei i would advise banning him before I have time to respond or I will defend myself in a way that will accomplish the equivalent. 

+rei+    34990

If you continue this argument I will ban you Francis. 

+rei+    34990
38 minutes ago, JC. said:

"god damn everyone tryna fight today. 

what next? pokemon too???"

yes actually

guys PLEASE fight me in pokemon i havent had anyone to battle for 3000 years

i will play any format on PokemonShowdown.com and I also have over 100 competitively bred pokemon on my Ultra Sun cartridge if you prefer that.

:upside_down:

tcg motherfucker

@Malcolm i get why you play that way as you've explained it before, but the way I play proves its unnecessary. Its also incredibly frustrating for a lot of players to deal with because as town, most players cant figure out your agenda, and as scum, its a joke because you turn the game into a popularity contest 

@Malcolm's Multi

1 minute ago, rei said:

If you continue this argument I will ban you Francis. 

Hey I’m not the one re-raising. I left him alone when you asked but if he’s going to continue to come at me, there will be a response 

hazmah    137
45 minutes ago, Malcolm's Multi said:

=[

Man I actually find your play hilarious at times, and they do work out often, but I’m good with having 10 mini Malcolms trying to play with me