Broken Brilliance

Broken's 1st aftergame thread

Where to begin? The poor play from powerful town roles? Vig letting himself get lynched day 1? Francis throwing the game but still getting lucky and collecting the dub? Boy oh boy! Let's get into it shall we?

MALCOLM WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING CLAIMING A N0 SCAN ON JC IN A NO FLIP GAME? Bruh. This literally won scum the game, there was no way JC was getting lynched until at least final 3 because of this right here. Malcolm was an insane psychologist but never lived to see the sanity flip that rolled twice.

MBA - Doctor. Yeah. Doctor. One that had a self heal too at that. MBA should not have even come close to letting himself get lynched. Instead he threw a fit over how town sucked when in reality he was part of the problem not the solution. 

Hazmah/Jericho was vanilla town with the role name "Town Tyranno" and the flavor of "Feel free to shitpost throughout the day." Hazmah did just this. Jericho on the other hand came in, albeit probably shoulda waited til day ended to sub him, and took that away. He made his reads but was misguided on the "JC is town" wagon.

Speaking of Tyranno. Why the fuck did you claim your role day 1 under no pressure in a no flip game? Absolutely astounding. Now your role didn't really matter much and is actually kind of anti-town because you could end up blocking doc but still. Not a good move.

Fain! Faint was the best town player this game and it wasn't practically close. He demonstrated that he was town from the get go and was able to get the pressure off of him easily without having to reveal the crucial role of town coroner. However, he should have probably died day 1 if it wasn't for Francis throwing the game and going after the wrong person purposefully.

Francis was Lyncher turned Survivor. All I'm gonna say is that you should have played to your wincon not your personal vendetta. You got lucky. You also berated my game, calling it easy when in the end, you were wrong. Wrong as fuck. I demand you to apologize to me.

Walia - You gotta start posting without quota reminders and actually play the game when you sign up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rei - Mafia Coroner. rei served his purpose, he distanced himself nicely and survived as long as he needed to for scum to know all of the roles. 

Soph - Rolecop Your game was kinda weak but was carried by great play from your teammates. JC said it best. The best way to play scum is to play town. 

JC - JC is this game's MVP, he fooled everyone. Including the know it all expert Francis Scumwood who had said he solved my game and that it was easy and demanded MVP for gamethrowing! JC portrayed town way better than he ever did when actually playing as town. He took control every single phase and y'all just let him. Excellent job.

Thanks to antag for helping me create this game and also did I mention that Francis played like shit and basically gamethrew?

Mafia QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/iB8uvNVXePWe

• Pride 1
  • Thanks 1

+rei+    34853

I DID WHAT WAS NEEDED FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Lets be honest, the only one who fooled me was Malcolm. He’s the real scum mvp

Other than that I nailed the team and made sure I wasnt lynched.

broken dont design a gamr that can be solved via mass claim like that. Yes its twat logic but its also lazy design.

same thing with the lyncher role. I need more an incentive than just share the win with the winning faction. If the win con would have been steal the win and end the game, maybe I play mybrole, but if im gonna just share the win, there’s no point

Edited by Francis J Underwood

»JC.    5161

I know Francis is really proud of himself for finding scum, but the post in the thread that made me mad was him accusing 2k of gamethrowing while simultaneously going 'idc about my wincon let me spend all day pressuring scum that can help me win by lynching my target for a 100% win in lylo'

I probably wouldn't have minded as much were I town (or Francis was less on-track).

• Upvote 1

»JC.    5161
1 minute ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Lets be honest, the only one who fooled me was Malcolm. He’s the real scum mvp

I mean, you did say he was confirmed scum on day one. A most valuable addition.

Considering the town left was: Tyranno (bad), Walia (not posting), Jericho (came late),  Faint (took the scan for granted), there was no way convincing anyone. When town doesn't auto lynch JC for not protecting Faint, it's beyond repair

3 minutes ago, JC. said:

I know Francis is really proud of himself for finding scum, but the post in the thread that made me mad was him accusing 2k of gamethrowing while simultaneously going 'idc about my wincon let me spend all day pressuring scum that can help me win by lynching my target for a 100% win in lylo'

I probably wouldn't have minded as much were I town (or Francis was less on-track).

2k is throwing for his faction and hurting his teammates. My decision affects no player but me. See the difference?

2 minutes ago, my bloody arcanine said:

Considering the town left was: Tyranno (bad), Walia (not posting), Jericho (came late),  Faint (took the scan for granted), there was no way convincing anyone. When town doesn't auto lynch JC for not protecting Faint, it's beyond repair

Same logic applies to Tyranno

I still don't think you should have done what you did Francis. It was poor sportsmanship to push an agenda instead of going for your wincon

»JC.    5161

I was going to say town got shafted because Vig died d1 and we killed cop, but if we didn't lynch 2k he would have just shot malcolm for us.

Thoughts from my perspective:

I really don't like playing as scum, but I did my best to ignore that. Scum wins if

(1) each player successfully pushes one mislynch or

(2) one scum member pockets ANY one member of town

During the game, my goal was to satisfy #1. I got 2k lynched, and then I was done. We had to out the entire team to get this kill through because rei can't go a day phase without a train forming on him at eod apparently. I thought the game was basically over when that happened.

I figured that we were behind on day 2, so I wanted to try to do double-duty and get a second mislynch in Tyranno. I think I would have gotten away with it, had MBA not hammered. Since it didn't work out and rei died, I realized I needed to play more heavily into being confirmed town so that I could survive lylo. I was surprised I was able to get the second mislynch on MBA, which sealed the game more or less. Even if Walia didn't die, Francis not ejecting from the game should have gotten him killed--and it would have, if I had hammered.

I was not particularly happy with either teammate, but Soph managed to not get lynched, so that's nice.

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34853

especially a flawed and broken agenda rofl 

Just now, Broken Brilliance said:

I still don't think you should have done what you did Francis. It was poor sportsmanship to push an agenda instead of going for your wincon

Again, don’t design a role that gives me no incentive to do what you want. 

Faint got nkd after I was “randomly” vanillaized on d2. Just because i didnt go for faint all the way through doesnt mean I would not have eventually.

+rei+    34853

I meant your lecturing 'this is how mafia is to be played' schtick 

»JC.    5161
20 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Even if JC wasnt confirmed, i doubt we would have lynched over tyranno if he played this well. That being said he had every reason to feel confident given he was psuedo confirmed. Lets see if it carries over

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying you liked my posts this game and I should do that again next time as town? Or as scum when I'm not "confirmed."

I really don't mind Francis' lectures on mafia tbh. I just dont like how he's always angry and disrespectful. Once I took that out of the game it became much nicer/calm. Tho the game was still shit. No flip sucks

• Upvote 1

The posts JC made after my death had me bashing my head for realising he might ACTUALLY be scum, since I realised that DESPITE Malcolm being confirmed to be insane cop, we didn't bother to question whether or not his scan was legit.

I got played like a fiddle for the one day I was really present, I should've lost focus on MBA for a bit to fully follow up on Soph.

It's like I said, he was playing into my ego so I would townread him smfh.

also ew at francis being so unsportmanslike and the really weird power role claims that came out of nowhere. Despite the minor toxicity and bad plays, I'm probably gonna stick around to play more with y'all in the future, it was pretty solid playing with y'all.

• Pride 2

3 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Faint got nkd after I was “randomly” vanillaized on d2

im sorry that you have a problem with RNG but don't you dare accuse me of rigging a game like this

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JC. said:

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying you liked my posts this game and I should do that again next time as town? Or as scum when I'm not "confirmed."

Your posts this game were good. I just dont know if you are as aggressive with them if you arent psuedo confirmed by malcolm’s scan. Play like this more often regardless of alignment

1 minute ago, Broken Brilliance said:

im sorry that you have a problem with RNG but don't you dare accuse me of rigging a game like this

Then dont call me out for throwing my win con when i had one day total to achieve it

»JC.    5161

btw my entire thought process for going on 2k was "E gads! I rolled scum, this game is ruined! ...But what if I were to recycle old arguments and disguise it as scumhunting. Ohoho, delightfully devilish, JC."

• Upvote 1